News Disneyland cancels Annual Pass program

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
“Disneyland has canceled its annual passholder program out of concern that demand by fans using the popular membership program could overwhelm Disney’s capacity-constrained Anaheim theme parks once an extended coronavirus closure eventually comes to an end.

Disneyland will start issuing prorated refunds to annual passholders starting Thursday, Jan. 14, according to Disney officials. Disneyland officials won’t say how many people have annual passes, but theme park industry observers have estimated the number to be 1 million”

TP2000

Here's the first laugh for us...

"We will be sunsetting the current program." -Ken Potrock, January 14th, 2021

Sunsetting??? What the hell does that mean? Did he mean to type the word "ending" and somehow his TDA grammar software turned that into an HR buzzword called "sunsetting"?

And he actually thought it was normal to put the nonsense word "sunsetting" in an official public statement? :rolleyes:

Has Mr. Potrock been hanging out with Governor Newsom after all and they are drinking and buzzword buddies???

flutas

Here's the first laugh for us...

"We will be sunsetting the current program." -Ken Potrock, January 14th, 2021

Sunsetting??? What the hell does that mean? Did he mean to type the word "ending" and somehow his TDA grammar software turned that into an HR buzzword called "sunsetting"?

And he actually thought it was normal to put the nonsense word "sunsetting" in an official public statement? :rolleyes:

Has Mr. Potrock been hanging out with Governor Newsom after all and they are drinking and buzzword buddies???
I actually think sunsetting is a proper use in this case, since ending means fully stopping.

They are refunding, and stopping new registrations. But they are continuing discounts for everyone that had an AP before the shutdown, hence sunsetting. Parts are going away, but not the whole thing yet.

In the end it's just a grammatical thing though. I'm shocked they finally did it, but It's not fully unexpected.

TP2000

There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth at Fresh Baked and many other vloggers today.

Oh geez, you're right! I was going to start watching my DVR'ed episodes of the new All Creatures Great & Small tonight, but that's now delayed. I will be sitting in front of my biggest TV watching Fresh Baked and all the others hyperventilate and pontificate!

And it just so happened that I bought a nice bottle of wine yesterday. This is gonna be great watching! 🥳

TP2000

I actually think sunsetting is a proper use in this case, since ending means fully stopping.

They are refunding, and stopping new registrations. But they are continuing discounts for everyone that had an AP before the shutdown, hence sunsetting. Parts are going away, but not the whole thing yet.

Hmm... while the word "sunsetting" is not in my hardbound Websters dictionary I keep here in the den, if I go to Dictionary.com there is a word being used called "sunsetting". This is the definition as used in this case...

discontinue or terminate (a product or service).
"the wireless service providers that operate these networks are sunsetting them"

It seems like he could have just said "ending the current program" and meant the exact same thing, instead of sounding like the King Of The Cubicle Drones and trying to impress no one with HR buzzwords.

I have often called a 6pm cocktail a "Sundowner", but I am now going to try and start using the word "sunsetting" in sentences just to annoy people. I was going to switch Internet providers here in the new year, so I can't wait to call them and tell them I'd like to sunset my service. This is going to be so much fun to sunset stuff!

I'm a sunsetter!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

In the end it's just a grammatical thing though. I'm shocked they finally did it, but It's not fully unexpected.

...is this the wrong time to bring up the rumors that the Bobs “resent” the AP program and have for years?

“Never let a crisis go to waste”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Boom goes the dynamite. Will be fascinating to see what they do. I don’t know how they are going to make it work, but it allows them to do park reservations when it does reopen.

I predict a very expensive, non monthly payment, AP returns in 1-2 years.

The consumers have the power...

A nice, noticeable 25% decrease in annual attendance will turn that ship around in a Wall Street minute.

“This is the way “

1610661736737.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom