Disneyland Half Marathon

LindsayLoves

I cannot wait! I'm thinking of going full-force and doing the Dumbo Challenge...crazy?

Its half as crazy as the Goofy :p

I am thinking Dumbo as well, if I am making the trip to the west coast I might as well go "all in". Also a good prep for maybe doing Goofy down the line - there aren't a ton of chances for back to back races (other than the Runner's World race weekend in PA which looks beautiful)

Hannah1284

Its half as crazy as the Goofy :p

I am thinking Dumbo as well, if I am making the trip to the west coast I might as well go "all in". Also a good prep for maybe doing Goofy down the line - there aren't a ton of chances for back to back races (other than the Runner's World race weekend in PA which looks beautiful)

What Runner's World Race? I'm from PA.

And I am not crazy enough for Goofy...just yet, haha. I'm thinking an extra 6 the day before is just like a training run...

Hannah1284

Not at all. Adding in the 10k if you have been training for a half isn't bad. I think this event will be very popular due to the distances, before the medal even gets released.

That's what I was thinking. I'm concerned about getting out there in time for it though. We will prob fly out on Friday so I'm worried about being there for packet pick up on Friday...

LindsayLoves

What Runner's World Race? I'm from PA.

And I am not crazy enough for Goofy...just yet, haha. I'm thinking an extra 6 the day before is just like a training run...

Its the Runner's World Half and Festival
http://rw.runnersworld.com/rwhalf/about.html
October 18, 19, 20 in Bethlehem, PA
You can do all three events 5k, 10k and half or just a single event if you want.

From the looks of it (I have never gone before) it is a good runner oriented weekend with cool seminars

Hannah1284

Its the Runner's World Half and Festival
http://rw.runnersworld.com/rwhalf/about.html
October 18, 19, 20 in Bethlehem, PA
You can do all three events 5k, 10k and half or just a single event if you want.

From the looks of it (I have never gone before) it is a good runner oriented weekend with cool seminars

Sounds really cool! Maybe I'll add it to my list. I'm trying to do thirteen events in 2013!
So far I have the Princess Half in Feb, NWM1/2 in DC and Hershey 10k in April, Run for your Lives in August, and looking at both Disneyland Half and the 10k in Sept. That leaves me with 7 more...knocking two off (5k and 10k i'm thinking...) in Oct would be great! Also looking at a color run in July and a similar color race in March. Probably a Walk in June... Still looking for something in May, Nov and Dec.

LindsayLoves

It has sold out!

(No I didn't make it in time, who would've thought you would need to be at your computer at noon to get in! I wasn't even rushing it, took my time getting back to my office for lunch and bam look what happens!)

a2grafix

A little more than 48 hours after I ran my first half marathon, I registered for my second, the 2013 Disneyland Half. Haven't been to Anaheim in over 3 years. Registration is about $100 more for the Louisiana Half Marathon.

See you Labor Day weekend.

MKCP 1985

Dumbo Double Dare 95% full on the first day of public registration! OMG!
As LindsayLoves has noted, the Dumbo Double Dare is already sold out. Question is whether they will have a waitlist.

Website says 95% full, but when you try to register, it is full and you can't register.

a2grafix

219 days until the the Disneyland Half weekend, and the Dumbo Double Dare and the 10K are both SOLD OUT.

In SIX HOURS since registration opened to the public.

The half marathon is already 65-percent full.

Popular?

That's why I registered quickly for the half. Hoping to run two hlaf marathons on both coasts in a 3-month span.

TakeMeThere81

Ok I thought I was nuts and missed registration by weeks or something! One day?!? That's messed up! I really wanted to register for the Dumbo Dare! :((( I will definitely be watching to see if somehow they increase eligible participants!

Katherine

So I thought I saw the Half at 80% full earlier today, but now it's back at 65%. Either my memory is messing with me or they opened up more spots for the half.

dreamfinder

219 days until the the Disneyland Half weekend, and the Dumbo Double Dare and the 10K are both SOLD OUT.

The half marathon is already 65-percent full.

Popular?

That's why I registered quickly for the half. Hoping to run two hlaf marathons on both coasts in a 3-month span.

Keep in mind that they offered registration at the WDW Expo, I'd imagine at the Tinkerbell Expo as well. And also Disney Visa members got the change to register a week or two ago as well. So alot of the Disney running community already had the opportunity to register. I wouldn't be surprised if 60%+ of that 65% was pre-registers through one of those 3 methods.

TakeMeThere81

Keep in mind that they offered registration at the WDW Expo, I'd imagine at the Tinkerbell Expo as well. And also Disney Visa members got the change to register a week or two ago as well. So alot of the Disney running community already had the opportunity to register. I wouldn't be surprised if 60%+ of that 65% was pre-registers through one of those 3 methods.

Man! I wonder if they did that for annual pass holders too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom