Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I arrive in Anaheim this week.
Perhaps I will have a front row seat to the pre-install action…and maybe early next week install action?

Oooo….

( packs camera in carry on bag…)

-
Not sure how much will be visible as it's mostly taking place after hours but... it will be good once it's in. Will take a while to do programming, restaging, rehearsals, etc, but it should debut this upcoming winter, be it late this year or early next.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Via NekoRyu on the /r/disneyland discord, the pyro is back - "the green flares, czernabog, finale." Not only that, the spinners in the finale are back!
IMG_5470.jpg

And they've apparently moved some of the pyro from the barges onto the island. I don't have a video of this as there are no livestreamers watching the show tonight, but as it would seem the pyro is better than it's been for a while. Last night was a fluke.

If you check 9:25:05 PM on the Mattercam you'll see that almost all the pyro *seems* to have returned to the finale just based on the frequency of flashing lights on the far left corner

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No

A stream of the second showing. Mickey pyro is back 👀, both mines and fingers. Also flares pre-Jungle scene. Genie scene pyro is back, as is Columbia cannon. Mickey entering the Magic Mirror, and Old Witch pyro is back. night on bald mountain pyro is back. Same with all battle scene pyro. Best part is - FULL FINALE PYRO!!

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Finale (barge) pyro finally restored. Just took too dang long, but glad it's back...again lol.

But lots of tech issues seems like. At least during the 10:30pm show tonight (9/16), only 2 of the 6 barges were used in the finale.

Also the mimes in the finale seem "smaller" now. Less stars and oomph. They were the original cause to why the barges got pulled from the show months ago after some misfires, so maybe they changed the product to something smaller and safer..

Disney Analyst

Finale (barge) pyro finally restored. Just took too dang long, but glad it's back...again lol.

But lots of tech issues seems like. At least during the 10:30pm show tonight (9/16), only 2 of the 6 barges were used in the finale.

Also the mimes in the finale seem "smaller" now. Less stars and oomph. They were the original cause to why the barges got pulled from the show months ago after some misfires, so maybe they changed the product to something smaller and safer..

There’s still a bunch of pyro missing, although definitely improved. Doesn’t look like they are using all the pyro barges yet.

Consumer

So how does this alleged new dragon compare to the old one? Is it identical or is it a new design entirely? Will it still shoot fire? Anything less will be a downgrade in my eyes.

Figments Friend

Very happy to hear there is progress happening with the installation of the new Dragon.
Looking forward to hearing more about her, and of course what she is going to look like in comparison to her last incarnation.

Do we have any leads on who the supplier is for the Dragon?
I am aware of it being built overseas in Europe, but does anyone have a company name?
My guess is it is being built by a supplier that deals primarily with European theme parks, as there are some amazing AA type props and figures used.

Very happy that Disneyland is doing the right thing and seeking a worthy replacement.
There were some doubts as to if they would bother, but I trusted that TDA would realize this is a major show element and selling point that could not be ignored.
But let us all wait and see what the final result is.
Garner Holt’s ‘Murphy’ is a going to be a tough act to follow.

-

Sneaky

I don't have a ton of info but it's supposedly bigger, more advanced, and yes still shooting fire.
I wonder when they’ll announce it, or if it’ll be more reliable? Guessing it’s the big thing for the 70th. Wonder if anything else big is gonna happen for the anniversary. I do wonder if any other changes will come to FANT, like any new scenes, updated/classic style score, or the return of any other destoryed elements? And if Peter Pan is permanent?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I wonder when they’ll announce it, or if it’ll be more reliable? Guessing it’s the big thing for the 70th. Wonder if anything else big is gonna happen for the anniversary. I do wonder if any other changes will come to FANT, like any new scenes, updated/classic style score, or the return of any other destoryed elements? And if Peter Pan is permanent?
They're not going to revert the score IMO, they probably spent a considerable amount to reorchestrate Peter Pan to fit the current soundtrack, Peter Pan is permanent. I don't see them changing up the show again aside from the dragon return, maybe they'll bring back Tick tock the croc? But like I said they just re did all that stuff I don't think they're going to do it again.

gerarar

Premium Member
They're not going to revert the score IMO, they probably spent a considerable amount to reorchestrate Peter Pan to fit the current soundtrack, Peter Pan is permanent. I don't see them changing up the show again aside from the dragon return, maybe they'll bring back Tick tock the croc? But like I said they just re did all that stuff I don't think they're going to do it again.
They need to fix the transition from Peter Pan to the Princess Segment/Aladdin. It’s so abrupt and bad imo.

Also probably in the minority, but the Peter Pan scene takes way too long. Wish they could speed it up or something. Like if you’re watching it from the right side, the entire scene feels like it drags too long imo.

And last, utilize the tech better. Lights, lasers, projections. They were all dialed back in 2.5 it’s just sad..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom