Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

Nirya

Little disingenuous on the Tax Foundation there - it was founded by the presidents and chairmen of General Motors, Standard Oil, and Johns-Manville, and its history revolves around fighting against taxes. To that end, it's not surprising that California is near the bottom of their rankings, considering we actually have taxes here.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>6) Clearer understanding

Ghaly called the changes to the state’s theme park COVID-19 health and safety guidelines an “evolution.”

“We want to be a state that learns and learns quickly,” Ghaly said.

The updates to the theme park guidelines are based on a clearer understanding of the “compelling science about how the virus behaves and how activities when done a certain way can reduce risk,” according to Ghaly.<<

TP2000

I don't know what's worse, that someone faked the announcement or that someone made a video explaining its fakeness. This is such a dumb time we're living in.

But isn't it great in a weird way? I mean, could any of us have ever thought we'd end up here? It's all just so... entertaining! :D

You have to find the pure comedy in all of this mess, or else you'd just be depressed forever.

TP2000

Listening to KFI AM 640 right now, and Governor Newsom is still here in SoCal visiting vaccine sites. He's in Southgate this afternoon, a rather gritty community in south LA. And after being asked specifically by a reporter why there is no Green Tier, Newsom just announced that he's now at least open to adding a "Green Tier" to his Blueprint For A Safer Economy tier system. (It currently ends at the Yellow Tier, which still prevents non-Californians from getting in to Disneyland)

Of course, there's no actual information or documents available on this "Green Tier" from Sacramento yet. It's just words from a politician fighting for his career and a recall election. But this is what he just said this afternoon...

"The Green Tier, that's a good question. We are, ah..., working on socializing that." -Governor Newsom, March 10th, 2021

The reporter from KFI who follows Newsom exclusively was able to translate that statement for the KFI hosts. He claims that by saying "we are working on socializing that" means that Newsom and his team are actively discussing a Green Tier and working on its rules. Or at least that was the reporter's best guess. He said he's heard Newsom use the word "socializing" in sentences before, and it appears to be a buzzword that means "developing the rough idea further for public consumption". Newsom went on from that statement and offered more psycho-babble and buzzwords on the simple question, presented in English, "When do we get a Green Tier?"

But hey, some good news! A reporter actually got Newsom to say "Green Tier" out loud! 🥳

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Listening to KFI AM 640 right now, and Governor Newsom is still here in SoCal visiting vaccine sites. He's in Southgate this afternoon, a rather gritty community in south LA. And after being asked specifically by a reporter why there is no Green Tier, Newsom just announced that he's now at least open to adding a "Green Tier" to his Blueprint For A Safer Economy tier system. (It currently ends at the Yellow Tier, which still prevents non-Californians from getting in to Disneyland)

Of course, there's no actual information or documents available on this "Green Tier" from Sacramento yet. It's just words from a politician fighting for his career and a recall election. But this is what he just said this afternoon...

"The Green Tier, that's a good question. We are, ah..., working on socializing that." -Governor Newsom, March 10th, 2021

The reporter from KFI who follows Newsom exclusively was able to translate that statement for the KFI hosts. He claims that by saying "we are working on socializing that" means that Newsom and his team are actively discussing a Green Tier and working on its rules. Or at least that was the reporter's best guess. He said he's heard Newsom use the word "socializing" in sentences before, and it appears to be a buzzword that means "developing the rough idea further for public consumption". Newsom went on from that statement and offered more psycho-babble and buzzwords on the simple question, presented in English, "When do we get a Green Tier?"

But hey, some good news! A reporter actually got Newsom to say "Green Tier" out loud! 🥳
And again I'd like to point out, as I did a couple days ago, Newsom has already called out the "Green Tier" as being achievable:

“Our goal is to get to the day when the Blueprint is no longer needed. As more people are vaccinated and more vaccines are available, especially in our most impacted communities, we can envision a day when California can enter the ‘green tier’ – in which strict public health measures will no longer be needed,” continued Governor Newsom.

“Until then, we will continue to evaluate, update and disclose public health and vaccine data to move at a steady and responsible pace.”

So this isn't the first time Newsom has talked about California getting to a "Green Tier".

It has always been about vaccinations, that is the key to getting to the "Green Tier", as I've been telling you for months now. So it should be no shock that now we getting to over 25% of those 18 and older getting at least the first shot that the Tier system will include your beloved "Green Tier".

TP2000

And again I'd like to point out, as I did a couple days ago, Newsom has already called out the "Green Tier" as being achievable:

“Our goal is to get to the day when the Blueprint is no longer needed. As more people are vaccinated and more vaccines are available, especially in our most impacted communities, we can envision a day when California can enter the ‘green tier’ – in which strict public health measures will no longer be needed,” continued Governor Newsom.

“Until then, we will continue to evaluate, update and disclose public health and vaccine data to move at a steady and responsible pace.”

So this isn't the first time Newsom has talked about California getting to a "Green Tier".

It has always been about vaccinations, that is the key to getting to the "Green Tier", as I've been telling you for months now. So it should be no shock that now we getting to over 25% of those 18 and older getting at least the first shot that the Tier system will include your beloved "Green Tier".

All that was from a prepared statement, not actually written by Newsom, to make him sound like he speaks normally.

This press interview this afternoon in Southgate actually happened in real life, and wasn't created by a Communications cubicle farm in Sacramento. Newsom actually said out loud the words "Green Tier"!

Of course he followed it up by saying "We are working on socializing that", which is a weird buzzword statement that no one really understands. But at least he said "Green Tier" out loud in public! This is a big step.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
All that was from a prepared statement, not actually written by Newsom, to make him sound like he speaks normally.

This press interview this afternoon in Southgate actually happened in real life, and wasn't created by a Communications cubicle farm in Sacramento. Newsom actually said out loud the words "Green Tier"!

Of course he followed it up by saying "We are working on socializing that", which is a weird buzzword statement that no one really understands. But at least he said "Green Tier" out loud in public! This is a big step.
Whether "prepared" or not, he still said it last week in a press conference. So today is not the first time he's talked "out load in public" about the "Green Tier".

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Downtown Disney could offer Indoor Dining on Saturday!

>>The morning after his less-than-stellar State of the State speech, Gov. Gavin Newsom delivered some good news to about 15 million Californians. Newsom said the state on Friday will meet its threshold of administering 2 million Covid-19 vaccine doses in low-income, hard-hit communities, triggering a change in the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy that will advance Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties into the “red” tier of that matrix and clear a path for more businesses to reopen. As long as local health officials agree, businesses in those counties will be allowed to open under the less restrictive red tier limits on Saturday. L.A. has been in the most restrictive tier of the governor’s Blueprint since August.<<

>>“Southern California, you will be a beneficiary of this,” Newsom said during a visit to a mobile vaccination clinic in South Gate.

“Specifically, L.A. will be a big beneficiary of this new metric that likely will be met on Friday. And moving through the weekend and into next week, you will see more activity, more loosening of the tiers,” predicted the governor. That’s encouraging and I hope people will be enthusiastic about what this means moving forward, because we have a series of other thresholds and other goals that will allow us to move forward with more clarity, more conviction and more confidence as we move through the next few weeks and
the next few months.”<<

>>
On Tuesday two members of L.A. County’s powerful Board of Supervisors said they support fully aligning with state guidelines.

“I feel pretty strongly that I think we should align ourselves with the state’s red tier reopening guidelines,” Supervisor Janice Hahn said. “I think to be different than that right now would cause confusion and probably a lot of anger, because there are so many venues out there, entities, that have really suffered and are waiting to get a few more of these restrictions lifted.

“Especially if we’re talking about Disneyland reopening at limited capacity, opening day at Dodger Stadium there’ll be in-person fans,” she said.

“But I really hope that we can stay in alignment so that there is not confusion from one county to the other.”

Supervisor Kathryn Barger agreed with Hahn, saying L.A. County should align its public health order with the state and neighboring counties.

“I believe that clarity and consistency leads to the highest rates of compliance,” Barger said, adding that she wanted to avoid local residents traveling to other counties with lesser restrictions.

Barger also urged Ferrer to get guidance out quickly so businesses can plan ahead to prepare for changing rules.<<

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Also we're a little less than 100k vaccinations away from hitting that 2M goal of vaccinations in lower income communities. Its expected to hit that 2M by Friday allowing a further loosening of the Red tier requirements. Which means that more counties can enter the Red tier starting next week. The goal will be to hit that 4M mark by the end of the month or shortly after, so the Orange and Yellow Tier requirements are loosened. LA and OC would then be able to hit the Orange Tier by the time Disneyland and the other theme parks are ready to reopen.

TP2000

Downtown Disney could offer Indoor Dining on Saturday!

>>The morning after his less-than-stellar State of the State speech, Gov. Gavin Newsom delivered some good news to about 15 million Californians. Newsom said the state on Friday will meet its threshold of administering 2 million Covid-19 vaccine doses in low-income, hard-hit communities, triggering a change in the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy that will advance Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties into the “red” tier of that matrix and clear a path for more businesses to reopen. As long as local health officials agree, businesses in those counties will be allowed to open under the less restrictive red tier limits on Saturday. L.A. has been in the most restrictive tier of the governor’s Blueprint since August.<<

>>“Southern California, you will be a beneficiary of this,” Newsom said during a visit to a mobile vaccination clinic in South Gate.

“Specifically, L.A. will be a big beneficiary of this new metric that likely will be met on Friday. And moving through the weekend and into next week, you will see more activity, more loosening of the tiers,” predicted the governor. That’s encouraging and I hope people will be enthusiastic about what this means moving forward, because we have a series of other thresholds and other goals that will allow us to move forward with more clarity, more conviction and more confidence as we move through the next few weeks and
the next few months.”<<

>>
On Tuesday two members of L.A. County’s powerful Board of Supervisors said they support fully aligning with state guidelines.

“I feel pretty strongly that I think we should align ourselves with the state’s red tier reopening guidelines,” Supervisor Janice Hahn said. “I think to be different than that right now would cause confusion and probably a lot of anger, because there are so many venues out there, entities, that have really suffered and are waiting to get a few more of these restrictions lifted.

“Especially if we’re talking about Disneyland reopening at limited capacity, opening day at Dodger Stadium there’ll be in-person fans,” she said.

“But I really hope that we can stay in alignment so that there is not confusion from one county to the other.”

Supervisor Kathryn Barger agreed with Hahn, saying L.A. County should align its public health order with the state and neighboring counties.

“I believe that clarity and consistency leads to the highest rates of compliance,” Barger said, adding that she wanted to avoid local residents traveling to other counties with lesser restrictions.

Barger also urged Ferrer to get guidance out quickly so businesses can plan ahead to prepare for changing rules.<<

Wait, so LA County is now lowering their standards so they meet up with Orange County standards?!

That's very good news, but also very interesting to see how the mighty have fallen up in LA! :cool:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>The largest theme park in Riverside is set to hire about 300 people to staff a variety of positions ahead of a planned reopening in April.

Castle Park, located on the west end of the city, just off of the Riverside (91) Freeway, is preparing to return to full access to all rides in the first half of April, according to General Manager Ken Withers.<<

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom