Disney's biggest mistake at WDW

Disney's biggest mistake

• Placement of the Swan and Dolphin behind World Showcase ruining the view

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • The new JIYI

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Placement of the speedway. Car noise can be heard from the Poly to the Camp ground

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Other

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters

The Mom

Premium Member
Putting up "gift shops" every 10 feet in EPCOT! Does anyone remember the days when it was easy to walk around WS, even with a stroller? Once upon a time, they even had double decker buses driving around! (They were moved to MK,I rode one the last time I was there)

M

Mr Lightbeer

The biggest mistake by Disney was allowing those Dopey cockney's with their whinging kids entrance to the parks.
Next time you're there and you see a child in tears stamping his/her feet ,ask them if they are from London and I guarentee they will be.Perhaps they'd rather be at the Dome? ;) I know we'd rather they were. :D :D :D

jay_london

Originally posted by Mr Lightbeer
The biggest mistake by Disney was allowing those Dopey cockney's with their whinging kids entrance to the parks.
Next time you're there and you see a child in tears stamping his/her feet ,ask them if they are from London and I guarentee they will be.Perhaps they'd rather be at the Dome? ;) I know we'd rather they were. :D :D :D

At least when Londoners are asked where they are from they reply in a polite and sober maner and don't scream'YOU TALKIN TO ME PAL' then wave their fists around in a drunken rage in an attempt to fight their way out of their ill fitting 'Motorhead' t'shirt. The other mistake was allowing Virgin and any other airline to fly out from Manchester or birmingham airports to Florida.

Apart from that jiyi was the biggest recent mistake

jay

markymark

Originally posted by jay_london

The other mistake was allowing Virgin and any other airline to fly out from Manchester or birmingham airports to Florida.

Apart from that jiyi was the biggest recent mistake

jay

Yeah but they still nick all the decent planes away from us and give them to you southern ponces! and leave us with some Icelandic tat.

Anyway, to answer the question, the biggest mistake for me is to reduce the opening hours of the MK, lets bring back 12.00am and 1.00 am closing times.

Oh yeah JIYI was a pretty big up too.

Tramp

My choice is not included in the poll...
A bad ride or two is NOT a BIG mistake...

I think Animal Kingdom was a big mistake....I'd like to see a profit and loss statement on all the parks and I'd bet AK is at the bottom...if not showing a loss. Don't get me wrong, I like the park...but it shows up on any poll here as dead last among the other parks in almost any category. And I think we, as WDW fanatics, are a pretty good barometer of the feeling of the general public. I hope the park gets a good enema soon, and the Imagineers come up with some way of pumping up the public.

And if you don't like that answer...I think Disneyland PARIS was a BIG mistake. Screw the French! I wonder if that park is turning as much of a profit as it turns the heads of the snooty citizens. They should've put the park in England where there's a sense of humor.

JAY-ROD

I think Animal Kingdom was a big mistake....I'd like to see a profit and loss statement on all the parks and I'd bet AK is at the bottom...if not showing a loss. Don't get me wrong, I like the park...but it shows up on any poll here as dead last among the other parks in almost any category. And I think we, as WDW fanatics, are a pretty good barometer of the feeling of the general public. I hope the park gets a good enema soon, and the Imagineers come up with some way of pumping up the public.

lol you must of felt better after u said all that :) hmm biggest mistake ever. hmm lets see : empty attractions, letting our good imagineers go overseas to help create the other new park. somehow getting rid of all the good animators. lets see another good mistake is letting Frank Wells go up in the helicopter. :-(

and to the animal kingdom comment I think it ranks 1st in the atmosphere. and when the other 3 parks open up did they come out with a bang or not? I dont know and was wondering if u did?

Seano846

Now Tramp, saying screw the French is not nice.Back in the big
war I once witnesses a frog sacrifice himself for his men by watching Jerry Lewis movies non-stop for 48hrs,he fell asleep and his beret and french fries were stolen.So a little compassion please.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Seano846
Now Tramp, saying screw the French is not nice.Back in the big
war I once witnesses a frog sacrifice himself for his men by watching Jerry Lewis movies non-stop for 48hrs,he fell asleep and his beret and french fries were stolen.So a little compassion please.

I think he had one to many to drink :)

sillyspook13

The biggest mistake to me is early opening days. I got to MGM right when it opened to the public, and the wait for RnRC was already up to an hour. The wait for Tower of Terror was 45 minutes.:eek:

Smee

Biggest new ride mistake- JIYI, hands down.

Biggest mistake retiring a ride (aside from Figment) - Horizon

But the biggest mistake of any category - THOSE DOUBLE WIDE STROLLERS for rent. Numerous times I observed people trying to push them into stores/eateries and down the main street sidewalks. Often there were no kids in them, people use them as shopping carts. The area outside Small World was jammed with them.

Biggest "ruin the view" mistake - the hat at MGM. I llke the Hat idea, but it just looks like a mass of blue at the end of H-Blvd.

Maybe when it's done, with lights and all, it will be better.

MrPromey

Someone commented on them getting rid of Horizons as being one of the biggest ride mistakes. Actually, having it in the first place may have been the mistake. The building had structural damage that could not have been repaired without gutting it, caused in part by experimental design and construction methods used. Had it been able to withstand the literal test of time we probably would have been seeing mission space over on the other side of future world in one of the two vacant areas on that side.
Some people have also commented on AK. It's a new park. Neither Epcot nor MGM were doing all that great the first few years when they opened. For that matter, neither was DLP. I think they have dragged their feet a little with expanding AK which is a mistake though.
The Swan/Dolphin were sure mistakes but were made by past management and were the result of a bad contractual agreement that they made for quick cash that they were later unable to back out of.
I think one of their biggest mistakes at WDW was JIYIM. The old ride had sagging attendance. Something did need to be done with it (like a referb and update) but the current ride is one of the newest attractions in all of WDW and also one of the least visited (much more so than the old one) and most complained about. It also got rid of the only character icon that Epcot had although you wouldn't know it from looking at all the figment merchandise they still sell.
I agree with someone else too about Main Street. I miss the penny arcade and magic shop. Now the entire left side is going to be one big store. It's World of Disney part 3 except you have to pay to get into it :(

I have to agree with Smee. The Hat in front of the Theater was a big mistake. It kills the view as you enter the park. I haven't seen it in person yet, so i'm hoping that it will be OK when they finish it. By the way, I heard rumors that they will move it after the "100 years" celebration. True or Not???????:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom