Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

RunningKoen

Ended up chatting with the winner in Instagram. Turns out he won by accident, 21.40 for the 5K. He just ran his pace for the half and slowed down when he noticed no one before him, but he still kept the first place and won.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ended up chatting with the winner in Instagram. Turns out he won by accident, 21.40 for the 5K. He just ran his pace for the half and slowed down when he noticed no one before him, but he still kept the first place and won.

He was there again this morning, dressed as Merida.

Medal #2

20180224_092058.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
Still deeply in love with that medal. Sigh.

How was your race, @LAKid53? I have no clue about the weather but it seems still quite hot.

It seemed a little cooler at the start, there was a small breeze. But yeah, warm. They handed out cooling towels at the finish line. And fools were throwing them away! I shaved a minute off my W&D 10k time. A PR!

Edit: probably shouldn't try to type while soaking my feet in the ice water left in the cooler, lol.

surfsupdon

Congrats runners. I loved the Tangled theme yesterday.

I did see that our very own rD race announcer, Carissa, got engaged at the finish line when her and her bf (Galloway's son) crossed the line together. She did not have announcing duties today, so she was allowed to run, and looking forward to it for quite some time. Congrats to them.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Congrats runners. I loved the Tangled theme yesterday.

I did see that our very own rD race announcer, Carissa, got engaged at the finish line when her and her bf (Galloway's son) crossed the line together. She did not have announcing duties today, so she was allowed to run, and looking forward to it for quite some time. Congrats to them.

That explains the sash she was wearing. It was hard to hear the announcers this morning.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Rudy and John?? Anybody else?

No, just the usual suspects. I think they were having problems with the mics. The mic they handed the lady from Children's Miracle Network wouldn't work. You could hear Rudy in another country normally.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I finished, 5 minutes slower than last year. It was hot. And I ended up in the medical tent with a huge open blister on the bottom of my right foot. No trip to the parks for me. Thank God I have chocolate donuts in the freezer in my resort room.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I finished, 5 minutes slower than last year. It was hot. And I ended up in the medical tent with a huge open blister on the bottom of my right foot. No trip to the parks for me. Thank God I have chocolate donuts in the freezer in my resort room.

Still wearing Feetures? Only blister I've ever gotten was in Feetures. Falkes may be expensive but I've never had blisters.

Take care of yourself - and enjoy the donuts :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Just looked - you can get them on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ER6DBFY/ref=twister_B00MNKCHXI?th=1&psc=1

It doesn't say it in description for the women's, but it is the RU4 that I wear (and the image of these is identical to mine and the image of the men's that does say RU4). I've never worn the RU5s. And I've also only worn the ankle socks, even in the dead of winter here; my tights go down all the way to my ankles (and then some!) so I've never felt the need for higher socks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom