Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

Californian Elitist

No one cares about the race of the actress. Stop playing the race card to create some sort of controverse. It's another redo live action remake / rebrand attempt to grab a few dollars then move it to D+.
Plenty of people care about Halle being black, including the person I responded to and folks like this:

F93E36AB-E935-4243-8463-EB227905DEB9.jpeg

Don’t be so naive, and go back and read their posts. Stop accusing me of playing the “race card” and pay attention.

Disney Analyst

Youtube trailer has...

475,000 likes, 1.5 million dislikes

Audience ratings, YouTube likes or dislikes for trailers, they mean nothing anymore now that idiots go on and do that, idiots who don’t even care or watch the movie, and just want to make everyone who cares about or worked on a production feel like crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrinceCharming617

Audience ratings, YouTube likes or dislikes for trailers, they mean nothing anymore now that idiots go on and do that, idiots who don’t even care or watch the movie, and just want to make everyone who cares about or worked on a production feel like crap.

The same can be said for the opposite side. The ones that still say She-Hulk's CGI looks awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedijax719

Here's the way I see it. If Disney fans of the animated films are upset about the remakes, then they shouldn't watch them. The classics are still there. If a person is a big Disney fan and cares that much, they probably have D+ and can watch ALL the classics anytime and as much as they want.

If someone isn't a Disney fan, they should find someone else to bother. I don't watch the Fantastic Four movies so nobody is going to find me complaining about anything they do.

CaptainAmerica

What does that have to do with the very real review bombing these shows and movies that cast diversely are receiving?
Diverse casting is wielded as a shield against legitimate criticism.

If something sucks and is diverse, it will be criticized by racists (or sexists or whatever) but it will also be criticized by normal people *because it sucks.* Then, the defenders of the Thing will allege that the only POSSIBLE reason they could be getting negative feedback is because of the racists. Then, the people who don't like the Thing for legitimate reasons rightly bristle at being lumped in with the racists.

You notice that Black Panther didn't get review-bombed, right? Because Black Panther was freaking awesome. We're supposed to believe that all of these nerds who went nuts with love for Black Panther all of a sudden became racist overnight because they didn't like the diversity in The Last Jedi.

EDIT: I got my timeline wrong there, as Black Panther came out after The Last Jedi, not before. But the point stands.

Californian Elitist

This guy broke it down well for Rings of Power right now.

Exactly. Any time black people step into roles that white people think should be reserved for only white actors, which tend to be fantasy roles, mind you, they lose their minds and troll. We saw it with Star Wars, we’re seeing it now with Lord of the Rings, House of the Dragon, Pinocchio, and The Little Mermaid. It happens all the time.

Mermaid’s full trailer hasn’t even come out yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom