Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

SuddenStorm

I rode regular Space Mountain last trip and found myself missing the energy of Hyperspace Mountain. It just doesn’t pack the same punch for me. I prefer both Hyperspace and IASW Holiday as I believe they only add and improve upon the core experience of those attractions without really taking anything away. Monsters After Dark at DCA too

Agreed on small world holiday, but I found Monsters After Dark to be grating and Hyperspace Mountain, while fun, isn't quite 'Space Mountain' fun.

But none of those overlays are offensively bad like Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Castle Cake Apologist

Here's a video of Indy from this month. Absolutely pathetic that it's being allowed to operate in this state. The silent and motionless finale is literally so awkward and embarrassing (especially considering the EMV still appears to go through the motion profile of the room, so you're just bouncing around for no reason). I'm also hearing that the static snake is considered permanent now, and the animatronic will likely not return. Disney has been making a push for some time now to remove anything that hangs over or lunges out toward the ride envelope, so I'm assuming the snake was a victim of that... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they removed the hanging Indy animatronic at some point too, not that he really even moves anymore...

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Here's a video of Indy from this month. Absolutely pathetic that it's being allowed to operate in this state. The silent and motionless finale is literally so awkward and embarrassing (especially considering the EMV still appears to go through the motion profile of the room, so you're just bouncing around for no reason). I'm also hearing that the static snake is considered permanent now, and the animatronic will likely not return. Disney has been making a push for some time now to remove anything that hangs over or lunges out toward the ride envelope, so I'm assuming the snake was a victim of that... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they removed the hanging Indy animatronic at some point too, not that he really even moves anymore...

I think that finale can happen randomly when the ride gets backed up like that. A sync issue. It’s rare but can happen.

Castle Cake Apologist

I think that finale can happen randomly when the ride gets backed up like that. A sync issue. It’s rare but can happen.

I hope that's the case here, but another poster in this thread recently mentioned that the finale room was motionless for them as well, and comments on the video itself also allude to the finale walls not working on other people's rides.

So either back ups are just happening way more than usual lately, or it's just broken and being allowed to run. Hopefully the former, but even that begs the question of why.

Castle Cake Apologist

I've been going weekly during July and not once has the finale worked. They had a short refurb earlier this year that fixed the entire scene (everything was working), but a month or so passed and it was already broken again.

That's what I was afraid of. Just absolutely pathetic on a mind-blowing level that this is what passes for acceptable show now. I wouldn't put it past them one bit to restore the spinning motion of the boulder, throw up some strobes, and call it a day. They gave up on fixing the original rotating doors effect at the beginning of the ride and threw up some projections, I imagine modern Disney management likely doesn't see the point in fixing such a large set piece ($$$).

When I worked in Ops at WDW way back in the day, we would shut down Carousel of Progress if Uncle Orville's fan wasn't blowing. Something that minor on an attraction that struggled to fill a fourth of its capacity was considered show essential. Now the entire climax of a major ride sits broken and silent while confused guests bounce around under a virtually motionless animatronic. How did we reach this point?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
How did we reach this point?
6obtm7.jpg

Dear Prudence

ALL OF THIS

mickEblu

Went on Indy for the first time in a year last night. My son finally hit 46 inches! We used that Simba card/ Lightning Lane they give to families who barely miss the height requirement that allows you to come back when they re tall enough.

I can deal with the revolving doors not working. I can deal with the snake not moving. I can deal with the rat projection not working (in fact I prefer it) but the boulder not moving in the finale? Cmon Disney, get it together. With that said my son loved it. I think Indy and ROTR are his two favorite rides at DL.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I’m back after a weekend elsewhere in Cali. Splash looks pretty good but some really bad lighting. A few AA’s not working but over all acceptable show - except for lighting.

A CM came out of the exit in a stretcher when I was waiting for splash. Not sure what happens but hope they are ok.

Winnie the Pooh looks pretty good…. The “dream sequence” the original Pooh stays lit rather than going black but other than that nice lighting effects are working.

Apparently cups of water are just water and no ice in some locations now? About to do jungle cruise - will report more!

TrainsOfDisney

Jungle cruise was ok. Several major AA’s not working - first time seeing the changes. I guess the theme is monkeys and catching butterflies now? Had a good skipper.

I was expecting today to be slow but it’s really busy. Not sure why a “sold out” day feels way busier than other sold out days?

mickEblu

Jungle cruise was ok. Several major AA’s not working - first time seeing the changes. I guess the theme is monkeys and catching butterflies now? Had a good skipper.

I was expecting today to be slow but it’s really busy. Not sure why a “sold out” day feels way busier than other sold out days?

I guess “busy” is subjective but yesterday seemed on the light side for a Sunday. Peter Pan had a 25 min wait in the afternoon and usual pinch joints weren’t too bad. I don’t understand why a Sunday would be better than a Monday when the lower tier Keys are blacked out. Unless it’s the So Cal weekday 3 day passes they re selling? With that said I think for a 20$ up charge you had the option of going on weekends.

PiratesMansion

I guess “busy” is subjective but yesterday seemed on the light side for a Sunday. Peter Pan had a 25 min wait in the afternoon and usual pinch joints weren’t too bad. I don’t understand why a Sunday would be better than a Monday when the lower tier Keys are blacked out. Unless it’s the So Cal weekday 3 day passes they re selling? With that said I think for a 20$ up charge you had the option of going on weekends.
My first day last week was a Sunday. It felt markedly less busy than the following four days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom