Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

BuddyThomas

Overseas Box Office figures from this past weekend were all tabulated and added to the tally today (except for Turkey and Romania, those slowpokes). Overseas box office is notably weaker than it should be, especially in Asia and the Middle East. But the United Kingdom and its Commonwealth nations are bright spots at least.

Domestic total is now at 255 Million, and overseas is at 212 Million, for a now flatlining total of 467 Million.

I'm still baffled at how tiny the box office tallies from Communist China are for all these mega-budget Disney films.

As of today, Mermaid has garnered just $3,73,762 in box office in Communist China. Three million, seven hundred thousand. Tell me again why Burbank spent Billions to build theme parks there to "get a foothold" in that marketplace of 1.4 Billion people. So they could make an extra 3 or 4 million per film? 🤔

View attachment 725458

You said Burbank again! Everyone has to take a drink!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You said Burbank again! Everyone has to take a drink!
1687317051482.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, let’s hope. That’s about the point where Mermaid finally breaks even.

Although I can’t imagine that was the business plan when they were approved to spend $200 Million making it, much less $250 Million.
Break even would be a fantastic outcome - for Disney - at this point. Especially since they’re looking at a nice $175+ hit on elemental…

But high $500’s are not realistic based on patterns.

It’s $467 and getting pulled from theaters by the minute. You need 25 days of $2 mil plus average and stronger than any foreign box office levels than it’s gotten so far to trickle in to get to $525-550.

The numbers don’t work. I feel like one of those election guys standing in front of the “magic board”…can’t count what doesn’t exist.

BuddyThomas

After the ragings here…I’m not sure you understand yourself.
Excuse you? You have been on here day in and day out raging about box office and everything else. Don't get it twisted and don't try to flip it. Shall we do a post count - how many times have you put all sorts of negative posts about this movie, almost like it is your personal mission to destroy it? I think it is time for you to go on ignore. I can't take any more of your ridiculous posts. And I don't know what you Disney haters are doing here to begin with. BYE!!!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Excuse you? You have been on here day in and day out raging about box office and everything else. Don't get it twisted and don't try to flip it. Shall we do a post count - how many times have you put all sorts of negative posts about this movie, almost like it is your personal mission to destroy it? I think it is time for you to go on ignore. I can't take any more of your ridiculous posts. And I don't know what you Disney haters are doing here to begin with. BYE!!!!!
Sad. Really a lack of reading comprehension.
I’ll leave you alone. I promise. Do the same and everyone wins.

MoonRakerSCM

and sighs of relief were had world wide...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom