News Disneyland Resort in California plans to begin phased reopening July 9

Figments Friend

I am on the official DLR website right now, and can book a room at the Grand Californian or Paradise Pier hotels for any date in late September after the 16th.
Not sure if this means anything, but thought it worth mentioning.

Not that i would pay to stay at either of those choices for a week ( $689 / $382 a night??!! Um...no....) but wanted to check and see if anything was bookable out of curiosities sake.

The Disneyland Hotel is not availible, which we were aware of already.

-

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
I am on the official DLR website right now, and can book a room at the Grand Californian or Paradise Pier hotels for any date in late September after the 16th.
Not sure if this means anything, but thought it worth mentioning.

Not that i would pay to stay at either of those choices for a week ( $689 / $382 a night??!! Um...no....) but wanted to check and see if anything was bookable out of curiosities sake.

The Disneyland Hotel is not availible, which we were aware of already.

-

Even more interesting... a couple of the good neighbor hotels— castle inn and Alpine inn— don’t have availability on their websites until Sept 16. 🤔 is this because they have been following the model for the DL resort hotels? Or because they know something?!

Emmanuel

So, San Diego County got off the watch list today, and Sea World San Diego still has hours starting on the 28th of August. I’m sure there have been some behind the scenes discussions. I wouldn’t be surprised if we heard something soon. I can FEEL it 😂
7B9E36CE-DAEA-4D7D-9CAD-B8B673E9CEB4.jpeg

Now we got something to think about before the next COVID briefing from Newsom

ThreadMaster5

I like it. I like the randomness of the date and the fact that a CM actually said a date. Of course they could just be a clueless CM or maybe they just leaked a weak rumor. Either way, I like it and hoping it’s true.
Certainly seems possible, but I feel like all cast members would’ve been notified especially park cast members and so far they have not

MarvelCharacterNerd

The DL hotels have been pushing back availability one or two weeks at a time and canceling reservations at the same rate. They seem to keep the 'now you can book for ______' date approximately four weeks ahead. Think this was probably just a miscommunication that 'now you can book for September 16th' got interpreted as 'we'll be opening September 16th!'.

As always, I could be wrong. But the pushing of the date trends has been consistent for months and 9/16 was just the latest push out.

TP2000

The DL hotels have been pushing back availability one or two weeks at a time and canceling reservations at the same rate. They seem to keep the 'now you can book for ______' date approximately four weeks ahead. Think this was probably just a miscommunication that 'now you can book for September 16th' got interpreted as 'we'll be opening September 16th!'.

As always, I could be wrong. But the pushing of the date trends has been consistent for months and 9/16 was just the latest push out.

That makes more sense. It also makes sense that the phone bank CM would attempt to say that "Disneyland opens" on the 16th, because that's what their computer screen says that day.

I'm going to wait until we get an announcement from Governor Newsom on when California theme parks can begin planning to enter Phase 3, as we are still in Phase 2. And then await a further announcement from Disney itself for an official reopening date for Disneyland.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes

You could be right, and it’s probably easiest to assume that this is just another tentative date push back. However, this particular push back is unique for the reasons I explained prior; namely, the date push backs of recent times have always been through Saturdays for reservation availability starting on a Sunday. That’s how it has been done for a long while. Aug 5, aug 22, aug 29, sept 5, and now sept 16. This is the only date since the proposed opening date was scratched that fell in the middle of the week. A “middle of the week” opening is what happened last time it was actually proposed. Prior to that date push, it was the proposed hotel open of the 23rd, Also on a weird middle of the weekday, and prior to that was the 15th, which was right before the proposed opening, also in the middle of the week. Before that, they had been cancelling reservations in month increments (June 1, July 1). Correlating with that date, a user here in a different thread mentioned that a reservations CM told her to keep her reservation as they have a planned opening of Sept 16. I always take these with grains of salt, but this was backed by another user as well. And then I looked at good neighbor hotels and, though I didn’t check all and though I know some are already open, a couple had opening reservations for Sept 16. So are they doing that to match up with the Disneyland’s hotel model? I’m not sure, because I never checked them during the prior push backs so it could just be that.

ALSO, every single date push back has been announced on a Thursday, but this push back was announced yesterday I believe. The only days where this wasn’t the case were the July 15 date and July 23, both of which are significant to the initial proposed date of resort opening.That in and of itself makes this unique.

Honestly, you could be right that this is another nothing. It’s very probable that I’m grasping at straws 😂But there are certain factors that do make this unique, and that’s the fact here, which is why I’m crossing my fingers a little bit for this one while I wait for Newsom and Disney to say for certain haha

cmwade77

You're probably right, but if the State won't let theme parks open for the remainder of the year I can see them following in Knott's footsteps and opening Main Street and maybe even BVS for the Holiday season. I don't know, just a thought.
They would have to do a lot more than just Main Street and BVS, there just wouldn't be enough capacity and keep in mind they would ha e to do this for at least hours per week, as they would be required to bring back full time CMs first and give them full time hours. Additionally, due to union agreements they wouldn't be able to furlough those same cast members again. Due to the unions this is logistically a lot harder than at Knott's. I seriously doubt even Newsom will try to keep the theme parks closed the rest of the year, it would be political suicide.

cmwade77

Anything is possible but just doesn't seem doable at this point. Feels like we have a long way to go in the state to get to the point of reopening.
Not really, the state is already looking at how to safely reopen theme parks, September 16th is perfectly reasonable. But I don't think the person on the phone knows anything lot than you or I.

cmwade77

That makes more sense. It also makes sense that the phone bank CM would attempt to say that "Disneyland opens" on the 16th, because that's what their computer screen says that day.

I'm going to wait until we get an announcement from Governor Newsom on when California theme parks can begin planning to enter Phase 3, as we are still in Phase 2. And then await a further announcement from Disney itself for an official reopening date for Disneyland.
We are in phase 3, not phase 2, according to the states website.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
As a SeaWorld passholders, I would be delighted if the 28th was true
So this is what the calendar was like earlier today for Sea World....

Attachments

• 2FCA625C-03E3-48D9-8482-312DB497B1EF.jpeg
    2FCA625C-03E3-48D9-8482-312DB497B1EF.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 17AE2FD1-01D1-4589-8FF4-71EA29DF2E94.jpeg
    17AE2FD1-01D1-4589-8FF4-71EA29DF2E94.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 67

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
So this is what the calendar was like earlier today for Sea World....

And this is what it says now. So something is happening. Newsom either told them it’s too earlier and to wait, or they’re updating the calendar with proper times. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 51946367-8698-4144-BDF3-A9AE95A5A57E.jpeg
    51946367-8698-4144-BDF3-A9AE95A5A57E.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 64

mandelbrot

Okay sure a few maybe, but as a whole mass work force they make less working
Sure there are many CM's that don't make a lot while working for Disney but a lot of them had second jobs which they lost too. A lot of CM's also don't qualify for UI if they live with their parents and are claimed as dependents. Still there are many CM's who had been at the resort for a long time were making decent money.

Also a lot of CM's are in tipped positions and most of them are making substantially less on UI even if they get an extra $300-400 a week. Many were doing worse on UI even with the extra $600 a week. Jobs like servers, bartenders, bussers, valets, etc. will be some of the slowest to come back.

DLR>WDW

Both Universal Studios Hollywood and LegoLand have park hours starting in September, though I’m not sure if these have always been there, or if they were recently added.
CDEA4D80-46BE-4163-9A62-3D14A85D3A87.jpegD113D64A-8900-4C86-AFD0-87FEE444FA31.jpeg

cmwade77

I'm guessing the state will say something about theme parks within the next couple of weeks at the latest, especially if trends continue the way they are (and they most likely will).

ThreadMaster5

Sure there are many CM's that don't make a lot while working for Disney but a lot of them had second jobs which they lost too. A lot of CM's also don't qualify for UI if they live with their parents and are claimed as dependents. Still there are many CM's who had been at the resort for a long time were making decent money.

Also a lot of CM's are in tipped positions and most of them are making substantially less on UI even if they get an extra $300-400 a week. Many were doing worse on UI even with the extra $600 a week. Jobs like servers, bartenders, bussers, valets, etc. will be some of the slowest to come back.
Servers bartenders bussers are like MAYBE 2% of the work force lol so my statement still stand that yes some CMsare making less but as a whole they aren’t

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom