Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

Californian Elitist

I wasn't sure if I'd ever convince you to enter Galaxies Edge, would have certainly never imagined you'd beat us on the ride.

It is ironic, isn’t it?😂

To be fair, I did one walk-through of the land, used the bathroom, spent maybe 40 seconds in a store, walked right past Target Run without considering hopping in line, complained about the land, and made a bee-line to Pirates with @George Lucas on a Bench. 😁

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Yes, it happened for a short while.

Ops had to decide: empty the queue until that part of the preshow was fixed, or, have guests skip it.

Anyone who complained to guests services got the usual compensation.

If the stretching room for HM wasn't working, would you have Ops close down HM completely, or have guests skip it?
Close it until it works. sorry, but any trip to the Mansion without the Stretching Room is missing the point and heart of the ride and not something I ever want to experience. The ride is a overall experience and if one part of that experience goes down it effects the overall show and atmosphere and story.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Odd analogy. The stretching room isn’t integral to the story of the attraction, unlike RotR’s preshows. It was built first and foremost as an elevator in DL and then cloned in MK because people liked it.
Oh I disagree very much that the Stretching Room isn't integral to the story of the ride. It sets the tone for the first half of the ride, it introduces the ghost host, it takes you under the railroad or else you can't get to the portrait hallway, it's really the start of the ride. STRETCHING ROOM + PORTRAIT HALL + LOADING ON YOUR DOOM BUGGY make the entire experience.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

What do you mean “no clue”? Everyone is expected to have their voucher replaced with a laminated park ticket and take a photo. The only problem is their large group. And don’t get stuck behind a large family with many young kids and strollers, or elderly on electric wheelchairs. YOU should be the alert one and avoid getting stuck behind them. Or get to the park super early.
can you elaborate on this more. last time i was at the park was some years ago and all i had to do was have them scan my pre-purchased ticket and i was in. is that not the way you enter the park? Last time I was there you could go up to the ticket booth and buy a ticket and take it to the front gate or you can bring a pre-purchased ticket to the front gate and get in? has it changed since then? i know this is off topic but i plan on going this year to the park and wana make sure i am up to date on how to enter if things have changed since my last visit

No Name

I thought all of the preshows were very valuable to the experience. The story wouldn’t make sense without them. To think of it as just a ride is kind of shallow. Plus, if the preshows didn’t exist, you’d just be spending that same 10+ minutes in the caves.

It’s not like the Flight of Passage preshows which feel kind of forced.

Oh I disagree very much that the Stretching Room isn't integral to the story of the ride. It sets the tone for the first half of the ride, it introduces the ghost host, it takes you under the railroad or else you can't get to the portrait hallway, it's really the start of the ride. STRETCHING ROOM + PORTRAIT HALL + LOADING ON YOUR DOOM BUGGY make the entire experience.

If the stretching room didn’t exist, you could board a doom buggy under no less sensical a premise. If the Rise preshows are removed, the setting and story is abrupt and makes no sense.

I‘m not saying the stretching room is anything less than fantastic.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I thought all of the preshows were very valuable to the experience. The story wouldn’t make sense without them. To think of it as just a ride is kind of shallow. Plus, if the preshows didn’t exist, you’d just be spending that same 10+ minutes in the caves.

It’s not like the Flight of Passage preshows which feel kind of forced.

If the stretching room didn’t exist, you could board a doom buggy under no less sensical a premise. If the Rise preshows are removed, the setting and story is abrupt and makes no sense.

I‘m not saying the stretching room is anything less than fantastic.
In Dinseyland the stretching rooms plays 2 roles: sets the tone and atmosphere and gets guests underground. if it went down I don't want to go on the attraction. i want to experience the mansion as designed. i dont wana go into the foyer then go backstage to some stairs to the doom buggy loading area and take me out of the immersivness of the ride .

No Name

Rise breaks the theme park trope of one preshow then board, and does so successfully. To no surprise, Florida’s is the highest-rated attraction in the country (even higher than FoP), and I imagine once this one opens to the public, it’ll fare similarly well.

In Dinseyland the stretching rooms plays 2 roles: sets the tone and atmosphere and gets guests underground. if it went down I don't want to go on the attraction. i want to experience the mansion as designed. i dont wana go into the foyer then go backstage to some stairs to the doom buggy loading area and take me out of the immersivness of the ride .

Agreed but my point stands no less.

mickEblu

I respectfully disagree. Indy is definitely a thrill ride in every sense of the word.

I’m sure you are not alone. I think the psychological aspect and effects help make it feel like it’s more thrilling kind of like the fans on Space Mountain and if you consider that + the physical thrills I can see how one can consider it a thrill ride. I personally find the first drop in Pirates is more thrilling than anything on Indy.

Disney Analyst

Sounds like to get a boarding pass for RotR at Disneyland, you will need to head to a fast pass distribution area. Or I assume MaxPass will have digital access.

waltography

Sounds like to get a boarding pass for RotR at Disneyland, you will need to head to a fast pass distribution area. Or I assume MaxPass will have digital access.
Where did you hear the part about the physical distribution area? I thought when they did boarding groups in May, it was all done through the Disneyland app.

BalooChicago

Do we know specifics about the virtual pass yet? Meaning, what time will we be able to get assigned? What happens on Magic Mornings? Meaning, when I was there in July, GE didn’t open during the extra hours. Will we have to wait until the entire park is open to get a boarding pass?

Did anyone answer this? Is it just the regular Disneyland app?

DanielBB8

can you elaborate on this more. last time i was at the park was some years ago and all i had to do was have them scan my pre-purchased ticket and i was in. is that not the way you enter the park? Last time I was there you could go up to the ticket booth and buy a ticket and take it to the front gate or you can bring a pre-purchased ticket to the front gate and get in? has it changed since then? i know this is off topic but i plan on going this year to the park and wana make sure i am up to date on how to enter if things have changed since my last visit
No, it’s exactly as I described. The last visit was Oogie Boogie Bash in September 2019. I bought my tickets online for a single evening event. They took my paper ticket with barcode and replaced it with admission ticket and took my photo. They did this with EVERYONE. Is this so hard to believe? They cracked down on this due to fraud.

DanielBB8

I’m sure you are not alone. I think the psychological aspect and effects help make it feel like it’s more thrilling kind of like the fans on Space Mountain and if you consider that + the physical thrills I can see how one can consider it a thrill ride. I personally find the first drop in Pirates is more thrilling than anything on Indy.
Plus the extremely turbulent jeep ride vehicle. Gee, I’m sure that wasn’t clear enough.

Micechat was merely describing some favorites. I’m sure they didn’t mean to ignore Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom