Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

TP2000

Okay, gang... Governor Newsom's State of the State Address starts in 15 minutes. He's a very, very long-winded guy so we're going to have to pace ourselves, and there is no shame in tapping out early with this one. Some of us may need to be sober for work in the morning.

Rules:
  • Take A Drink if he says the word "coordinated" or "targeted"
  • Take Two Drinks if he says the phrase "First Partner" (a person most normal people would just call "wife")
  • Take A Shot if he says the exact phrase "Science and Data" (one or the other of those words don't count, it has to be both)
  • Pop Open Champagne if he actually says the word "Disneyland"
Good luck! I'm going to set up my lineup now. 🍺

SuddenStorm

Okay, gang... Governor Newsom's State of the State Address starts in 15 minutes. He's a very, very long-winded guy so we're going to have to pace ourselves, and there is no shame in tapping out early with this one. Some of us may need to be sober for work in the morning.

Rules:
  • Take Two Drinks if he says the phrase "First Partner" (a person most normal people would just call "wife")
  • Take A Shot if he says the exact phrase "Science and Data" (one or the other of those words don't count, it has to be both)

I don't feel like watching, so I'm gonna rely on your analysis. Don't let us down!

George Lucas on a Bench

Rules:

You're a braver man than I to be tuning in to that

milordsloth

Rules:

Well he just said "First Partner" within the first 20 seconds... this should be fun

Practical Pig

I want the sweet spot between the kinks being worked out and capacity going up to 25%. I think that may be late May to early June. It would also be before it gets too hot. If you look at WDW, it was as soon as capacity moved up to 35% it stopped being a niche, low crowded experience. 35% with all the side effects of restrictions and distancing feels a lot like a normal moderately crowded day at the park. The sweet spot will be 15-25%. After that one May as well wait for the park to open fully.
As an occasional tourist who's only been able to experience DLR during the heavily impacted Christmas season for the past couple of decades due to scheduling issues, and assuming full vaccination by that time, I'm sorely tempted to try for a spot during that window. It might be something akin to my several childhood visits, only with plexiglass and "stand here" signs on the ground.

Another part of me realizes that as the occasional tourist, Disneyland simply isn't as deeply ingrained in my DNA as the many local fans, and I don't want to take a scarce reservation away from someone who just needs it more.

TP2000

Another part of me realizes that as the occasional tourist, Disneyland simply isn't as deeply ingrained in my DNA as the many local fans, and I don't want to take a scarce reservation away from someone who just needs it more.

That's really very kind of you. I feel about the same way about the vaccine.

But then, there's part of me that thinks that by not taking a slot you are only enabling some of the locals who are disproportionately attached to the place. :D

TP2000

"First Partner" said again. Two drinks!

But thank goodness we didn't include the word "equity" in the rules, or I'd already be on my way to sleeping on the floor. 😴

He hasn't said a word about Disneyland or theme parks. He seems to be talking about some other state in fact, where everything is rosy and beautiful and all of the citizens are happy and content to live there under his guidance.

milordsloth

"First Partner" said again. Two drinks!

But thank goodness we didn't include the word "equity" in the rules, or I'd already be on my way to sleeping on the floor. 😴

He hasn't said a word about Disneyland or theme parks. He seems to be talking about some other state in fact, where everything is rosy and beautiful and all of the citizens are happy and content to live there under his guidance.
I have my champagne ready just in case!

TP2000

"and good night".... 2021 State of the State Address has concluded. At least First Partner is thrilled with his performance!

My bottle of Veuve Clicquot remains corked. Disneyland never mentioned. :(

Seriously, he really said nothing of any substance. For much of the speech, he seemed to be talking about an entirely different state. Although he earns a point for mentioning all the homeless camps that have taken over downtown LA and San Francisco and every freeway interchange in the LA metro area.

Otherwise, it was a pithy and vacuous speech that said not much of anything. We can all carry on with our humble lives again.

milordsloth

That's it? Apparently everything is hunky-dory.

20210309_184850.jpg

TP2000

That's it? Apparently everything is hunky-dory.

View attachment 538394

I'm so glad you were also listening to the speech. Was it just me, or did much of his speech make it sound like he was talking about an entirely different state where everything is wonderful and successful and its citizens are thrilled to be there?

Did he get his script mixed up with some other governor that reopened their state six months ago? I'm confused.

I do have to give him credit, he includes the phrase "First Partner" in a sentence so smoothly and naturally that it almost sounds like a normal human being. Almost.

So... Disneyland. Waiting for the Guidance to be delivered in another couple of weeks. TDA hoping to reopen the park by late April at 15% capacity, while keeping dirty Oregonians out and conceding all their Indoor Dining sales to Captain Kidd's Buffet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

milordsloth

I'm so glad you were also listening to the speech. Was it just me, or did much of his speech make it sound like he was talking about an entirely different state where everything is wonderful and successful and its citizens are thrilled to be there?

Did he get his script mixed up with some other governor that reopened their state six months ago? I'm confused.

I do have to give him credit, he includes the phrase "First Partner" in a sentence so smoothly and naturally that it almost sounds like a normal human being. Almost.

So... Disneyland. Waiting for the Guidance to be delivered in another couple of weeks. TDA hoping to try and reopen the park by late April at 15% capacity, while keeping dirty Oregonians out and conceding all their Indoor Dining sales to Captain Kidd's Buffet. :rolleyes:
I completely agree, not sure where he was talking about! Were you watching him also? Those big screens on either side of him were an interesting touch. Capturing that face he made at the end almost made the speech worth the watch 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom