Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

The_Mesh_Hatter

The drop feels very small. It’s just a downward jolt. Smaller than those little drops TOT would do between the open windows, before the big one. The drop is mainly to simulate the escape pod’s “release” from the Star Destroyer. You slow down gently immediately after the release, and go into “freefall” with no more acceleration.

George Lucas on a Bench

I would say smaller drop. The lift really gives you a sense of the length of the drop. It's a rapid ascent with butterfly feelings (Like going up the express elevators in a skyscraper) and the height/enormity of the room there should prep you for your eventual descent. It's intense enough to give you those feelings in your stomach and get a reaction out of everyone. I wasn't exactly thrilled with a drop being in there even if it isn't that bad. The rest of the ride is a fairly tame dark ride and the ending totally switches gears where you're dropping and having to look at insanity on a screen.

George Lucas on a Bench

I really didn't like the cave line. It was cave after cave after cave. In Indy, for instance, there's a charm to the dig site line and it feels like the movies. In Rise, you go from a pleasant sort of Pandora-esque wooded waiting area outside to boring caves that don't feel like Star Wars. I understand that the rebels hide their bases and it would make sense in that context, but it was more boring that Algebra. Most of the cave rooms have seating built in to the rocks and even those modern leaning benches from bus stops.

As for Indy vs. Rise, it's totally up to the rider. Indy is more thrilling.

TrainsOfDisney

I would agree that the drop is more similar to Guardians than Pirates.

I’ve only ridden in Florida but I would compare it to pirates. I thought the ride was extremely tame compared to Indy, transformers, etc. I think it makes sense as these “ride vehicles” in real life would not be bounding and jolting like a Jeep in a cave would be... they would be gliding around the ship and darting in and out of hallways exactly like they do.

I think with all effects working Indy probably is the winner... Indy has a couple of weird spots like the Spears being thrown and the bugs that make it feel a bit dated, but the crossing the bridge with real fire, low fog and real lasers is way more impressive than the AT-AT room in my opinion.

Californian Elitist

Actually.... the elevator is in transformers too. It’s just not as obvious.

You’re right, I didn’t know that.

I’ve only ridden in Florida but I would compare it to pirates. I thought the ride was extremely tame compared to Indy, transformers, etc. I think it makes sense as these “ride vehicles” in real life would not be bounding and jolting like a Jeep in a cave would be... they would be gliding around the ship and darting in and out of hallways exactly like they do.

I think with all effects working Indy probably is the winner... Indy has a couple of weird spots like the Spears being thrown and the bugs that make it feel a bit dated, but the crossing the bridge with real fire, low fog and real lasers is way more impressive than the AT-AT room in my opinion.

Having ridden Pirates right before riding Rise, I would say the drops don’t feel the same at all. Neither drop in Pirates, specifically. Rise’s drop is short but I felt like I was on Guardians.

Indy is definitely the better ride. RSR is also better.

mickEblu

Sad news. Micechat doesn't consider Star Tours or MF: Target Run to be thrill rides. I guess Indiana Jones isn't a thrill ride either.

I agree with MC on this one.

Mouse Trap

Have we spotted any differences between DL and HS versions? I was able to ride at HS a handful of times and prob won't make it to DL for comparison until end of the month.

TrainsOfDisney

The style of drop is definitely the Same as guardians, but I felt the intensity level was more like pirates? I get what you’re saying though. I doubt I’ll ride guardians again, wayyyy too much up and down for me. (Plus I really just rode it so I could judge it! It’s better on the inside vs. the outside that’s for sure).

Californian Elitist

The style of drop is definitely the Same as guardians, but I felt the intensity level was more like pirates? I get what you’re saying though. I doubt I’ll ride guardians again, wayyyy too much up and down for me. (Plus I really just rode it so I could judge it! It’s better on the inside vs. the outside that’s for sure).

Yes, I would agree with this. The style of the drop is like Guardians, but it’s not intense. I prepared myself for the drop and after it happened, I thought it wasn’t bad at all.

I also agree with your other statement. Not sure when I’ll do Guardians again. It seemed like it never gave us breaks with the ups and downs. I was relieved when it finally ended.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom