Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

Sailor310

Someone created a WDW Maintenance thread after this one was created. DLR issues should be distinguished from WDW’s, as they are not always the same, therefore, it matters.

Here’s the WDW thread, for reference:

:)
I bet WDW has alot more problems due to all the rain and humidity. I worked at the Kennedy Space Center on and off for years and it seemed everything there rusted badly, even the Hilton. As I think about it, it's probably more the salt air combined with all the rain and humidity that made it so bad along the ocean. Still, Anaheim has such dry air and so little rain, I bet their battles with things like wood rot are much easier than WDW's.

DrAlice

View attachment 654157View attachment 654158
Not a photoshopped picture. Active sewage leak at Disneyland today. Affects both Jungle Cruise and the Davy Crockett canoes (both of which were temporarily closed after the incident). Mark Twain & Columbia are still running. Rivers of America isn't as effected, coloring only seen at Jungle Cruise.
As a microbiologist, my official response to this is: o_O🤢🤮

It sure is a good thing that the pandemic is "over" and that the virus isn't shed in feces. Oh wait......

PiratesMansion

Not a photoshopped picture. Active sewage leak at Disneyland today. Affects both Jungle Cruise and the Davy Crockett canoes (both of which were temporarily closed after the incident). Mark Twain & Columbia are still running. Rivers of America isn't as effected, coloring only seen at Jungle Cruise.
At least it didn't happen at Splash Mountain?

truecoat

I’ve personally never seen purple sewage before, so maybe you’re right.

@DrAlice Would you be able to tell us why the sewage is that purple-ish, pink-ish color?

Purple Rain Movie GIF by Bounce

smooch

I am really curious of what chemicals must have leaked to cause that color, it does look very pretty. It actually looks a bit like one of my ink samples for my pens, maybe they spilled a couple gallons of that 🤣

DrAlice

I’ve personally never seen purple sewage before, so maybe you’re right.

@DrAlice Would you be able to tell us why the sewage is that purple-ish, pink-ish color?
I don't know off-hand (public water supply is not in my wheelhouse). My first thought was the same as @The Mom said: chemical of some sort.

Although, one can never rule out a good Purple Rain. Purple Rain... Puurrrrple Rain.... (Thanks @truecoat it's not going to leave my head now. haha)

SuddenStorm

Oh my goodness imagine the joke potential for the handful of boats that had to have gone through this. A good skipper could have had a field day.

"Uh oh, we're in deep doo doo"
"This part of the ride stinks... like my jokes!"

SuddenStorm

From a friend-

The Red Rose Tavern had a sweage leak. It went into the Rivers of America first. Since the water is connected, it went into Jungle. The way they tried to fix it was putting this solution in the water that turned the water red/purple. Jungle was down from 11am till around 5.

I don't think any of this is new info but thought I'd share.

NateD1226

“Select locations at Disneyland underwent water treatment on Monday, July 18 that resulted in the water turning a purple/pink tint, according to Disneyland officials.

No Disneyland guests rode on the Jungle Cruise attraction during the temporary water treatment process, according to Disneyland officials.

The Jungle Cruise was closed for a short period of time on Monday as part of a standard water treatment process used to treat bodies of water throughout the Disneyland resort. The pink waters dissipated within a few hours and the attraction returned to normal operation later in the day.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom