Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks, my friend. One day, maybe we can do it together, with our daughters.

Paris '19

That would be fun but I think the difference in age between our daughters is double the difference in age between us and in 2019 she'd be too young to run the half and the 5k and 10k are logistically out of the question because of how strict they are about school here. :(
She'd be a good babysitter though if yours had a little one by then. ;)

To be honest she's not all that keen on running though she does grudgingly do some 5k runs and 7-9k walking events with me (mom-guilt is a wonderful thing :angelic:). And I think I convinced her to do a 5k with me in Vienna in May ... if I can convince myself to get on the airplane :joyfull:.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I keep telling myself I don't need anymore rD stuff.....never works.

But I finally got to meet Jeff Galloway and we reminisced about FSU in the 1970s..... And did the Tomahawk Chop together. I'm sure people thought we were crazy.... Nope, just two old FSU alums.

LAKid53

Premium Member
What did you get? Is it as amazing as on the promotional pictures? Was it another year of #SurvivingPrincessExpo?

Yes, the merchandise is amazing. I got all the preorder stuff - pins, magnets, jacket, ornament, figurine. And then more shirts - the "I Did It" onesfor every race, performance shirts for each race - they don't have that big plastic silk screen on the front - and finally rD has one for 5ks. And the all important Dooney and Burke magicband that coordinates with the D&B purses. Oh, and a set of Alex and Ani bracelets for my daughter. The bed in my hotel room looked like the Expo exploded all over it, lol.

Not as fond of the Merida race shirt - it's a really dark green. So I got another shirt for the 10k.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For those running the Half and staying on property, they moved up the bus boarding time to 3:00am, due to all the construction. Which means probably the same for Dark Side Half.

:mad:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Yes, the merchandise is amazing. I got all the preorder stuff - pins, magnets, jacket, ornament, figurine. And then more shirts - the "I Did It" onesfor every race, performance shirts for each race - they don't have that big plastic silk screen on the front - and finally rD has one for 5ks. And the all important Dooney and Burke magicband that coordinates with the D&B purses. Oh, and a set of Alex and Ani bracelets for my daughter. The bed in my hotel room looked like the Expo exploded all over it, lol.

Not as fond of the Merida race shirt - it's a really dark green. So I got another shirt for the 10k.

I'm jealous - I took one look at the line in the freezing wind at the Marathon expo and said that my preorder pins and magnets would have to be enough for me!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Lookie what I got. 😊 👍
20180223_075356.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
Amazing medal. Great job @LAKid53. Proud of you!! How was the race?

This is posted at RunDisney's social media. And a perfect summary of what's so unique about RunDisney.

wI43wXm.png

I didn't realize he won. They had a interview with him before the race started - it was hilarious. You'd be surprised the number of guys who dress up as princesses. And several couple were he Princess and she Prince. That's what I love about Princess Half - it's all fun...

I walked most of the race. It was warm. And I didn't want to kill my legs.

Given the abnormally warm temperature for this weekend, I'm worried the SW Half in April will be to heat what the Marathon was to cold. And it will be my SIL's first Half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom