Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

Just checked and the race guide is out. Fewer corrals than last year. Is rD assigning more runners to the corrals now? I remember corral going up to P last year. And no run though any park but MK and Epcot at the end. The 10K is all Epcot and Boardwalk area.

Lots of parking lot running. Boring courses.

Yes, numbers of corrals have been drastically cut. But they now use all the mini-waves within each corral. So it ends up taking about the same amount of time to get all the runners going.

Princess is the only WDW race I’ve never done, but isn’t the course usually the same as the January Half? Park time seems about consistent. Once you add the up and back on World Drive there’s not much mileage left to spare.

Yeah, it has typically been the same as the course used for the Marathon Weekend half.

WDW_Emily

WAIVERS ARE OUT FRIENDS!!!!

My 5K bib is in the 46000's so I'm guessing D and my 10K is in the 32000's which I had last year in C.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Last for me. In all the races. Guess that's what I get for being slow.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
This is going to make the Expo nuts Thursday AM. Wish it was more than 500....
phm209348023984.jpg
phm0349850349853.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
This will be my first run! So excited! What does the expo look like early Saturday morning? I don’t get in till Friday night!

Shouldn't be crowded at all. Runners doing the 5k, 10k and Challenge will have picked up their bibs by end of Friday. However, there may not be much merchandise left. If you want any of the commemorative stuff, pins, race magnets and weekend jacket, I recommend getting on the Active.com website and see if you can still pre-order.

Expo doesn't open until 9:30 am on Saturday. Make sure you get on the bus going to the Expo and not buses going from/to the finish line if you're staying on property. The buses returning runners to their Disney resort will run until 9:30 am.

Just noticed the Expo doesn't open until noon on Thursday.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I think we are going to uber from Epcot to the expo and then catch the bus to Coronado to drop our stuff off then bus it to DHS. Last year we just went to the parks after the expo but we don't want to kill the whole morning this year.

Yeah, a noon opening is a day killer that first day. But the Expo closes at 8PM to compensate.

I never do any park time that first day. And I'll be getting ready for bed around the time the Expo closes on Thursday, since I'm doing the 5k. I sure hope the noon opening the first day isn't the norm going forward. Maybe the runners who purchased the VIP package complained about having to be there at 9AM, lol.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just looked at the weather projected for race weekend. Gonna be a warm Princess, with lows in the low 60s and highs in the low 80s....in February.

dreamfinder

This will be my first run! So excited! What does the expo look like early Saturday morning? I don’t get in till Friday night!

Should be pretty slow, with most merchandise gone.

Just noticed the Expo doesn't open until noon on Thursday.

Gotta give those VIP people an hour to shop/whatever before the pions. Think they get from 10-11, and then they clear the expo to let everyone else in at noon. Seems to just be a way to get the resellers a reason to buy the VIP Tent upcharge.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Gotta give those VIP people an hour to shop/whatever before the pions. Think they get from 10-11, and then they clear the expo to let everyone else in at noon. Seems to just be a way to get the resellers a reason to buy the VIP Tent upcharge.

Will they clear the Expo? From how I'm interpreting what's on the rD site is that you can get in early, but if you arrive after 11AM, they won't let you in. I wouldn't want to be a volunteer trying to clear out those people.

So far, there's no VIP package listed for Dark Side in April. And the Expo opens at 10AM, closing at 8PM the 1st day. That Expo is always a zoo.

dreamfinder

Will they clear the Expo? From how I'm interpreting what's on the rD site is that you can get in early, but if you arrive after 11AM, they won't let you in. I wouldn't want to be a volunteer trying to clear out those people.

*shrug* That makes sense as well, in Jan someone gave me the impression they cleared it out.

Don't tell @dreamfinder but I bought the VIP package... 😁

I think my DM will be right there with you.

LAKid53

Premium Member
*shrug* That makes sense as well, in Jan someone gave me the impression they cleared it out.

I think my DM will be right there with you.

I don't want to waste my entire morning waiting for the Expo to open. I'm usually out by 1pm - and that includes shopping. And I really want the magicband....

RunningKoen

This is best merchandise I've ever seen. (Since like september 2015)
Amazing. Cant decide what I like the most. I think it's a car magnet, but the one with the window silhoutes with all three races + challenge.

The consistency in the merchandise is also great. The same background for the I did it shirts yet each princess recognisable. Same for the car magnets.The race shirts with an rather active print.
(and o my gosh the staircase in the cinderella dress <3).

Combined with the medals, the race really makes me regret not going.
However, combined with the merchandise, my bank account is really happy I am not going. Cause I would buy almost everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom