Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

Vegas Disney Fan

I mean, even some brown paint would make that look way better if replacing the entire thing has to wait for a refurb.

I don’t understand why Disney doesn’t do touch ups rather than letting everything fall apart waiting for the next refurb, touching up knicks and scratches is a cheap way to prevent further damage that will eventually require costly repairs.

DisAl

Have you ever seen pink sewage? It was supposedly a water purification process that normally takes place when the park is closed.

Sailor310

FYI:
Uses of Potassium Permanganate:

Just about all uses of potassium permanganate take advantage of its oxidizing properties. Because it doesn’t generate toxic byproducts in the process, there are many everyday uses for potassium permanganate.

The most common uses for the chemical compound are:

• Oxidation and synthesis
  • Water treatment
  • Municipal wastewater treatment
  • Industrial wastewater treatment
  • Metal surface treatment
  • Equipment cleaning
  • Purification of gases
  • Mining and metallurgical
  • Food processing
Potassium Permanganate for Water Treatment:

Potassium permanganate has an important role in the water treatment industry. Its purpose is to remove iron and hydrogen sulfide – the rotten egg smell – from well water. It also oxidizes manganese and controls taste and odor.

In terms of wastewater treatment, potassium permanganate oxidizes hydrogen sulfide, phenols, iron, manganese and many other inorganic and organic compounds. It improves sludge dewatering as well. Potassium permanganate is also effective at controlling nuisance organisms in freshwater and treatment systems.

MoonRakerSCM

From a friend-

The Red Rose Tavern had a sweage leak. It went into the Rivers of America first. Since the water is connected, it went into Jungle. The way they tried to fix it was putting this solution in the water that turned the water red/purple. Jungle was down from 11am till around 5.

I don't think any of this is new info but thought I'd share.
Curious, how would a sewage leak from Red Rose Tavern get into Rivers of America?

waltography

Rode RotR the other day. The only effects I could see that weren't working properly were the cannons (RIP) and the Kylo projection walking towards us.

Also, happy to report that Small World isn't lit like a HHN maze anymore.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m here today. Midway Mania and Little Mermaid are both looking tired but everything was working including some nice lighting effects on mermaid.

Radiator springs racers is looking great - sherif wasn’t moving but all other effects working.

TrainsOfDisney

Rise of the resistance is looking GREAT! Everything working except canons. 1st order in California is way rougher than in Florida and I loved it.

Disneyland Railroad is looking great as well.

Space Mountain looking good - was great to see the regular version again.

Alice is good but I noticed a lack of cleaning on the lamps and decorations outside. Lots of bird poop etc. that should be cleaned off. Should be part of daily cleaning and it’s been avoided for some time obviously.

Vegas Disney Fan

Sherif hasn’t been moving for a while now.
I haven’t seen the Sheriff or the first Mater move since the parks reopened over a year ago. Horrible show.

Lots of bird poop etc. Should be part of daily cleaning and it’s been avoided for some time obviously.

I noticed a lot of things like this our last trip. We ate at Jolly Holiday and the yellow umbrellas were nearly black with dirt and the wall was so covered in cob webs full of debris it looked like it hadn’t been touched in years. General cleaning seems to have largely stopped, I wonder if this is a cost cutting issue or a staffing issue?

Californian Elitist

I haven’t seen the Sheriff or the first Mater move since the parks reopened over a year ago. Horrible show.

I noticed a lot of things like this our last trip. We ate at Jolly Holiday and the yellow umbrellas were nearly black with dirt and the wall was so covered in cob webs full of debris it looked like it hadn’t been touched in years. General cleaning seems to have largely stopped, I wonder if this is a cost cutting issue or a staffing issue?
Wow. Horrible show, indeed. Sad.

I think the filth and maintenance is partially due to the lack of staffing. I’ve been at the park during 3rd shift (graveyard) hours, and I saw workers not only deep cleaning, but also pruning and working on the mechanics of rides. Then again, this was 11 years ago. Things have changed, it seems.

mickEblu

Rise of the resistance is looking GREAT! Everything working except canons. 1st order in California is way rougher than in Florida and I loved it.

Disneyland Railroad is looking great as well.

Space Mountain looking good - was great to see the regular version again.

Alice is good but I noticed a lack of cleaning on the lamps and decorations outside. Lots of bird poop etc. that should be cleaned off. Should be part of daily cleaning and it’s been avoided for some time obviously.

I rode regular Space Mountain last trip and found myself missing the energy of Hyperspace Mountain. It just doesn’t pack the same punch for me. I prefer both Hyperspace and IASW Holiday as I believe they only add and improve upon the core experience of those attractions without really taking anything away. Monsters After Dark at DCA too

TrainsOfDisney

I rode regular Space Mountain last trip and found myself missing the energy of Hyperspace Mountain. It just doesn’t pack the same punch for me. I prefer both Hyperspace and IASW Holiday as I believe they only add and improve upon the core experience of those attractions without really taking anything away. Monsters After Dark at DCA too
Oh I disagree on that one, I much prefer the classic space mountain!

I do enjoy small world holiday and nightmare mansion

D.Silentu

I rode regular Space Mountain last trip and found myself missing the energy of Hyperspace Mountain. It just doesn’t pack the same punch for me.
So you mean the version from the 70s through the 90s with no soundtrack?
I preferred it and I keep telling you, you're well on your way to the dark side! Post 2005 Space Mountain just doesn't have the same energy, the ride could really use some zest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom