Disney's biggest mistake at WDW

Disney's biggest mistake

• Placement of the Swan and Dolphin behind World Showcase ruining the view

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • The new JIYI

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Placement of the speedway. Car noise can be heard from the Poly to the Camp ground

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Other

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters

luv

LOL :D Sorry. I had to laugh at that one. Not trying to rile you up here or anything, but no, we here are not a good barometer of the feeling of the general public. The general public is blissfully ignorant of most of the issues with Disney. They go, they buy, they ride, and they enjoy, never knowing what once was. We, the ones that have gone year after year, after year know what it used to be like and we know what needs fixing, or plussing. But we are a small fraction of the people that go to Disney. Therefore, we cannot be a good indicator of the general feel of the public.
This is a very old thread. I'm not sure why someone chose to bring it back. They didn't even post anything but an ellipsis.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a sticky on the Chit Chat board about the death of the poster you were replying to in your post.

MagicMike

The Hat in front of the Theater was a big mistake. It kills the view as you enter the park. I haven't seen it in person yet, so i'm hoping that it will be OK when they finish it. By the way, I heard rumors that they will move it after the "100 years" celebration.

I heard it was going to be the new icon for the park. I think it will stick aroundfor awhile.

These posts from 2001 are hilarious now!

In my opinion this (still)one of WDW's biggest mistakes. The original concept, design, and layout of the park were all compromised by this one singular addition.

Patricia Melton

I will have to say that one of their biggest (in my own personal opinion) is the big blue safety cone in DHS. WTH is that thing still doing there? Blocking the view of the theater for copyright infringement? I doubt that. If that was the case then Disney could easily have changed the outside of the theater for nearly the same cost as that flippin hat. :rolleyes: Get rid of the eye sore, and change the theater exterior if need be. Bring back the Earful Tower as the icon.

It's an urban myth that blocking the view of Mann's Chinese Theater has anything to do with the giant bounce house in the middle of DHS. This has been debunked on other threads.

The real reason I think it's there is that the executive who spearheaded this giant bounce house must still be at TDO and there has not been an executive installed yet above him who hates it. I think it's only remaining because someone is telling Disney that it would be an extraneous cost to rip it down when they don't have anything else to put there. And so it stays, and will stay until the cost to refurbish it is more than the cost to dismantle it.

Patricia Melton

This is a very old thread. I'm not sure why someone chose to bring it back. They didn't even post anything but an ellipsis.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a sticky on the Chit Chat board about the death of the poster you were replying to in your post.

Maybe someone brought it back because it was started eleven years ago so we can now see what a difference there is today?

G00fyDad

Wow. I never actually looked at the date. LOL

DisneyJunkie

I was tempted to vote for JIYI, but I think there are a few other mistakes that are a touch worse: not going ahead with Beastly Kingdom, not replacing Wonders of Life with something better and just letting it sit there, not having more rides in World Showcase, the location of the hat in Hollywood Studios, etc.....

Britt

Oh wow! It's funny to read the replies from 2001, about the hat...now it's one of those icons. lol

And Animal Kindgdom is probably my favorite park, so I can't see that being a mistake.

I will agree about the shopping.....almost every ride, every location in world show case, all down main street, it's all gift shops!

Cmdr_Crimson

images

jlevis

Free dining. The end result has been a lower quality across the parks and a homogenized menu. There are still some great places to eat but they are fewer and fewer in the parks.

Californian Elitist

Disney Parks crap? Can you give an example?

For example WDW and Disneyland don't have their own, indvidual items, like cups and even the souvenirs. The same thing can be found on both coasts, the name just changes. That sucks. Recently the Peter Pan hats have been discontinued at Disneyland because they weren't really selling at WDW, which SUCKS. This "One Disney" needs to go, ASAP.

SoupBone

For example WDW and Disneyland don't have their own, indvidual items, like cups and even the souvenirs. The same thing can be found on both coasts, the name just changes. That sucks. Recently the Peter Pan hats have been discontinued at Disneyland because they weren't really selling at WDW, which SUCKS. This "One Disney" needs to go, ASAP.

Ohhhh I emphatically agree with this. I've always loved unique Disney items associated with the various rides and attractions. Just like my post about the D23 shirt. I wish there were more unique items like that.

rob0519

What we see as mistakes, Disney sees as profit. My top two mistakes would be free dining and the super expansion of DVC at the CR and the GF. Both boosted attendance and more than likely profits through the roof. It led to overcrowding in the parks, difficulty in getting ADRs and hotel reservations. It also seems to have decreased the quality of food in most restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom