Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

eddie104

What do people do when they discover wood rot in their homes?
Disney should definitely fix this issue as soon as possible. I’m just saying the average guest is not paying attention to some random area with rotting wood.

Personally for me this wouldn’t ruin my experience at the parks. They are decades old and might have a scratch or two as well as some blemishes here and there.

That’s just my opinion and I understand why a lot you guys feel the way you do.

wdrive

Wood rotting is not something Disney can control. That’s due to natural factors like weather.

I totally get other issues like Animatronics not working or missing effects. But this screams nit picking to the tenth degree.

It absolutely is. They can replace the wood. Okay I don’t expect this to be fixed overnight or even in a week, but an entire year? They are clearly ignoring it.

Do we just ignore the effects of anything natural at Disneyland? Why bother cutting the grass, nature just makes it grow again, Small World facade all faded due to sunlight? Those darn natural factors!

drizgirl

Disney should definitely fix this issue as soon as possible. I’m just saying the average guest is not paying attention to some random area with rotting wood.

Personally for me this wouldn’t ruin my experience at the parks. They are decades old and might have a scratch or two as well as some blemishes here and there.

That’s just my opinion and I understand why a lot you guys feel the way you do.
And if I see wood rotting in random areas, I find myself also wondering if they have also neglected maintenance in areas I can't see, like on the rides they operate.

Sailor310

Walt Disney was so big on show and having the park pristine. I think people are reacting to the lack of attention to that.
I'll add my own pet peeve. On the right side of the train, at eye level, two feet from the train, just as you pull into It's A Small World there is a horizontal board that's rotting and pulling up at it's nails. We even mentioned it to city hall. There were two boards next to each other. They fixed one but just left the other.

DisAl

This post is absolutely silly like who pays attention to stuff like this ?

Things have wear and tear and don’t last forever.

Not saying Disney shouldn’t fix this but come on now are we really going to the parks and searching for things like this ?
I wasn't searching for it, it was plainly visible right in front of me while I was sitting on a bench next to Town Hall. The point is that WDW used to have pride in keeping the parks in as good shape as possible. Now you see rotting wood, lights out, effects on rides not working, mediocre food, and more. You would think as much as the prices have gone up they would at least be taking better care of the place. Like another poster I wonder if there is a disaster waiting to happen because of poor maintenance.

eddie104

I wasn't searching for it, it was plainly visible right in front of me while I was sitting on a bench next to Town Hall. The point is that WDW used to have pride in keeping the parks in as good shape as possible. Now you see rotting wood, lights out, effects on rides not working, mediocre food, and more. You would think as much as the prices have gone up they would at least be taking better care of the place. Like another poster I wonder if there is a disaster waiting to happen because of poor maintenance.
This is the Disneyland thread mind you…so I have no clue why WDW is even a topic of discussion.

Some people look at those aspects and choose wisely with their wallets. Standards have slipped in certain areas but everything is not doom and gloom.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

This is a bit of an aside, though it does have to do with declining maintenance standards,- but did anyone on here see the sign that fell in Tomorrowland uncovering an old Magic Eye/Space Place sign a couple weeks back? Davide Koenig shared it on Facebook-

1658026923793.png

I mean- it's pretty ridiculous that the restroom sign fell, but also, how cool is this. Makes you wonder what other pieces of Yesterland are out there- just painted over or covered up. There's some neat stuff backstage but something like this onstage is awesome.

DisAl

Some people think Disneyland is in Florida.
I very well know that Disneyland is in California and Disney World is in Florida. I have been to both.
It doesn't matter that the original poster was talking about Disneyland. The same culture of higher prices, lower quality and lack of maintenance exists in both locations.

Californian Elitist

I very well know that Disneyland is in California and Disney World is in Florida. I have been to both.
It doesn't matter that the original poster was talking about Disneyland. The same culture of higher prices, lower quality and lack of maintenance exists in both locations.
Someone created a WDW Maintenance thread after this one was created. DLR issues should be distinguished from WDW’s, as they are not always the same, therefore, it matters.

Here’s the WDW thread, for reference:

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom