Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

Disney Analyst

Yes. I don't get either. I've been going since 1964. Touring Plans crowd history showed ( where 10/10 is worst case crowds): Mon, July 25 9/10, Tues 9/10, Wed 10/10, Thurs 10/10, Fri 7/10, Sat 7/10. Sun 6/10. Enchant and Imagine Keys are blacked out. It's been similar for some time. Sundays are the lightest days. Fri not bad. Sat not bad. Mon-Thurs are often worst days of the week-with EN and IM passes blocked. I understand tourists are here on weekdays, but you'd think Joe LA worker has Sat and Sun off and would show up? I might have to spend a little more to pick up Sundays if passes come back.

The weekends are also the most expensive days for tickets for Non-AP’s, so that may also thin the heard.

TrainsOfDisney

Indiana Jones isn’t that bad. The fire and
and fog effects are all working. That’s more physical effects than you’ll ever see on Rise! (0).

The snake isn’t that great when it’s working.

The boulder is what it is. It’s a yeti b mode.

mickEblu

and fog effects are all working. That’s more physical effects than you’ll ever see on Rise! (0).

I’ll give you the snake. That thing has sucked for years.

But the boulder “is what it is?”

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Went on Indy for the first time in a year last night. My son finally hit 46 inches! We used that Simba card/ Lightning Lane they give to families who barley miss the height requirement that allows you to come back when they re tall enough.

I can deal with the revolving doors not working. I can deal with the snake not moving. I can deal with the rat projection not working (in fact I prefer it) but the boulder not moving in the finale? Cmon Disney, get it together. With that said my son loved it. I think Indy and ROTR are his two favorite rides at DL.

And it's been that way for months. It was like that when I went a few years ago.

It's asinine that they think it's acceptable to run an attraction with the finale not working- for months.

SuddenStorm

To be fair, I hardly think Rise is the standard we should be holding these rides too. It's big and flashy- but lacks the substance and soul required to make it a timeless classic.

In 20 years I expect it will have many changes- especially since Disney seems to be actively avoiding the sequel era characters with their new Star Wars content. It won't be like Pirates, Mansion, Splash, Indy, Big Thunder- that can exist for decades with minimal changes.

Too Many Hats

Indiana Jones isn’t that bad.

No, it's bad.

The fire and
and fog effects are all working.

Wait, really? I haven't seen the fog in forever. Its absence is not often reported but it's a critical effect; without it, the "temple" feels a lot more like a soundstage. Glad to hear this.

That’s more physical effects than you’ll ever see on Rise! (0).

Weird dig.

What.

What.

Dear Prudence

Rise gave me Vertigo so badly, but then it broke down and we had to be evacuated. I don't think I could have spent any more time on it without puking. Both times I ride Smugglers' Run, the screens glitched and controllers were not working.

PiratesMansion

Tokyo really is the only option folks.
Normally I'd agree, but seeing as you basically can't get into Japan right now unless you're part of a tour group, and the resort itself is currently somewhat dysfunctional to the point that allegedly you can't even guarantee getting multi-day tickets right now (and the number of places to buy tickets that are accessible to foreigners has shrunk dramatically), I'm sitting Tokyo out until they get their stuff together.

SuddenStorm

Normally I'd agree, but seeing as you basically can't get into Japan right now unless you're part of a tour group, and the resort itself is currently somewhat dysfunctional to the point that allegedly you can't even guarantee getting multi-day tickets right now (and the number of places to buy tickets that are accessible to foreigners has shrunk dramatically), I'm sitting Tokyo out until they get their stuff together.

My friends and I have plans to go to Tokyo- just waiting until things normalize. International travel is still a huge pain.

Californian Elitist

You’re right, Japan is closed for the majority of tourists. It sucks, but I understand. Hopefully it won’t be this way for too many more years.

PiratesMansion

You’re right, Japan is closed for the majority of tourists. It sucks, but I understand. Hopefully it won’t be this way for too many more years.
On one hand, I suppose I understand their reticence because (gestures at everything happening in the world).

That said, I do worry that their generalized xenophobia towards the rest of the world will keep the country closed longer than necessary.

Californian Elitist

On one hand, I suppose I understand their reticence because (gestures at everything happening in the world).

That said, I do worry that their generalized xenophobia towards the rest of the world will keep the country closed longer than necessary.
I’ve never been to Japan, but based on what I’ve learned about the Japanese, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of two years pass before they reopen. We’ll see!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom