Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

PrinceCharming617

Exactly. Any time black people step into roles that white people think should be reserved for only white actors, which tend to be fantasy roles, mind you, they lose their minds and troll. We saw it with Star Wars, we’re seeing it now with Lord of the Rings, House of the Dragon, Pinocchio, and The Little Mermaid. It happens all the time.

Mermaid’s full trailer hasn’t even come out yet.

hod.png

GimpYancIent

Plenty of people care about Halle being black, including the person I responded to and folks like this:

View attachment 666437

Don’t be so naive, and go back and read their posts. Stop accusing me of playing the “race card” and pay attention.
No accusation. It's there for all to see. To be fair you are not the only person attempting to create a controverse about this live action remake. A cheap way to stir interest.

NateD1226

Original Poster
It’s just more of the online trolls, racists, and bots “review bombing” just like they do for any production these days with diverse casting.
This.

It’s happening as we talk about this with The Woman King. The film is about an all black woman warrior tribe. The film has been getting great reviews from critics, but it has a 3.5/10 score on IMDB. It’s really upsetting and disgusting to see people do this to any film.

PrinceCharming617

This.

It’s happening as we talk about this with The Woman King. The film is about an all black woman warrior tribe. The film has been getting great reviews from critics, but it has a 3.5/10 score on IMDB. It’s really upsetting and disgusting to see people do this to any film.

wk.png

.... And you guys are complaining about the fans. I haven't seen this movie yet, but chances are... it's not better than "Jaws" and "Star Wars."

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

View attachment 666480

.... And you guys are complaining about the fans. I haven't seen this movie yet, but chances are... it's not better than "Jaws" and "Star Wars."

That’s only 31 reviews so far, it will drop as it always does.

Many Disney animated and Pixar films have started at 100% and dropped as more critic reviews are released.

Not sure what point you are trying to make?

PrinceCharming617

That’s only 31 reviews so far, it will drop as it always does.

Many Disney animated and Pixar films have started at 100% and dropped as more critic reviews are released.

Not sure what point you are trying to make?

Only 31??? I'd be complaining if it was just 5 reviews.

The critics are obviously propping up the score. Because they are either Woke or don't want to be labeled a Bigot.

Disney Analyst

Only 31??? I'd be complaining if it was just 5 reviews.

The critics are obviously propping up the score. Because they are either Woke or don't want to be labeled a Bigot.

Okay so you are legitimately asserting that critics have banded together to post false positive reviews, to be woke or avoid levels, and there is no way this film is just actually really good?

Have you seen the film? What is your reasoning this film can't be well liked, and earn positive reviews?

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Exactly. Any time black people step into roles that white people think should be reserved for only white actors, which tend to be fantasy roles, mind you, they lose their minds and troll. We saw it with Star Wars, we’re seeing it now with Lord of the Rings, House of the Dragon, Pinocchio, and The Little Mermaid. It happens all the time.

Mermaid’s full trailer hasn’t even come out yet.
Also, I wonder if AMC's new INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE series is also getting trolled because Louis, the character previously played by Brad Pitt, is now played by Jacob Anderson, an African American actor. I wonder if they think vampires are not allowed to be black, or if it is limited to mermaids.

Californian Elitist

Also, I wonder if AMC's new INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE series is also getting trolled because Louis, the character previously played by Brad Pitt, is now played by Jacob Anderson, an African American actor. I wonder if they think vampires are not allowed to be black, or if it is limited to mermaids.
I actually had no clue an Interview with the
Vampire series was in development! How interesting, I will look into this. I love the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

BuddyThomas

, but as previously stated, mermaids do not exist and can look like anything the filmmakers want them to look like. Also, I hate to break it to you, but there was already an Asian American Ariel in the Disney stage version. All the usual suspects had their panties in a bunch over that one too.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

If this isn't enough for people to see how important this is-I don't know what is
That's exactly how my white daughters reacted to the trailer. Little girls love mermaids.

To reiterate, since I know not every person reads every post, I have no problem with this casting. But that doesn't mean it's "important." In fact, the argument up until this point has been the opposite, that it shouldn't matter what race or nationality she is, an argument that I agree with.

Position 1: "It's important that she's white." <--- Racist people say this.
Position 2: "It doesn't matter what race she is." <--- We were here. This is the consensus mainstream opinion.
Position 3: "It's important that she's Black." <--- But you moved the goalpasts to here. This is where you get backlash.

Last edited:

DKampy

The difference is these so-called “anti-woke” people seem to obsess over things they say they can’t stand…how many different ways can they say “ Rings of Power” is woke… if I don’t like something I say it is not for me and move on… I am more inclined to go on and on about something I loved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom