Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

PrinceCharming617

Question again, apart from the casting, has there be any indication that Little Mermaid is not being closely adapted still? All we have had is a teaser trailer.

Does casting a Black actress somehow take this film into another realm that the others did not cross?

How are you making your assessments?

I've read that they want to make it less of a love story. And that Ariel doesn't need a man to succeed. Whatever that means.

Br0ckford

Is This Real Life David After Dentist GIF

PrinceCharming617

I don't know why people keep bringing up the book. Ariel is a totally different version than the literary one. I'm sure they'll do the same thing with Snow White.

The Disney versions are all different than the graphic and often scary book versions.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That argument about the casting of this film is so strange. Absolutely nothing about the original animated film suggests it was set in Denmark. I'm beginning to wonder whether people think Scandinavia is located on the north coast of South America.
Eric's castle is in Italy, or is supposed to be set in a similar Mediterranean environment. In the Disney version...

Stupido

Melissa McCarthy is so miscast as Ursula, it's painful.

Halle looks like she's going to be absolutely incredible though. It'll be weird watching The Little Mermaid while actually rooting for Ariel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom