Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

Kerry_Courtney

I would love to see an addition to the Muppets area in Hollywood Studios just don't touch Muppet Vision 3D. It was the last thing that Jim Henson worked on before he passed away.

There are a lot of attractions that almost happened in the planning stages of Hollywood Studios that I would love to see actually happen. They definitely need a new attraction and I would love to see it based on a Pixar movie.

J03Y

No. Just no.

I have a much better idea...instead of more terrible singing shows, how about demoing that and the Sounds Dangerous theater and add a DARK RIDE!(the park needs more of them badly)

i do like that idea, but to what? i just don't know what can be so epic that it would need a dark ride to intensify its awesomeness. and it's Hollywood Studios, music is just a part of Hollywood as non-musical arts are

J03Y

What about turning that building into a Broadway type show? I'm sure someone at Disney could write a 30 minute Broadway-esque play combining music of the past & today. Kinda like a mini Moulin Rouge (even though I couldn't stand that movie). Would they be able to update the facade of the building to make it blend in with the street feel & almost blend it in with the Chinese Theatre? Of course I guess that would all be hinging on the removal of the BAH. :/

that's... actually not a bad idea. and sort of make it a history of the musical sort of thing too. i think Hollywood Studios has a bit too many thrills and less of the historic aspect to it that makes the Disney parks so unique, you learn while also having some fun. and your idea sort of has that aspect to it

IWant2GoNow

that's... actually not a bad idea. and sort of make it a history of the musical sort of thing too. i think Hollywood Studios has a bit too many thrills and less of the historic aspect to it that makes the Disney parks so unique, you learn while also having some fun. and your idea sort of has that aspect to it
Thanks. I'm definitely not a person who really enjoys musicals or shows, but if the "glitz & glamour" is what they are still after & they don't want to lose a show for a ride, then I think this is the route they should go. But that's just MHO & I know others would rather take that whole building & put a ride there, which would be fine also, I just don't know what would go there.

WEDway1975

If HWS get's a new Muppet area and a expanded PIxar Place with a new Pizza Plant (To make it look like it does in the movie),a Monster Inc. roller coaster,a Ratatouille restaurant,with a Incredibles or WALL-E dark ride, and a UP ride like Soarin' I will pay for everyone on this forum to go to WDW and I wIll rent out the whole Magic Kingdom for a party to celebrate that TDO actually made a good decision for once!!
furious.gif

party.gif
Yeah I think I'm overreacting.:D lol​
P.S. I am joking about paying for everyone to go to WDW if this happens (Which it won't but just in case) and I am not renting out the whole Magic Kingdom.(But I wish I could that would be so cool!)​

koryadams

To me, I think Cars Land should be authentic to Disneyland only! Hollywood Studios should get something bigger with more than just one theme...Pixar Land would be good, but they already put Toy Story Mania in an area that can't be expanded...could it? Brave should go to Animal Kingdom! All I know is HS needs something!!

kaelynj1s

Carsland should stay at DCA, in my opinion. Someone suggested earlier that we could get a smaller version of it in place of BLT. Carsland is absolutely stunning the way it is and a smaller version wouldn't do it justice.

RSoxNo1

It isn't happening right now and it can't go in there (even if some basic prep work was done in 2008!) as that building is being used for something so top secret I can't even imagine what Disney will think of NEXT to impress today's GEN.
They have a million monkeys with a million cell phones all trying to reserve Fastpasses at the same time.

- Finish the Monsters Inc miniland
- Move the Laugh Floor to Pixar Place
- Add a Monsters Inc coaster or dark ride
-
"Finish the Monsters Inc miniland?" Are you counting a single facade/bridge structure as a Miniland? I think that should say, “Start a Monsters Inc Mini Land

Turtle

I agree with all of this, you have some great ideas. My main irk with the park is that massive hat, hopefully they'll get rid of it soon.

Maybe (I haven't putten much thought into this icon) but the new park icon could be a massive mountain with the Hollywood Sign where the hat and the Chinese theater is now. And The Great Movie Ride would be inside the Hollywood sign.

Turtle

No
i saw someone post what they thought a revamped Hollywood Studios should be, so i figured what the heck?

Hollywood Boulevard:
1. The Great Movie Ride - a revamped version of a classic attraction, venturing into the past to see the breakthroughs in film, the classics everyone adores and modern-day definitions of the movie, including some digital animation hits like 'Toy Story'.
2. 'Glee'-k Out! Street Show - sing some of your favorite songs from Journey to Madonna, as well as your favorite Disney songs, along with Disney Hollywood Studio's very own Glee cast and become the star of the spotlight in a street show inspired by FOX's 'Glee'.

Echo Lake:
1. The WIPEOUT Course - based on the show 'WIPEOUT', have some fun running this challenging obstacle course and see how far you can make before you fall! (replace American Idol)
2. Sounds Dangerous (Starring Steve Carrell) - a hilarious show that shows you what it's like to just hear the sounds of things going out of control...with the lights out!
3. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular - come and see all the action and drama that went into George Lucas's famous movie 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'!
4. Star Tours Republic Adventures: help the Republic end the Sith's battles.
DINING
* Mos Eisley Cantina - get some out of this world food options from this little bar off the desert in Tatooine. (replace Backlot Express and enlarge its area)

Streets of America:
1. Muppet Vision 3D - Watch your favorite Muppets go bonkers as they usually do, but this time see them in real-d 3D.
2. The NEW Studio Backlot Tour - get a new glimpse of a new backlot tour and a behind the scenes look at action and stunts in your face. (encompasses 'Lights, Motors, Action' in, as well as earthquakes and natural disasters in films and bombs and explosions, as well as more scenic sets than most) [replaces most of 'Lights, Motors, Action]
3. Madame Tussaud's at Walt Disney World Resort - Madame Tussaud's is the most famous wax museum of all time, and you've got free VIP access to it just by buying tickets to Disney's Hollywood Studios! and not only will you get to see the famous celebrities and political figures of our time in a breathtakingly life-like wax form, but you'll also get to see some Disney fame as well, almost as if they're really there. also, you can go behind the scenes of how this amazing franchise makes these wax busts. (fills new space and replaces an old restaurant)
DINING
* Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
* ABC Commissary
* Comic King Dine-In - a two-story comic book store and restaurant themed Marvel. (replace current Pizza Planet)

Pixar Place:
1. Monsters Inc., the Dark Ride - help Sully and Mike get Boo back to her door before all of Monstropolis gets her, most importantly Randall. (replaces Journey To Narnia)
2. Toy Story Mania - blast your way through carnival-styled toy fun and compete against your friends.
3. Crush's Coaster - this Hollywood Studio's take on the Paris success swims you through the EAC in a pulse-pumping roller coaster on the back of a turtle shell. (takes new space)
4. Radiator Springs Race Track - race against your friends and family in this race track that you can zoom in through Route 66, Radiator Springs and to the California Piston Cup! Cars featured include all your favorite four-wheel drives like Lightning McQueen, Mator and Hudson Hornet. (replaces Studio Backlot Tour's current location)
5. A Bug's Life-sized Set - all kids come and play in a couple scenes from Pixar's 'A Bug's Life', which include the Ant Colony and Bug City. (replaces Honey I Shrunk The Kids)
DINING
* Pizza Planet - a huge arcade and pizzeria, for the kids inside you! (takes residence across from Toy Story Mania)
* Cafe Ratatouille - five-star dining awaits you in this divine recreation of Chef Remy's famous gourmet restaurant, where you might even be able to be greeted by the talented rat-chef himself before your meal! (takes new space across from Radiator Springs)
* Buy-N-Large Snack Dock - Walle-E's set up shop nearby and figured some guests would want to have a little snack while they're on the road. (in the same area as Bug's Life set)
MEET AND GREET
* Pixar Place Sketch Greetings - stop by if you want to see your favorite Pixar characters and take pictures with them. Schedules for certain characters would be listed. (takes new space next to Radiator Springs)

Cartoon Courtyard:
1. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse LIVE - what's Mickey and the gang up to today? who knows! everyday is a new adventure when you visit this fun house based on the Disney Junior show (replaces Disney Junior)
2a. The Magic of Disney Animation - this neat show takes you behind the scenes of creating a new Disney animated cartoon, both hand-drawn and digitally-made!
2b. The World of Disney - this state-of-the-art breakthrough continuous ride will take you on a collision course journey throughout the worlds of all your favorite Disney and Pixar movies, but be careful to not get the Villains on your tail! (a new line and building inside Disney Animation)
3. Animagique -
Let Donald be your guide in Hollywood Studio's version Disneyland Paris' colourful journey through Disney history. (replaces Voyage of the Little Mermaid)

Sunset Boulevard:
1. Beauty and the Beast LIVE! - watch this rendition of Disney's most beloved musical of all time and sing along with Belle and everyone else to the songs we all know and love.
2. Fantasmic! - this revamped version of a Disney World classic takes you inside Mickey's dreams, but exposes you to the nightmares the Villains try to force on our loveable mouse!
3. Tower of Terror - plummet 13 stories down a haunted elevator shaft possessed by the ghosts of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
4. The Rockin' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith - go from 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds in this high-speed roller coaster ride to a whole new level of awesomeness!

No. You aren't putting anything new into the idea, you're keeping the 'park' as the same old thing with more clustered up ideas. This new "Hollywood Studios" thread is to make it more like a park rather than just show we're trying to add in rides and not more shows. Plus the main thing is to remove the backlot.

WEDway1975

A few weeks ago I posted a theard about ideas for HWS.
Here's a link to it.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/ideas-for-hws.839135//

Here's what I wrote.

Here's some ideas for a new Hollywood Studios.
  • First on my list is remove the ugly hat in front of TGMR. :D
  • Updated TGMR with newer movies.
  • Close down AI and combined this space and the space of Sounds Dangerous and make a new ride.
  • Either close down Indiana Jones and make a new Indiana Jones roller coaster or updated the show.
  • Updated Muppet 3D.
  • Expand the Pixar Place by destroying the Backlot Tour and re-theme the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground to Bug's Life.
  • To me the expanded Pixar Place should include an Monster Inc roller coaster, Incredibles dark ride, and Ratatouille themed restaurant.
  • Keep Sunset Boulevard the same except updated Fantasmic to Fantasmic 2.0.
  • Keep or destroy Lights, Motors, Action.
  • I guess keep Animation Courtyard the same????

Rather than incurring the expense of CarsLand v2, I'd really like to see TDO design a Indy Speedway-type attraction where kids and families can drive cars through different countries (like the International Grand Prix of Cars 2). It would take up a bit of the space of what is currently the Backlot Tour, and fit perfectly with the sets of LMA. Costuming, etc. could remain and the outside of the building "skinned" to look like the buildings of other countries.

Also, because this would be the same type of thing as the Indy Speedway, the Indy Speedway at MK could be closed and that massive plot of land could be used for something else.

I can dig that. They could even use a newer non polluting technology in the cars. (if there is such a thing lol)
Great ideas though.

El Grupo

Just watched the NBC Today Show coverage of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem at Universal. Mike West, who was with with Disney for 25 years (most recently as Sr. Show Producer at WDI) apparently headed up work on the new attraction.

I'm excited to see more attractions available in Orlando. However, I can't help but get just a bit frustrated with Disney when I see USO introduce something. Even if it involves repurposing existing attractions, it gives the appearance that Universal is quickly moving ahead. Disney could be doing the same at DHS, especially in the space beside TSMM and the former Sounds Dangerous show building.

Beholder

Just watched the NBC Today Show coverage of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem at Universal. Mike West, who was with with Disney for 25 years (most recently as Sr. Show Producer at WDI) apparently headed up work on the new attraction.

I'm excited to see more attractions available in Orlando. However, I can't help but get just a bit frustrated with Disney when I see USO introduce something. Even if it involves repurposing existing attractions, it gives the appearance that Universal is quickly moving ahead. Disney could be doing the same at DHS, especially in the space beside TSMM and the former Sounds Dangerous show building.

Beholder

Sorry, first time poster. Don't laugh to hard. I like the idea of taking out Backlot and expanding Pixar. Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, and Wall-E would make great editions. It would be nice if Disney/Lucas would come together and expand what they have into something more immersive, such as dining, Streetmasphere (is that right? Do they still that?) and I would absolutely love to see more Golden Age/Silver Age Hollywood represented. It's what I tend to think of when I imagine "a Hollywood that never was..."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can't wait - when should we start to hear about these things? Have Universal got any events lines up for when things could start to be announced?
No idea. I was told the first "bigger" thing should start quite soon but I have no timeframe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom