Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Homer fan

So i was listening to the Dis unplugged podcast this morning and one of the hosts said they heard from a very good source that Cars Land will take over the former backlot area. Now i have also heard from many people on this site, that Toy Story playand is all but guaranteed in that spot. Does anyone know how reliable the Dis unplugged guys have been in the past with this sort of information?

doctornick

So i was listening to the Dis unplugged podcast this morning and one of the hosts said they heard from a very good source that Cars Land will take over the former backlot area. Now i have also heard from many people on this site, that Toy Story playand is all but guaranteed in that spot. Does anyone know how reliable the Dis unplugged guys have been in the past with this sort of information?

The area in question (especially if LMA is being included as part of the backlot) is huge and could easily fit both and east coast Cars Land and TSPL. The footprint for TSPL is likely to be kinda small.

imagineer boy

Maybe instead of using the words "Hollywood" or "studios" maybe they could or should work in the words relating to "films" or "cinema." I know "Cinemagic" is a little trite and used by other things but maybe something along the lines of that?

dizneycrazy09

When I was at MGM, the Studios, whatever you want to call it a few weeks ago, I felt like "Hollywoodland" was purposefully and abundantly displayed and casually mentioned more times than I can recall in the 20 years that I've been going to WDW. Having said that, I'm not quite sure if the mentions were always there and I was more aware of the phrase this time due to the impending name change, or if "Hollywoodland" was in actuality thrown around more in order for guests to start getting used to hearing the name. Just my two cents...

MaxW

idk if they would put cars-land in Hollywood without radiator springs racers, as its the anchor attraction. But i doubt they will build radiator springs since its east coast equivalent is in Epcot. But i'd love cars land, including radiator springs racers.

chiefs11

I don't get when people say they can't build RSR in DHS because Epcot has TestTrack. They may use the same ride system, but they appear to be very different rides. (I've not been on RSR, only seen ride-through vids) It's like saying they can't build a roller coaster because there already is one. Or they can't have more then one boat ride. I mean, MK has two mine train ride coasters!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
idk if they would put cars-land in Hollywood without radiator springs racers, as its the anchor attraction. But i doubt they will build radiator springs since its east coast equivalent is in Epcot. But i'd love cars land, including radiator springs racers.

They put Star Tours in DHS and Body Wars in Epcot and these have the exact same ride system, so I doubt that would be a concern for RSR. Anyone who has ridden both knows that they are very different rides.

erasure fan1

I don't get when people say they can't build RSR in DHS because Epcot has TestTrack. They may use the same ride system, but they appear to be very different rides. (I've not been on RSR, only seen ride-through vids)
They are pretty similar even with the different theme but I do believe they could co-exist in the 2 parks. What I would rather see is them come up with something new for test track (an all new ride and system) and then bring radiator springs racers to the studios. I know it has almost no chance of happening but that would be my ideal situation.

MaxW

idk, it just seems too similiar. radiator springs feels as though it was made to be a west coast equivelent to test track. Thats why i think disney wouldnt want to spend so much money on a "similiar ride." But personally i hope i'm wrong and they build it! I'd love to ride RSR in hollywoodland! but as asked earlier, can we trust the validity of the rumor from dis unplugged?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
idk, it just seems too similiar. radiator springs feels as though it was made to be a west coast equivelent to test track. Thats why i think disney wouldnt want to spend so much money on a "similiar ride." But personally i hope i'm wrong and they build it! I'd love to ride RSR in hollywoodland! but as asked earlier, can we trust the validity of the rumor from dis unplugged?

I have ridden both and they are quite different. There may be other reasons for not bringing RSR to DHS, but I don't think that is one of them. If they have no problem cloning rides between parks, they won't have a problem with similar rides. As for DIS, I like their podcast, but rumors are not their strong point.

ULPO46

Over the past few days I have been thinking about what some people had mentioned about Disney wanting to remove a majority of what the Movie Studio concept envisions. Wouldn't they have to remove the Disney Junior show and the Rest of Animation Courtyard? Also, there are very per siting rumors that have somewhat been qualified by some at Disney that the ride once called the Backlot Tour, will become an attraction/ land based on Pixar. How ever it was not mentioned whether it will be CarsLand, I kind of wish it be a more original Florida only ride and not a copy of the highly successful Disneyland Resort Ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom