Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

WorldKey

If they go this route, it will be a bigger re theme that DCA because all the Hollywood stuff would have to be redone as well as add attractions and such. Like idea but don't think it'll happen

There is plenty of 'Hollywood' stuff at Disney's California Adventure (of course because it's in California)....but just because the name doesn't say 'Hollywood' or 'Studios', etc. does not mean the park can't contain things related to showbusiness. I'm thinking that they want to go to something as generic as possible to stop pigeon-holeing the park into a specific theme. I would also bet on 'Disney's Florida Adventure' or something else less specific of 'Hollywood' which would allow them to add just about anything in the future....

dstrawn9889

yup they have no problem cloning ride vehicles and tracks... just overlay the different show scenes
dino-indy_zpspdew8uym.png

Last edited:

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
There is plenty of 'Hollywood' stuff at Disney's California Adventure (of course because it's in California)....but just because the name doesn't say 'Hollywood' or 'Studios', etc. does not mean the park can't contain things related to showbusiness. I'm thinking that they want to go to something as generic as possible to stop pigeon-holeing the park into a specific theme. I would also bet on 'Disney's Florida Adventure' or something else less specific of 'Hollywood' which would allow them to add just about anything in the future....

I know what you're saying but Florida doesn't have anything to do with the Hollywood landmarks. Now if it was a something with a more generic tie-in to movies / film or adventure that would work. But I think the moment the name Florida goes in the title all the CA landmarks would need to go.

ToTBellHop

The only reasons to give us a different Cars attraction would be to somehow save money (enclose it to avoid all the rock work) and/or avoid having another ride in the park with a height requirement since the Star Wars E-Ticket, whatever it is, almost certainly will have a height requirement, as will RC Racer. This park can't afford to have a huge remodel that results in one or two flat rides that everyone can go on along with a couple more thrill rides and a (presumably) pair of half-pipe coasters. It needs another family friendly E-ticket (and that needs to have the capacity to make up for the loss of the BLT).

Fox&Hound

idk if they would put cars-land in Hollywood without radiator springs racers, as its the anchor attraction. But i doubt they will build radiator springs since its east coast equivalent is in Epcot. But i'd love cars land, including radiator springs racers.

I've ridden both and I can tell you there is no comparison. They don't even feel like the same ride. RSR is by far the better of the two rides. I think a lot of the heart of test track was lost when they rethemed it to "tron glow in the dark" and RSR has heart all over it. Thrilling and endearing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom