Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

The Duck

I never saw that at the Theater Of The Stars. When Belle gets back to the castle, Gaston stabs Beast and then runs offstage. Could you be thinking of Broadway, Disney On Ice, or the Backlot Theater when Sunset Blvd was being built? I think Martin has a video of that somewhere.
Hmmm... It may have been Disney on Ice but that was well over 20 years ago.

tman2000

Well, just for completion sake:

I think they'll change it to PIXAR Hollywood Studios.

It will retain the Hollywood theme, to keep Tower of Terror, Muppets, etc. but everything else will be themed PIXAR. It will be *the* PIXAR park, making it very easy for tourists to "get" what it's all about and have a reason to go there.

Now now, where will the Star Wars presence go? I predict... where Tomorrowland is. I predict Disney will want a solid "boy" complement to the "girl" fantasyland (with frontier and adventure being gender neutral). I also think that this would support a move for Star Wars as a franchise away from "movie magic" as a theme, to "fantasy magic". So, Star Wars won't be associated with film anymore, but will be treated as a full blown space fantasy (multi-media).

And my main evidence for this move is that I think we're seeing rumblings of Burbank stepping in to save both Tomorrowland and Future World by consolidating them - moving TL - to EPCOT. That's the point of the new movie, why it was ordered.

In any event, if Star Wars left DHS, it would leave room for PIXAR to fill in all the holes. If Backlot Express, LMA, Echo Lake area, Star Tours, and Indy all go - all that room could be for PIXAR. And PIXAR could definitely support it, especially with those awful rides from Paris Studios (hopefully not). Monsters Inc. coaster, CARS land, UP! ride, Inside Out, Bug's Life play area, etc. etc.

So, I'm predicting "PIXAR Hollywood Studios".

Maybe the Chinese theatre will be decorated for whichever is the newest PIXAR film to come out. Hmm...

cosmicray

Tomorrowland just being axed and Star Wars taking over would be fine by me.

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom