DisneyPrincess5's January 2010 Trip Report!

Hi all :wave:

We returned from our amazing Walt Disney World trip on Saturday night and I can’t wait to share the details with all of you!

Quick recap and then let’s get into it!

Who: Me (Liz), 22 and my boyfriend (Ryan), 28

When: January 8-16, 2010

Where: The Polynesian

Come on everybody...here we gooo!

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Nice report, good read. Good pics. I hope you have more for the resort pic thread....cough cough. I love the way you bounce from park to park and seem to end up back at the MK. We could hang :lol: I have the same style and also end up at the MK. Shame the weather wasn't a bit more co-operative, but at least you were in WDW while the rest of us were slaving away at work. And you will LOVE WDW in May.
Thank you! Really looking forward to May! Everyone has positive thoughts on it.

Gucci65

Great trip report! You two make a very cute couple.

Thanks for posting about the segway tour, always wanted to do it but afraid of falling off :ROFLOL:

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Great trip report! You two make a very cute couple.

Thanks for posting about the segway tour, always wanted to do it but afraid of falling off :ROFLOL:
Thank you!

You should try the Segway Tour...it's awesome! I was nervous too at first but unless you REALLY don't handle it right, you won't fall off. Give it a shot!

gnuts0306

Thanks for sharing the details of your trip! So glad u were able to make the best of the weather...We will be heading out Feb 11-20 and hope it gets even warmer by then! Your pictures were great!

Mikester71

GREAT trip report and pictures...looks like you guys had a blast despite the arctic temperatures! :cool:

It's looking at wonderful trip reports like this that make the days go by quicker and get me excited for our next WDW vacation in March of 2011!!!:wave:

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing the details of your trip! So glad u were able to make the best of the weather...We will be heading out Feb 11-20 and hope it gets even warmer by then! Your pictures were great!
Thank you! Enjoy your trip! That sounds like a nice time to go.

GREAT trip report and pictures...looks like you guys had a blast despite the arctic temperatures! :cool:

It's looking at wonderful trip reports like this that make the days go by quicker and get me excited for our next WDW vacation in March of 2011!!!:wave:
Aw thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. Grr you'll be going again sooner than us! Happy planing.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Enjoyed your easy, breezy report, especially each "here are some pictures from the day"! Good thing you had your coats, and I'm glad it warmed up enough towards the end of your stay that you could take them off!

Liked the Yankee hat, too...CT can go either way! I guess if you go to SCSU, you must be south enough to be in Yankees territory rather than "that other team". :lol: (I'm not a hater, seriously :wave:)

May and October are our two favorite times to visit WDW. We've been going in May every year since 1996 to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and if you are worried about the heat, I would recommend making your trip before May 15. It's been my experience that the weather is absolutely perfect (hot, but not too hot, with very little rain) early in the month. The one time we went later in the month to accommodate another family member, I nearly wilted, and I can take a lot of heat!

We started adding a second annual trip in October 2000, after discovering the Food & Wine Festival. Unfortunately, this year we had to cut back to one trip, and forced to choose, we chose October. ;)

Congrats on nearing the completion of your degree, and have fun planning your 2011 trip!!

TakeMeThere81

Cool TR!! Really made me miss The World.

I can't believe how cold it was, you guys were REALLY bundled up!! ToT is my favorite too, you really can't ride it too many times. :lol:

Great trip report, thanks!:sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

:lol: Glad you're still enjoying us freezing to death...still can't get over it!

Girl, I'm not over it yet either. Seriously. That's one trip that has made a lasting impression on me. I now have a grudge against January at WDW. :lol:

I was so glad in Dec when highs were like 65 in the day!

Dude, you haven't lived until you've been a true living popsicle at WDW. I pray it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. :animwink:

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Girl, I'm not over it yet either. Seriously. That's one trip that has made a lasting impression on me. I now have a grudge against January at WDW. :lol:
Ugh you're telling me! Although of course what happened this past January was a fluke, we refuse to go back as we are scarred as well!

I see you're going back in like 2 months though-that'll be wonderful-a definite change in weather from January! Have a great time!

sweetpee_1993

Ugh you're telling me! Although of course what happened this past January was a fluke, we refuse to go back as we are scarred as well!

I see you're going back in like 2 months though-that'll be wonderful-a definite change in weather from January! Have a great time!

I know! I lived in Orlando for like 10 years when I was a kid. I know that weather was a total fluke. Even if a cold snap like that happened again, what would be the odds of it happening on the specific week or so we would be there? Logically the brain knows this. But emotionally, the thought of going in January again isn't so good. Crazy. I know!

We're shooting for September 14 - 24 at YC. There's still so much that can happen to kill the plans so I refuse to get my hopes up too terribly high. If/when the trip goes down rest assured a report will follow! :cool:

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
I know! I lived in Orlando for like 10 years when I was a kid. I know that weather was a total fluke. Even if a cold snap like that happened again, what would be the odds of it happening on the specific week or so we would be there? Logically the brain knows this. But emotionally, the thought of going in January again isn't so good. Crazy. I know!

We're shooting for September 14 - 24 at YC. There's still so much that can happen to kill the plans so I refuse to get my hopes up too terribly high. If/when the trip goes down rest assured a report will follow! :cool:
Ooo trust me, I know! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom