DisneyPrincess5's January 2010 Trip Report!

Hi all :wave:

We returned from our amazing Walt Disney World trip on Saturday night and I can’t wait to share the details with all of you!

Quick recap and then let’s get into it!

Who: Me (Liz), 22 and my boyfriend (Ryan), 28

When: January 8-16, 2010

Where: The Polynesian

Come on everybody...here we gooo!

margot2791

hey great trip report! sorry to hear it was so cold. noticed you are also a student and are from connecticut. do you go to uconn by any chance?

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
hey great trip report! sorry to hear it was so cold. noticed you are also a student and are from connecticut. do you go to uconn by any chance?
Thank you!
It was just as cold as CT actually...maybe even colder due to wind chill! But hey, whatcha gonna do.

Nope, I go to SCSU.

mitchk

Great trip report.:king: Looks like you had a great time :wave: BTW, it's a yes on the Segway tour? I mean I always thought about doing it, but I was a lil scared about driving one (I rented a searacer last visit, and let's just say, I didn't do a great job driving), but you made it sound simple enough, I think I'm gonna book that, and once again, great TR

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Great trip report.:king: Looks like you had a great time :wave: BTW, it's a yes on the Segway tour? I mean I always thought abot doing it, but I was a lil scared about driving one (I rented a seaaracer last visit, and let's just say, I didn't do a great job driving), but you made it sound simple enough, I think I'm gonna book that, and once again, great TR
Thank you!

Definitely try it! It is a tad difficult in the beginning just because it's a foreign thing, but once you gain confidence and are able to hold your balance, it's so simple and fun! And trust me, I can't ride a bike or drive a car too well :lol:

foreverbelle

Sounds like you guys had a great time.

A few things:

1. I am glad you guy made the most of the cold and didn't let that stop you from having a fabulous time. Because you were in Disney. And even in the cold it is better than being home.

2. You and yours are so darn cute! Seriously I don't think you could get to much cuter than you guys. You just look so happy.

3. May isn't to bad. We usually go in May or August, this will be the first time we go in February. But it is dif worth a trip so you can enjoy the warm weather and the water parks.

4. Congratulations on just about graduating. That is something to celebrate!

Thanks for the report

erstwo

Great Trip Report!!! Missed seeing you on the boards and remembered you were at WDW having the time of your life! Jealous! :)

Was this guy (barely visible to the right of Mickey - NOT Mickey :)) on your Segway tour? We've met him twice now, and seen him lead the tours. He's awesome! (but obviously I'm not so awesome at remembering his name! :rolleyes:)
3649208776_cfc38214fd_b.jpg

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Sounds like you guys had a great time.

A few things:

1. I am glad you guy made the most of the cold and didn't let that stop you from having a fabulous time. Because you were in Disney. And even in the cold it is better than being home.

2. You and yours are so darn cute! Seriously I don't think you could get to much cuter than you guys. You just look so happy.

3. May isn't to bad. We usually go in May or August, this will be the first time we go in February. But it is dif worth a trip so you can enjoy the warm weather and the water parks.

4. Congratulations on just about graduating. That is something to celebrate!

Thanks for the report
Thanks so much! Glad to hear you like May...hope it's not too hot for me though, even though Ryan can handle hot weather!
Glad you enjoyed the report.

Great Trip Report!!! Missed seeing you on the boards and remembered you were at WDW having the time of your life! Jealous! :)

Was this guy (barely visible to the right of Mickey - NOT Mickey :)) on your Segway tour? We've met him twice now, and seen him lead the tours. He's awesome! (but obviously I'm not so awesome at remembering his name! :rolleyes:)
3649208776_cfc38214fd_b.jpg
Aw thank you!
Well we saw the one guy to the left :lol: but not the guy to the right. We had Lamont who told us he's been leading the 8:30am tour for years. Did you do another time?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Some final thoughts…
Although it was cold…like REALLY cold in the beginning of the trip, we still made the best of it and we had an amazing trip! Our love and appreciation for Disney grows more and more with each visit!

I'm so happy I get to share my love for Disney with the person I love the most in this world. Thanks for another wonderful trip honey, can’t wait for the next one! :kiss:

NOW! On to the next trip!

We’re looking to go in May 2011 and trying out the Contemporary. We’ve been twice in January, mostly because of my school schedule, but I’ll be graduating this May so we’re going to break away from going in January. Why? The weather home and at WDW can be shifty, there are a lot of rehabs, including Splash Mountain which we hate missing out on, and we want to try a new time of year!
We’d be able to go to a water park in May and experience the real Florida weather we enjoy.

Thanks for reading everyone! Hope you enjoyed my trip report! :sohappy:

I forgot to say as well that I'll be adding food pictures to the Food Pics thread day by day!

YEAH!! It sounds like you had an amazing time!!! I am SOOO happy for you!!!! Love the pics and trip report!!! Since you were 4 hours away from me, and I knew how cold it was here...and b/c i'm a total freak and have my phone programmed not only to the local weather conditions but also the ones in Orlando...I knew you would be SO cold!!! I am so glad that you brought your coats!! :rolleyes: (I picked this smiley b/c it's blue ... for being cold!) I kept getting frost freeze advisories for Orlando!!!! Planning a trip in May is the a great idea!!! You will be able to hit the water parks like you said and a great way to celebrate your graduation!!!!!! :sohappy: I am so happy that you had a dream filled and magical trip my friend!! Welcome back and time to start planning 05-11!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
YEAH!! It sounds like you had an amazing time!!! I am SOOO happy for you!!!! Love the pics and trip report!!! Since you were 4 hours away from me, and I knew how cold it was here...and b/c i'm a total freak and have my phone programmed not only to the local weather conditions but also the ones in Orlando...I knew you would be SO cold!!! I am so glad that you brought your coats!! :rolleyes: (I picked this smiley b/c it's blue ... for being cold!) I kept getting frost freeze advisories for Orlando!!!! Planning a trip in May is the a great idea!!! You will be able to hit the water parks like you said and a great way to celebrate your graduation!!!!!! :sohappy: I am so happy that you had a dream filled and magical trip my friend!! Welcome back and time to start planning 05-11!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:
Thank you! We had a great time despite the cold. Yes May should be great! You know me-can't wait to start planning it!

sweetpee_1993

Still on our way home from the airport and read your report. Y'all must be better acclimated to that cold weather because it sure killed us. Lol! Glad y'all had a good time. It looks like you did a lot every day. I'm jealous! We moved at a snail's pace which was so hard for me because I'm naturally a fast mover. Your report was awesome. Can't wait to get home on my computer so all the pics will open for me. :)

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi looks like you had an absolute blast :sohappy:

Was it very cold?? I cant imagine it being near freezing in wdw as its always scorching when we go, which we love as the weather in ireland is brutal!!!

Love your pics too, what kinda room did you stay in the poly???

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Still on our way home from the airport and read your report. Y'all must be better acclimated to that cold weather because it sure killed us. Lol! Glad y'all had a good time. It looks like you did a lot every day. I'm jealous! We moved at a snail's pace which was so hard for me because I'm naturally a fast mover. Your report was awesome. Can't wait to get home on my computer so all the pics will open for me. :)
Thank you! Yes, the cold was crazy but we're used to experiencing those kind of temperatures home but it was hard at times. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Hi looks like you had an absolute blast :sohappy:

Was it very cold?? I cant imagine it being near freezing in wdw as its always scorching when we go, which we love as the weather in ireland is brutal!!!

Love your pics too, what kinda room did you stay in the poly???
Thanks! It was really cold...like in the morning there were temps in the high 20s, low 30s. We turned on the weather one day and we literally went like this :eek: It was shocking to be in Florida and see temps like that. But thankfully it got into the 50s, 60s, and 70s by the end of our trip.

We had a standard room and this was our view.
me051.jpg

Pretty nice to get to see the monorail pass by. We stayed at the very end on the 2nd floor of Raratonga...no balcony this time but it was so cold, we wouldn't have used it anyway!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Thank you! Yes, the cold was crazy but we're used to experiencing those kind of temperatures home but it was hard at times. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Thanks! It was really cold...like in the morning there were temps in the high 20s, low 30s. We turned on the weather one day and we literally went like this :eek: It was shocking to be in Florida and see temps like that. But thankfully it got into the 50s, 60s, and 70s by the end of our trip.

We had a standard room and this was our view.
me051.jpg

Pretty nice to get to see the monorail pass by. We stayed at the very end on the 2nd floor of Raratonga...no balcony this time but it was so cold, we wouldn't have used it anyway!

So cool, cant wait to someday stay at The Poly :sohappy: but OKW will do for now haha:ROFLOL:

Yanks07

:sohappy: Great trip report Liz!! Love the pics. Glad to see you guys made the best of the cold weather. Gotta say that I Love the Yankee Hat!! lol
May is a nice time to go, try and catch the Flower and Garden Festival @ Epcot if you can, it's just beautiful. Thx for sharing

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
:sohappy: Great trip report Liz!! Love the pics. Glad to see you guys made the best of the cold weather. Gotta say that I Love the Yankee Hat!! lol
May is a nice time to go, try and catch the Flower and Garden Festival @ Epcot if you can, it's just beautiful. Thx for sharing
Thank you! Glad you liked it...and yes, I must represent our team even in Disney!
We're really looking forward to a change with going in May. I always forget the F&G Festival is in May! We'll have to look into when.

tink68

Great trip report. You guys are so cute. My daughter and I went in Jan a few years ago and froze. We had fun but such a different experience then when it is warm. Glad you had fun and congrats on your upcoming graduation. :wave:
Sheri

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom