News Disneyland Resort in California plans to begin phased reopening July 9

SuddenStorm

Time to pack up Disneyland and move it to New Zealand.

29d0cc84-763c-4931-a4b5-6f98e053244f_text.gif

fctiger

When they originally announced the opening at the time, I was cautious but optimistic. I thought things still weren't great but at the time things had calm down enough to see why they thought it could open by next month. I didn't even realize until yesterday this would be DL's 65th birthday. I didn't expect a huge thing over it but yeah it's another big milestone and understand why they wanted it open by then.

But what a difference just two weeks makes? It just proves we don't have a real handle on this thing yet and everyone knows that. I would still be surprised if WDW opens next month given both how badly things have gotten there too.

Disneyland will reopen obviously. And it's possible still by the summer but I wouldn't hold my breath on that anymore. Hopefully sometime this year but that will depend on how serious we are to clamp down on cases and sadly I don't think we are close to there yet. So the parks should remain closed until then.

CaptainAmerica

I don't usually follow the cadence of Disneyland very closely, but should we read anything into the fact that you still can't book a room reservation at any of the three resorts for 2021?

Walt Disney World and Aulani are booking 499 days out.

westie

I have ressies for DLR in September that I made in January. I'm going to wait one more week and cancel. I currently have about $500 credit with Southwest from canceled vacations. But, better safe than sorry.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't usually follow the cadence of Disneyland very closely, but should we read anything into the fact that you still can't book a room reservation at any of the three resorts for 2021?

Walt Disney World and Aulani are booking 499 days out.
Disneyland is not like WDW, they don't do booking a year in advance. If I remember correctly they release the next years bookings closer to the end of the year, October if I recall correctly, September at the earliest. With DLR still closed however I wouldn't expect them to start allowing 2021 bookings until they are actually reopened.

CaptainAmerica

Disneyland is not like WDW, they don't do booking a year in advance. If I remember correctly they release the next years bookings closer to the end of the year, October if I recall correctly, September at the earliest.
Thanks, that's useful background.

With DLR still closed however I wouldn't expect them to start allowing 2021 bookings until they are actually reopened.
Aulani is.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thanks, that's useful background.

Aulani is.
Aulani is not a theme park hotel and is not in the state of California where all theme parks are currently closed. Right now there is no guarantee when DLR will be open. So my suspicion is that they are going to wait as long as they can before releasing 2021 bookings, and maybe even wait until they fully reopen.

CaptainAmerica

Aulani is not a theme park hotel and is not in the state of California where all theme parks are currently closed. Right now there is no guarantee when DLR will be open. So my suspicion is that they are going to wait as long as they can before releasing 2021 bookings, and maybe even wait until they fully reopen.
The entirety of Hawaii is currently closed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The entirety of Hawaii is currently closed.
Yep you're right, so that must mean because Aulani is accepting reservation that Disneyland must too. Because it could never be that each Disney Resort has their own rules based on the state or country they are in. :rolleyes:

I suggest you call Disneyland directly and ask them when they will allowing bookings for 2021. Because honestly its likely no one here is going to know with 100% certainty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom