News Disneyland cancels Annual Pass program

TP2000

I'm with TP....I've never heard the term 'sunsetting' used before today.

Must be our age.
We are both seasoned like fine wine and quality cheese.

-

Thank you!

This is the second time today where I thought maybe I was losing my mind, but then some nice person swoops in and says "I'm with TP on this one..."

And then when Fresh Baked began his video by gently explaining what Mr. Potrock meant by "sunsetting", then I just laughed out loud. 🤣

As for Fresh Baked, I'm ending his latest YouTube video. And he's actually quite rational and sane about this. He even acknowledges, like many of us here, that "the time for Annual Passes has ended" and he admits that it has nothing to do with Covid; it was a huge problem even before Covid.

I have a hard time keeping my neckbeard bloggers straight, but Fresh Baked seems sane and normal as he reflects on this big news today.

Someone find me a blogger who is freaking out please! I opened a good bottle of wine and everything...

D

Deleted member 107043

DVC may get some perks or first dibs but my gut tells me it will be all reservation based but still an annual passport type of program.

Yeah, I fully expect there to be a new "membership" program of some sort that encourages repeat visits, especially for locals. Given where we are with technology reservation slots seem like a real possibility. I'm very curious what implications this has for the industry both in the LA region and at large in the future. Historically Disney has often set the standard for everyone to follow.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Thank you!

This is the second time today where I thought maybe I was losing my mind, but then some nice person swoops in and says "I'm with TP on this one..."

And then when Fresh Baked began his video by gently explaining what Mr. Potrock meant by "sunsetting", then I just laughed out loud. 🤣

As for Fresh Baked, I'm ending his latest YouTube video. And he's actually quite rational and sane about this. He even acknowledges, like many of us here, that "the time for Annual Passes has ended" and he admits that it has nothing to do with Covid; it was a huge problem even before Covid.

I have a hard time keeping my neckbeard bloggers straight, but Fresh Baked seems sane and normal as he reflects on this big news today.

Someone find me a blogger who is freaking out please! I opened a good bottle of wine and everything...
Look up Five Fires.

Figments Friend

@TP2000 , if you want some entertainment, get your tush over to Twitter NOW.
'Disneyland' is currently trending as #2 at this moment, and the posts are your typical fodder of hilarity, anger, and all sorts.
Some gems among the dumpster fires, however.

I'm not a fan of Twitter , but when drama unfurls it's the place to be to watch the fun.

( munches on second bag of popcorn )

-

TP2000

@TP2000 , if you want some entertainment, get your tush over to Twitter NOW.
'Disneyland' is currently trending as #2 at this moment, and the posts are your typical fodder of hilarity, anger, and all sorts.
Some gems among the dumpster fires, however.

I'm not a fan of Twitter , but when drama unfurls it's the place to be to watch the fun.

( munches on second bag of popcorn )

-

Oh, wow, you're right! Thank you dear lady. I'm only a few dozen Tweets in and already I can feel the flames coming through my screen. Fabulous!

Mouse Trap

I’m less interested in what this new “Membership offering” will encompass than what it’s going to be referred to as.

Do we now talk about being a Disneyland Member like it’s an exclusive club? Are we getting official Mickey Mouse Club passes now?

Mouse Trap

no. they are already at knotts. send them to six flags leave disney and knotts alone

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Disney has already hinted at some sort of comparable system. While the days of unlimited park visits may be over, the vloggers were certainly have some kind of “membership” to access the park on a semi-frequent basis. But yes, Disney did just clean house a bit and we’ll see nowhere near the same volume of people who somehow have the time to hangout at the parks every single night.

Figments Friend

i just realized -

Without a Disneyland Annual Pass, where are all the local social media vloggers and 'influencers' going to get their 'unfounded entitlement' fix?

Without a Disneyland Annual Pass, where are all the local roaming gangs of uniformed 'DLR Social Clubs' going to get off on acting like they own the place...?

Without a Disneyland Annual Pass, where are the local eBay 'flippers' who make a second income on the side going to do for aquiring Limited Edition Park exclusive merchandise ( at a discount ) to resell...??

The world just imploded.
I mean....the Land just imploded.

I can feel the ground trembling from aftershocks here, under my feet 2,400 miles away.

-

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Disney has already hinted at some sort of comparable system. While the days of unlimited park visits may be over, the vloggers were certainly have some kind of “membership” to access the park on a semi-frequent basis. But yes, Disney did just clean house a bit and we’ll see nowhere near the same volume of people who somehow have the time to hangout at the parks every single night.
Won't be the same as before. this is a major blow to their kind. there is no going back. sure their will be another program but vlogging at disneyland as it was will never be the same. the days will be long gone where they can just pop into the park after work then go home.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

i just realized -

Without a Disneyland Annual Pass, where are all the local social media peeps and influencers going to get their 'unfounded entitlement' fix?

Without a Disneyland Annual Pass, where are all the local roaming gangs or 'DLR Social Clubs' going to get off on acting like they own the place...?

Without a Disneyland Annual Pass, where are the local eBay 'flippers' who make a second income on the side going to do for aquiring Limited Edition Park exclusive merchandise...??

The world just imploded.
I mean....the land just imploded.
I can hear the aftershocks resenting here, 2,400 miles away.

-
Sounds glorious to me.

Mouse Trap

Won't be the same as before. this is a major blow to their kind. there is no going back. sure their will be another program but vlogging at disneyland as it was will never be the same. the days will be long gone where they can just pop into the park after work then go home.
I wouldn’t say there’s no going back. It all comes down to mighty dollar — time will tell though. Empty parks (if) aren’t good for Disney’s bottom line, so we’ll see what transpires over the next couple of years.

It’ll be interesting to see what this “membership” is regardless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom