Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

lazyboy97o

I actually responded to Lance about the Marvel rights part pointing him to the actual contract. In his response he claimed the agreement on the SEC web site is not the final one and there may be a later one with different term. I am skeptical that this is the case.
It is amazing how often that idea is brought up when people are caught peddling nonsense. Universal City partners (the Universal-Blackstone partnership) filed its own SEC documents and the Marvel Agreement was routinely included in those filings.

And the biggest proof of all... the date of the signing along with the names of those who signed! Who signs a draft?

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Ohhhhhh? That's not good. I hate to say bob iger is probably not even thinking about Indiana jones; not until the new rebooted series starts. At least Steven Spielberg will be back directing it. Just don't know if Harrison will return. Once a fifth indy film is made you can guarantee on a new attraction...but yea Star Wars attractions will come first of course. If IJ show is still popular it might stick around right where it's at. Idk. Due to Harrison's nasty plane crash which thankfully he's recovering from slowly but good...,,his chances of coming back as indy is not very high; looking at his age too.
Supposedly, Harrison Ford only agreed on returning to Star Wars if he could afterwards do a "proper ending" film for Indiana Jones

roj2323

Supposedly, Harrison Ford only agreed on returning to Star Wars if he could afterwards do a "proper ending" film for Indiana Jones

This needs to happen. The reality is the franchise needs to be relaunched but the best way to do it is to respect the original by passing the job down to Indiana Jones son. Basically Harrison would do one more film where Indy's son is introduced and they go on an adventure together before harrison dies. This originally was supposed to be Shia Labeouf, whom I think could do a great job if he respected the franchise and the public didn't overwhelmingly think he was a joke but the reality is they will choose someone else (another unknown son perhaps). There are a few good options so time will tell.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...ey-cooper-to-star-in-new-indiana-jones-movies

Last edited:

DC0703

This needs to happen. The reality is the franchise needs to be relaunched but the best way to do it is to respect the original by passing the job down to Indiana Jones son. Basically Harrison would do one more film where Indy's son is introduced and they go on an adventure together before harrison dies. This originally was supposed to be Shia Labeouf, whom I think could do a great job if he respected the franchise and the public didn't overwhelmingly think he was a joke but the reality is they will choose someone else (another unknown son perhaps). There are a few good options so time will tell.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...ey-cooper-to-star-in-new-indiana-jones-movies

Honestly, I can't see Disney buying the 'passing the torch' idea. It would mean they spent all the money to have rights to future movies... and those movies wouldn't even feature Indiana Jones.

Personally, I'd rather they recast. I love the IJ movies and have always been a fan of Harrison Ford, but I would prefer more movies in the classic '30s/'40s time period. A son-of-Indiana movie taken place in modern times would lose a lot of the magic of the original movies.

IowaHawks7

Today Disney announced that Tangled the Musical will be presented Live onboard the Disney Magic beginning in November. Could this be a trial for a show to be place at DHS? I remember the rumor not too long ago of a Tangled show replacing either BatB or LM so it just makes me wonder if this is a trial to how it responds with audiences?

Cesar R M

Today Disney announced that Tangled the Musical will be presented Live onboard the Disney Magic beginning in November. Could this be a trial for a show to be place at DHS? I remember the rumor not too long ago of a Tangled show replacing either BatB or LM so it just makes me wonder if this is a trial to how it responds with audiences?
And here I was thinking the show to replace the Beauty and the Beast was gonna be Hunchback of Notre Dame.

As others said, the Tangled seems to be for DCL only.

doctornick

Thanks for the news. To answer your question- I don't think it has any bearing. They've done the Golden Mickeys for years on the cruise line- is there a more appropriate/themed show than that to replace BatB?

But, ya never know :)
Well, they do have a Golden Mickeys show in HKDL. And I think it started on the cruise line first before going into the park....

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
What do you mean, how would indy be gone? Since it is obviously a guess I would say to expand Star Wars they would not move Star Tours so expand forward and right which would take over indy and the show buildings up to the old American Idol building. As for Marvel it is one of Disney's biggest money makers it is a necessity in the park especially to drive children to actually want to go to DHS.
A little birdy with a castmember pin told me Indy is certainly shutting down to expand Star Wars Land!

cookiee_munster

I'm on the fence with shows replacing shows...

isn't the park trying to free its self of this kind of stuff???

i know its a little different to the whole "how movies are made" kind of thing that the park are trying to leave behind... but still.

Cesar R M

A little birdy with a castmember pin told me Indy is certainly shutting down to expand Star Wars Land!
hopefully not soon.
I'm sick of DHS having less and less and less and barely anything new there.

at this rate, all the streets of america area will be shutdown and only hollywood avenue will have stuff to do.

doctornick

I'm on the fence with shows replacing shows...

isn't the park trying to free its self of this kind of stuff???

i know its a little different to the whole "how movies are made" kind of thing that the park are trying to leave behind... but still.

I think some shows are good, especially in a part based on entertainment. But DHS has historically had too many shows or at least too great a percentage of its attractions be shows. IMHO.

roj2323

If it came from a cast member then it's very un-reliable information.
As former cast I agree. The fact of the matter is they get their information from the same sources we do (sites like this one) but then it goes though 15 or 20 cast members and the story evolves as it get passed from person to person. Some sources can be trusted (usually upper management or off stage cast) but even then on stage managers "leaders" don't usually know much more than anyone else until about a week before an announcement is made. Even then, the managers just know something is happening or being announced but they aren't privy to specifics.

RSoxNo1

I'm guessing they have to add capacity before they close down Indy or Lights Motors Action. I wouldn't expect either to close until Toy Story Midway Mania has it's third track, and possibly Toy Story Playland (or some variant) opens.

Animaniac93-98

I see the Disney Magic is getting a Tangled show this year with three new songs by Alan Menken. Is this the show that was supposed to replace Beatuty and the Beast: Live on Stage (or related to it)?

roj2323

I see the Disney Magic is getting a Tangled show this year with three new songs by Alan Menken. Is this the show that was supposed to replace Beatuty and the Beast: Live on Stage (or related to it)?
Beauty and the beast still pulls in large crowds for every showing. The theater is usually at 80-90% of capacity year round. During the holidays and other peak times they regularly run out of room. With the show still being that popular I have no idea why they would replace it. Heck I'm a 30+ guy and it's one of my favorite shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom