Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

LSLS

Think I'll care a lot more when we get a trailer and see if it's something new or just retelling the exact same story.

Jedijax719

This remake does not preclude other opportunities.

As a Little Mermaid superfan, I for one am really looking forward to it!
Yeah it's not a burning of the books situation with the remakes. It's a different look. The originals are still out there. This one is really the last one of its kind-the last of the renaissance era remakes. Everyone knew that they'd do this one and they've been working on it for several years. Halle looks and sounds phenomenal and really seems the capture the entire spirit of Ariel. McCarthy will be great too and will add some humor to her role. Not sure what Sebastian will look like but I am extremely happy with the choice of casting Daveed Diggs.

celluloid

So many will be fine with this on their Disney Plus list, not theater list.

I don't think it is tracking all that well. It is not the same situation as the Live Action Beauty and The Beast.

mf1972

looks very nice, visually. i think i can wait until it drops on disney+. we just haven’t been to the movies that much. still haven’t watched avatar 2 yet.

Lirael

The color scheme is awful

Everything really dark and all colors muted and boring. Felt more appropriate if it this was a horror remake of the original

You can feel the lack of effort. They know they'll make bank regardless so they didn't even try

celluloid

Could you clarify what you mean?

I thought it was pretty obvious, sorry. My point is that Disney Plus was not around for Live Action Beauty and the Beast. Cinderella really started it.

Dumbo fizzled and now Disney Plus is available.

This has the love of the animated classic going for it like Beauty and The Beast, but seems more on par with what Pinocchio and Dumbo did.

LittleBuford

I thought it was pretty obvious, sorry. My point is that Disney Plus was not around for Live Action Beauty and the Beast. Cinderella really started it.

Dumbo fizzled and now Disney Plus is available.

This has the love of the animated classic going for it like Beauty and The Beast, but seems more on par with what Pinocchio and Dumbo did.
I don’t think we know enough about it to say which of the existing live-action remakes it’ll resemble in quality and/or appeal, but I agree that the existence of Disney+ complicates matters.

LittleBuford

Everything really dark and all colors muted and boring. Felt more appropriate if it this was a horror remake of the original

You can feel the lack of effort. They know they'll make bank regardless so they didn't even try
Much of the teaser relates to the “Part of Your World” sequence, which is dark in the original film too. There are some very bright and vibrant scenes included also (around where Ariel interacts with the blowfish).

Disney Analyst

I don’t think we know enough about it to say which of the existing live-action remakes it’ll resemble in quality and/or appeal, but I agree that the existence of Disney+ complicates matters.

I think this is the perfect movie to get families in cinemas. Big budget, and The Little Mermaid.

I just can’t see it not attracting an audience.

erasure fan1

Everything really dark and all colors muted and boring
. Felt more appropriate if it this was a horror remake of the original
It will be interesting to see the full trailer as that was the first thing I thought as well. I hope it isn't like that for all the underwater scenes.
I think this is the perfect movie to get families in cinemas. Big budget, and The Little Mermaid.

I just can’t see it not attracting an audience.
I would be absolutely shocked if it doesn't do well. Aladdin, beast and Lion King all did well from a money standpoint but were all awful. So I can't see this one being the outlier for the Renaissance films. It's why Disney keeps doing them. It's low hanging fruit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom