Disneyland Half Marathon

Katherine

Keep in mind that they offered registration at the WDW Expo, I'd imagine at the Tinkerbell Expo as well. And also Disney Visa members got the change to register a week or two ago as well. So alot of the Disney running community already had the opportunity to register. I wouldn't be surprised if 60%+ of that 65% was pre-registers through one of those 3 methods.

Not to mention if you did the Half or the Full at WDW Marathon then you're probably going to go for your coast to coast at the DLR Half Weekend not the Tink and then combine that with the excitement of 2 inaugural races = perfect storm.

a2grafix

Update: as of Jan. 23 at 10:42 CST, 94-percent full for the Disneyland Half Marathon.

Will it sell out soon? Will this be a record?

Pretty glad I decided to register for the race Tuesday morning.

Family 5K is at 62-percent capacity.

Keep in mind that they offered registration at the WDW Expo, I'd imagine at the Tinkerbell Expo as well. And also Disney Visa members got the change to register a week or two ago as well. So alot of the Disney running community already had the opportunity to register. I wouldn't be surprised if 60%+ of that 65% was pre-registers through one of those 3 methods.

Unfortunately my last runDisney race was the 2012 Tower of Terror 10 miler. If the 2013 Disneyland Half was open for preregistration I would have jumped on it. But shocked to see the race pretty much filled the day registration opened to the public.

Hannah1284

So glad I registered right at noon yesterday!
My hubs made a rather quick decision to run with me and I got him in yesterday evening.

I'll be doing DDD. A friend is running (or walking...) the 10k portion with me and DH will be doing the half with me! Woohoo!!

We've never been to DLR so I am super psyched. Just gotta survive the Princess half in a few weeks and I'll be looking at 4 medals in September!

Any tips for a new DLR guest? I've heard a lot of suggestions to stay off property... and the prices are def enticing!

LindsayLoves

My hubs made a rather quick decision to run with me and I got him in yesterday evening.

I'll be doing DDD. A friend is running (or walking...) the 10k portion with me and DH will be doing the half with me! Woohoo!!

We've never been to DLR so I am super psyched. Just gotta survive the Princess half in a few weeks and I'll be looking at 4 medals in September!

Any tips for a new DLR guest? I've heard a lot of suggestions to stay off property... and the prices are def enticing!

Congrats on making it in to the coveted DDD! Very cool that you will have support with you for both races.

Katherine

... I'll be looking at 4 medals in September!

... and this is why I'm so excited for the Dumbo DD! Good luck at the Princess Half, I had a blast running it last year! Disneyland is awesome and what better way to introduce yourself to the parks than running through them :)

Mad Stitch

Wow, sold out in two days. I'm seeing posts where people registered for the 10k and half separately, and their hoping Disney decides to credit them with Dumbo.

LindsayLoves

Wow, sold out in two days. I'm seeing posts where people registered for the 10k and half separately, and their hoping Disney decides to credit them with Dumbo.

Of course people are doing this they like to make up their own rules. They will get the Dumbo experience but NOT the medal which I guess is the important part for most people.

MKCP 1985

Of course people are doing this they like to make up their own rules. They will get the Dumbo experience but NOT the medal which I guess is the important part for most people.

medal and shirt. That's the reason for the extra cost, I suppose.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda - Wisha I had been able to get into this one! :) Congrats and enjoy to those who did!

dreamfinder

medal and shirt. That's the reason for the extra cost, I suppose.

Ayup. No medal, and no shirt. I imagine that they will either
a) Use Wristbands like Goofy used to do and they have done for the Coast to Coast medal
b) Use the same bib for both events, and only people with that bib will be able to claim a Dumbo medal

Mad Stitch

So the bib is the only thing that identifies Goofy runners? I thought they had wrist bands also. If someone runs the full and their buddy runs Goofy, what’s preventing the full runner from pinning on the bib of his buddy and getting his own medal?

Ariel484

So the bib is the only thing that identifies Goofy runners? I thought they had wrist bands also. If someone runs the full and their buddy runs Goofy, what’s preventing the full runner from pinning on the bib of his buddy and getting his own medal?
Yeah, just the bib. They had the wristbands in the past, but last year they moved to giving Goofy runners one Goofy bib to use for both races instead of a bib for the half and full. And there's nothing preventing someone who only ran the full from getting the Goofy medal...when I finished the full I just walked up to the Goofy tent and they gave me the medal, didn't verify my pace or that I'd finished the half or anything like that. I'm not surprised by this considering that Disney gives medals to people who don't even finish the races (i.e. people that get swept)...:rolleyes:

Mad Stitch

They didn’t verify my pace or that I finished when I received my C2C medal either. They just cut off my wrist band and gave me the medal. This made me think though, they must order extra medals because it sure would be embarrassing if they ran out due to dishonest people. I wonder what happens to any leftover medals. I picture children in Africa wearing them along with the champions t-shirt of the loosing Super Bowl team.

dreamfinder

They didn’t verify my pace or that I finished when I received my C2C medal either. They just cut off my wrist band and gave me the medal. This made me think though, they must order extra medals because it sure would be embarrassing if they ran out due to dishonest people. I wonder what happens to any leftover medals. I picture children in Africa wearing them along with the champions t-shirt of the loosing Super Bowl team.

I've been at other events that ran out of medals. They blamed bandits, but I imagine they just under ordered. They did offer to mail medals to anyone who didn't get them once extras came in. Can't see runDisney doing that since they don't even actually mail out finishers certificates any more.

melflip8

Hey All!

Just found this thread and I will be heading out to the DLR for the FIRST TIME EVER! To take part in the Half and claim my Coast to Coast, or what I call..."A Glorious 3 Hour Finale...to my WDW Half Marathon."

I'm nervous and excited at the same time to go out there, but I've heard the course is awesome and I am about as hopped up as Tigger on a sweet Spring day...get it, spring? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom