Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

doctornick

ETA- I think they should open TSPL yesterday. The day the extra TSMM track opens, TSPL should open up next to it. I hope this is the plan.

Yeah. I would hope the actual rides are actually being built off site somewhere. There's no reason it couldn't or shouldn't be up and running in 2016 in the same timeframe of the TSMM expansion opening.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Yeah. I would hope the actual rides are actually being built off site somewhere. There's no reason it couldn't or shouldn't be up and running in 2016 in the same timeframe of the TSMM expansion opening.

Well... I am sure they can get the Carney rides a few months before opening... Most of the Giant Toys in the area can be craned and placed in a day or two.

Intamin probably has everything sitting around for RC Racer... Some themeing and it's good to go...
Intamin also makes the Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin... Throw some Lincoln Logs and a giant box theme together there...
Intamin makes the lovely Toy Soldier Parachute Drop... Again, more themeing elements and you are done....

Maybe we should call this, "Intamin Carnival Ride themed to Toy Story Playland". It seems kind of long though.

The pseudo parachute drop seems to get deployed in nearly all Disney parks now....

It's hard to get excited for these things being permanent attractions since there are plenty of spinners and carnival rides in Disney and throughout the Orlando area. Off the shelf rides are disappointing in so many ways. This is a constant discussion...

*1023*

Shaman

Well... I am sure they can get the Carney rides a few months before opening... Most of the Giant Toys in the area can be craned and placed in a day or two.

Intamin probably has everything sitting around for RC Racer... Some themeing and it's good to go...
Intamin also makes the Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin... Throw some Lincoln Logs and a giant box theme together there...
Intamin makes the lovely Toy Soldier Parachute Drop... Again, more themeing elements and you are done....

Maybe we should call this, "Intamin Carnival Ride themed to Toy Story Playland". It seems kind of long though.

The pseudo parachute drop seems to get deployed in nearly all Disney parks now....

It's hard to get excited for these things being permanent attractions since there are plenty of spinners and carnival rides in Disney and throughout the Orlando area. Off the shelf rides are disappointing in so many ways. This is a constant discussion...

*1023*

I agree, but DHS can use all the help it can get at this point.

AEfx

Jeebus...I keep hoping for more, but why do I have a feeling part of Star Wars land is going to be a competing Dumbo-like spinner with TIE's and X-Wings that go pew pew.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
@Christian Fronckowiak is likely correct- but that's what I'm hoping TSPL can do. Satisfy that urge (and need, really) for kiddie rides in DHS so that Star Wars won't feel the need to include any.

Every time I comment on DHS I get kind of mad. Freakin TWDC... :)

Well you've now turned me around on the off the shelf junk for kids if it means an amazing and inspired Star Wars Land. That is the only good reasoning I've seen to keep the kid stuff bargain basement carney stuff...

*1023*

Daveeeeed

This seems the most likely of anything.

I'm guessing there will be mention of the word "studio" anywhere to be found.
Disney's Hollywood Adventure is a good idea, but is confusing since it's in Orlando, and not in California like DCA, and not to mention IOA as well. It is a great name, but unless they can come up with an epic logo it might be hard to "identify it's true identity" once it receives one (an identity.)

Daveeeeed

I'd hope not, I'm a lil upset about the rumor including the RC Racer ride from HK. I would hope that there is some type of thrill ride in the same vain as 7DMT.
i hope so badly that they do not include the army parachutes, and slinkydog spin; I think though that a double RC Racer would work very well as long as it goes a long with at least one other Pixar eticket, and for sure another smaller attraction, but maybe not so "carnival like" like RC Racer.

Daveeeeed

@Christian Fronckowiak is likely correct- but that's what I'm hoping TSPL can do. Satisfy that urge (and need, really) for kiddie rides in DHS so that Star Wars won't feel the need to include any.

Every time I comment on DHS I get kind of mad. Freakin TWDC... :)
What needs to happen is not TSPL, because I've seen it and all of the rides besides RC RACER sucked, and this is even from a 9 year olds' perspective (My younger brother at the time) They need to add like a smaller capacity dark ride, as well as maybe a very high capacity omnimover, or maybe even a boat ride although even a figment type ride system could work. That would cover the 7 and under while also delivering a fun experience for people of all ages along with the Speed Bike type Soarin' take on Star Wars for kids higher than maybe 3 inches, or so.

polynesiangirl

Ride the IP's!™

I literally laughed out loud at this. Just picturing the billboards all along the interstate on your way towards WDW with this slogan.

These days some of their decisions have been so uninspired, though, I'm guessing the name will end up being something like Disney's Third WDW Theme Park Property (Official Name coming Spring 2024!)

mahnamahna101

They, surprisingly, have more capacity than you think. For example, in Paris-
RC Racer- 750~800 guests/hour (9,000-9,600/day)
Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin- 1530 guests/hour (18,360/day)
Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop- 1440 guests/hour (17,280)

While their Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic offers 2016 guests/hour. (24,192/day)
LMA has capacity of 5,000/show- which it never fills- but that would be 15,000 for their 3 daily shows.

So based on a 12 hr day- TSPL offers capacity of 45,240 guests a day, while the current LMA is only 15,000- but with the old tour was 39,192 guests/day.
If you actually did 4 tracks of RC Racer (which is kind of nuts- 2 would be plenty)- that's an additional 28,800- which almost doubles the capacity of the former LMA + BLT.

Again- thats just TSPL. TSPL cost less than $80 million too. Why it hasn't been built yet, I have no idea.

Lets pretend your cars dark ride is on par with fantasyland's little mermaid which daily capacity is 27,720. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is 7,560. Laugh Floor has a daily capacity of 12,600. And 7DMT (your door coaster equivalent) is 20,790. And I'm not including moving Finding Nemo- which you added in your following post.

So with a clone of TSPL, A Cars Dark ride, Laugh Floor Relocate, Mater's, and a D door coaster- your capacity skyrockets from 39,192 (really, 15,000 because BLT doesnt exist anymore) to 86,190. Thats just the attractions- not even including the restaurants or shops.
4 flat rides, 2 restaurants (1 of which is simply rethemed i'd assume), 1 show (not even 2), and 2 new rides would be huge. If we see that much in one reveal, I'll be completely shocked. Have they ever revealed so much in one time? Even Avatar isn't going to have near that amount 2 new rides and maybe a restaurant. Hell- did Animal Kingdom even have that much in 98? :)

So like I originally said, I'd be thrilled. And yes, it would be amazing.

ETA- I think they should open TSPL yesterday. The day the extra TSMM track opens, TSPL should open up next to it. I hope this is the plan.
And any door coaster should be 42" or smaller.
Wow! I definitely support all of that over LMA/Backlot Tour. Although if you're not going to do 4 tracks for RC Racers, I'd move the Finding Nemo musical over to DHS. It's a people-eater with a small footprint and unlike DinoLand, Pixar Place is an appropriate area for this.

DHS really could use all of that to back up Star Wars Land and a possible GMR upgrade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom