Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

RunningKoen

@LAKid53 - no chance of W&D in the foreseeable future because my child is old enough now that taking her out of school has serious consequences on her grades... and young enough that I won't go so far away without her.

Doing the WDW weekend for '19 would mostly overlap with her school holiday. I'm struggling with school aswell, just as a teacher.

If you travel and enjoy WDW before the race, you'd only need 1 or 2 days skipping school. The first one after the x-mas break isnt a big one to miss.

RunningKoen

Loving the back of the merida spinner

26167269_10101322293230789_2741538133184858588_n.jpg

WDW_Emily

Guys this is going to sound really silly but for some unknown reason, on the princess 5k I put my pace was 10-11 minutes (which is the correct time) and for the 10k I must have accidentally scrolled too much at put 12-13. I only realized now when I was just registering my sister for the 10K (through a TA).

Anyone who just did the marathon 10K or princess last year, does this mean I'm most likely in the last corral? I'll survive if I am, I just want myself and my sister to be prepared.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Guys this is going to sound really silly but for some unknown reason, on the princess 5k I put my pace was 10-11 minutes (which is the correct time) and for the 10k I must have accidentally scrolled too much at put 12-13. I only realized now when I was just registering my sister for the 10K (through a TA).

Anyone who just did the marathon 10K or princess last year, does this mean I'm most likely in the last corral? I'll survive if I am, I just want myself and my sister to be prepared.

No. The last corral(s) are reserved for runners who don't provide POT. You'll most likely be in the middle. There will be lots of corrals for the Princess races.

dreamfinder

No. The last corral(s) are reserved for runners who don't provide POT. You'll most likely be in the middle. There will be lots of corrals for the Princess races.

The 5/10k will most likely have A-F. You can see the page in last years guide here -> http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dwphmo22317#!/disney-princess-enchanted-10k I'd probably expect to be in C or D, slight chance of E. Really depends on how everyone else self seeded.

paul436

How flat (or hilly) is the half marathon course? I'm running with my daughter and we got through the NYC Marathon a few months ago so not too worried but am curious...

LAKid53

Premium Member
How flat (or hilly) is the half marathon course? I'm running with my daughter and we got through the NYC Marathon a few months ago so not too worried but am curious...

Most of it is flat. The only "hilly" part is the ramp from World Drive onto Osceola Parkway. If the course is similar to last year, you'll start in the MK parking lot, run the back way onto World Drive, through the MK gate, down under the water bridge to MK (okay, another "hill", but down), into MK, down Mainstreet, around the Castle, out through the back entrance by Thunder Mountain, run past the GF, back onto World Drive, over to DHS and then ending up at Epcot. We came in the front of Epcot, rather than the back through the International Gateway. If we don't have to run between DHS and Epcot via the congested path and slippery Boardwalk, I will be happy.

Disney hills are more like gentle inclines, other than getting onto Osceola. If you did the NYC marathon, Disney won't be a problem.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks. I was hoping this was the case. Some of those NYC hills were a beast. :)

If Disney ever manages to throw in a hill like Heartbreak in Boston, that's probably gonna be my last Half. But they'd have to construct it. Florida is basically flat.

paul436

Do they send out any race materials to your home before the race? This is my first Disney Run so I'm not sure what to expect...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Do they send out any race materials to your home before the race? This is my first Disney Run so I'm not sure what to expect...

You will be getting an email informing you that (a) The digital race guide is available online and (b) waivers are ready to print and sign.

I would read through the guide. It will have information on the Expo, transportation to/from the Expo and race start/end lines, including transportation, like parking, for those not staying in Disney hotels and race courses. Unfortunately, the only part that is printable is the bit about transportation, if I remember correctly.

Your waiver will have your bib number. You can use that number to determine your corral assignment for the Half marathon only. On the runners info section on the rD race page, there will be a section called corrals. Click on it, look for the bib number and that's your corral.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just checked and the race guide is out. Fewer corrals than last year. Is rD assigning more runners to the corrals now? I remember corral going up to P last year. And no run though any park but MK and Epcot at the end. The 10K is all Epcot and Boardwalk area.

Lots of parking lot running. Boring courses.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Just checked and the race guide is out. Fewer corrals than last year. Is rD assigning more runners to the corrals now? I remember corral going up to P last year. And no run though any park but MK and Epcot at the end. The 10K is all Epcot and Boardwalk area.

Is there a link to the race guide? I saw one on Twitter the other day but didn't save the link. I'm prepping mentally for the Wine/Dine half and '19 Princess

RunningKoen

Not that thrilled about the courses either. Glad I didnt fall for the medals that badly. The medal section is amazing in the magazine. The 10K loop after the start feels rather boring.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is there a link to the race guide? I saw one on Twitter the other day but didn't save the link. I'm prepping mentally for the Wine/Dine half and '19 Princess

The link is on the runDisney page for the Princess Half. The course may change next year, though.

Figment82

Princess is the only WDW race I’ve never done, but isn’t the course usually the same as the January Half? Park time seems about consistent. Once you add the up and back on World Drive there’s not much mileage left to spare.

WDW_Emily

Not that thrilled about the courses either. Glad I didnt fall for the medals that badly. The medal section is amazing in the magazine. The 10K loop after the start feels rather boring.
I did the princess 10K last year and the first 3 miles are all on highway! It was a struggle.

I really liked the Wine and Dine course so I think I am going to sign up for that one for November 2018

LAKid53

Premium Member
I did the princess 10K last year and the first 3 miles are all on highway! It was a struggle.

I really liked the Wine and Dine course so I think I am going to sign up for that one for November 2018

This year, we get to run in the Epcot parking lot. Oh, joy.

LAKid53

Premium Member

This year, we get to run in the Epcot parking lot. Oh, joy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom