Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
flights are still <$400 right now so I'm biding my time. Also I'm going to be an AP by February but I think I'm going to make a dummy reservation so I can book my dining in the next couple of weeks.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
when does the "theme" of each race come out for Princess (or is it out already?). I'm the nerd that likes to plan my 'costumes' around each race's theme.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Medals have been announced.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-2019-disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend/

yrugjbyu69382.jpg
yrugjbyu69383.jpg
yrugjbyu69385.jpg
yrugjbyu69384.jpg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
side note - none of my running costumes match the race themes but oh well.
5k - Alice in Wonderland
10k - Ariel
half - Merida

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is there any way to check to see if your proof of time got you into a different corral? I submitted mine but the website with the link I used changed. I'm somewhat nervous that my POT won't be used.

Contact rundisney either by phone or email. I'm not sure when staff will start assigning runners to corals. Runners are notified about corral assignments 2-3 weeks before race weekend when waivers are released.

AuburnBelle919

I’m super happy that the half is Aurora but think they could have done a little more on the design. The theme goes perfectly with the costumes I am trying to talk my friends into wearing (Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather). I’m jealous of the Jasmine challenge medal and really wish I had signed up for the 10K since Mulan is one of my favorites.

RunningKoen

Be warned: a long whiny post filled with first world problems ahead!

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'm most likely dropping out of the 5K. (99% sure). Already have booked an extra set of plane tickets to arrive a day later.

My motives to run this race are gone and the downsides are starting have grown.

My main goal was to have a try out for waking up so early for several days in a row, to prepare for a possible dopey. My interest in a Dopey is gone, so no more need to try this.

Courses of 5K are never my favorites (not in Paris, nor in WDW) and just running through Epcot is been there done that thing. (2 times during W&D, 1 time during the Marathon). And I will still see it twice during the other races.

The disappointment of the medals is still there. I don't know the princess of the 5K, so the bib, the medal, the merchandise has zero appeal to me.

Doing the WDW races are a (hugh) restraint for my work. And I'm not willing to deal with all that for a race that means so little to me. There's a slight backlash of the marathon so I'd rather stay low profile. I need their goodwill for Paris & a WDW race in 2020.

I will still do the challenge because damn, Mulan and Jasmin! And I will still a few extra days to finaly relax and have a WDW holiday!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Be warned: a long whiny post filled with first world problems ahead!

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'm most likely dropping out of the 5K. (99% sure). Already have booked an extra set of plane tickets to arrive a day later.

My motives to run this race are gone and the downsides are starting have grown.

My main goal was to have a try out for waking up so early for several days in a row, to prepare for a possible dopey. My interest in a Dopey is gone, so no more need to try this.

Courses of 5K are never my favorites (not in Paris, nor in WDW) and just running through Epcot is been there done that thing. (2 times during W&D, 1 time during the Marathon). And I will still see it twice during the other races.

The disappointment of the medals is still there. I don't know the princess of the 5K, so the bib, the medal, the merchandise has zero appeal to me.

Doing the WDW races are a (hugh) restraint for my work. And I'm not willing to deal with all that for a race that means so little to me. There's a slight backlash of the marathon so I'd rather stay low profile. I need their goodwill for Paris & a WDW race in 2020.

I will still do the challenge because damn, Mulan and Jasmin! And I will still a few extra days to finaly relax and have a WDW holiday!

So you're still doing Princess, just the 10K and Half, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom