Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

TP2000

Did he announce the reopening of the Alpine Inn?

Sadly, no, he did not. :(

He didn't mention the hospitality or tourism industry at all. He talked about three people specifically, two of whom I am sure were picked by his staff for him. Francisco and Maria are two Mexican immigrants who love him and all he has done for them. There was also an immigrant from Lebanon who is now the head of the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, and that one I can imagine his staff allowed him to approach the governor and actually speak to him.

He made it clear that all industries in California are wildly successful in 2021 and will only increase their success into 2022. There's no place as happy and successful as California! Everyone is jealous of us! Let's work hard to keep the dirty Oregonians out!

Or something along those lines. It got a bit hazy after that second Two Drinks for First Partner. 🥳

Last edited:

TP2000

I completely agree, not sure where he was talking about! Were you watching him also? Those big screens on either side of him were an interesting touch. Capturing that face he made at the end almost made the speech worth the watch 🤣

No, I couldn't find a TV station that wasn't covering that car chase and wild freeway shootout in Diamond Bar. So I just tuned it in on the radio and did it the old fashioned way, like my parents and grandparents listening to President Roosevelt during the Depression. :p

Emmanuel

B423385A-42E7-410A-AE4E-97277793C3B5.jpeg

milordsloth

No, I couldn't find a TV station that wasn't covering that car chase and wild freeway shootout in Diamond Bar. So I just tuned it in on the radio and did it the old fashioned way, like my parents and grandparents listening to President Roosevelt during the Depression. :p
I watched it live on YouTube. I thought the setting in Dodger Stadium was actually well done, but it was hard to take the nonsense seriously. After saying goodnight he took his First Partner's hand and walked off into the distance of the stadium as music played in the background. Not surprised he didn't mention Disneyland, but still disappointed.

TP2000

I watched it live on YouTube. I thought the setting in Dodger Stadium was actually well done, but it was hard to take the nonsense seriously. After saying goodnight he took his First Partner's hand and walked off into the distance of the stadium as music played in the background. Not surprised he didn't mention Disneyland, but still disappointed.

Oh, geez. I think those theatrics would have sent me over the edge after listening to his words about how awesome and wonderful everything is in California in 2021.

There was a big car chase here in SoCal that had all the news stations following it for two hours, and it was all ending just as the speech was starting so they wouldn't cut away. The driver was going 100 mph on the freeways and slamming into cars in traffic all over the place trying to get away. The hours long chase ended about 15 miles north of Disneyland in a suburb called Diamond Bar, and there was a big shootout with police and the criminal driving the car. It was very dramatic, and the TV stations wouldn't cut away from it to cover the speech! Ha! :D

10401274_030921-kabc-bkr-pursuit-vid.jpg

This slightly used Honda Accord was the getaway car that was finally stopped by police. This car is actually a great analogy for California's theme park industry. But does it represent a bruised and battered Disneyland? A forgotten Alpine Inn? Or a Governor facing a recall and pretending everything is fine, just fine, never better! You decide...

Diamond-Bar-Pursuit-Standoff.jpg

TP2000

Did he at least clarify whether or not The Fireworks will return? I enjoy going to bed at 9 and not hearing the sound of explosions.

Nope. Not a word. He spent several minutes talking about how much his new immigrant friends Francisco and Maria love him and his wise leadership. You'll be interested to know that Maria is 85 years old and has had her Covid shots, and now she's an activist in Fresno getting more elderly immigrants vaccinated.

But he didn't mention anything about California's famous tourism industry. Not. A. Single. Word.

It's funny you mention that. I can see the fireworks from several rooms in my house, and I have really missed them!

Also the fireworks at Angel Stadium, but mostly Disneyland's. :(

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Oh, geez. I think those theatrics would have sent me over the edge after listening to his words about how awesome and wonderful everything is in California in 2021.

There was a big car chase here in SoCal that had all the news stations following it for two hours, and it was all ending just as the speech was starting so they wouldn't cut away. The driver was going 100 mph on the freeways and slamming into cars in traffic all over the place trying to get away. The hours long chase ended about 15 miles north of Disneyland in a suburb called Diamond Bar, and there was a big shootout with police and the criminal driving the car. It was very dramatic, and the TV stations wouldn't cut away from it to cover the speech! Ha! :D

10401274_030921-kabc-bkr-pursuit-vid.jpg

This slightly used Honda Accord was the getaway car that was finally stopped by police. This car is actually a great analogy for California's theme park industry. But does it represent a bruised and battered Disneyland? A forgotten Alpine Inn? Or a Governor facing a recall and pretending everything is fine, just fine, never better! You decide...

Diamond-Bar-Pursuit-Standoff.jpg

The driver was a Female and she had a CHILD in the car. Looked about 10 years old.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Did he at least clarify whether or not The Fireworks will return? I enjoy going to bed at 9 and not hearing the sound of explosions.
Somebody asked that question at today's Chamber Webiner, Jay said it will be asked at the next one in a few weeks, after the State releases the full set of guidelines.

But I wouldn't expect them. Maybe at Angel Stadium, since the fans will be seated in an a appropriatedistance space way.

fctiger

I want the sweet spot between the kinks being worked out and capacity going up to 25%. I think that may be late May to early June. It would also be before it gets too hot. If you look at WDW, it was as soon as capacity moved up to 35% it stopped being a niche, low crowded experience. 35% with all the side effects of restrictions and distancing feels a lot like a normal moderately crowded day at the park. The sweet spot will be 15-25%. After that one May as well wait for the park to open fully.

I think for me as well. 25% seems to be the sweet spot. I seen lots of videos of Tokyo and Shanghai when they were at these benchmarks and it did seem like the best capacity level because it feels busy enough where its not dead but you can do basically everything you want, even with all the restrictions. 35% seems to be chaotic at WDW. Sometimes I do think its beyond that. And it's Florida, so.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom