Disneyland 70th Anniversary Thread - Wishlist, Rumors, Speculation, Announcements

TP2000

Original Poster
Well, it's probably time to start a thread on this because we're likely 9 months or less away from a formal kickoff in the late winter of '25.

Knowing that no new ride will be opening in Anaheim in '25 or '26, what is on your wishlist for a 70th Anniversary event? A new day parade seems like a given. A new show in the Fantasyland Theater? A new show in the abandoned Hyperion Theater? Those would both be nice, but that's just restarting existing facilities that have been allowed to be abandoned in recent years. How about a new fireworks show that uses drones over Disneyland like in Paris? Drones and new effects added to World of Color?

Over in the Fantasmic! thread this weekend, we've had several posters assume that a new dragon and show upgrades will be coming to Fantasmic! in '25, two years after Murphy burst into flames and closed that show for over a year.

I'm not sure that's enough to build a campaign off of...

Disneyland's 70th Anniversary - We Fixed All The Fire Damage And Reopened Some Closed Stuff!

That slogan doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it? It needs some work. Maybe AI could come up with something better?

TP2000

Original Poster
According to my Hallmark gift guide, there isn't an official 70th Anniversary gift in either Traditional or Modern options. Hallmark stops at the 60th anniversary.

I imagine they didn't think both spouses would live that long. ⚰️

But according to Google, the 70th Anniversary is now noted as a Platinum anniversary, and gifts can be in platinum for either traditional gift-giving or modern gift-giving.

Will Disneyland use the Platinum Anniversary as a basis for its marketing and decor, I wonder?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
According to my Hallmark gift guide, there isn't an official 70th Anniversary gift in either Traditional or Modern options. Hallmark stops at the 60th anniversary.

But according to Google, the 70th Anniversary is now noted as a Platinum anniversary, and gifts can be in platinum for either traditional gift-giving or modern gift-giving.

Will Disneyland use the Platinum Anniversary as a basis for its marketing and decor, I wonder?
Wouldn't a platinum celebration be the same as the 100th? Also I wouldn't bet on a new day parade, Magic Happens is still pretty new. Maybe at DCA? But they just got the new Pixar parade although that's not that good imo. My guess is on Paint the Night returning, and either Wondrous Journeys or Maybe an updated Remember coming back in terms of fireworks. Whatever happens it won't be nearly as spectacular as the 50th or 60th.

drizgirl

You know, 2 platinum anniversaries in a row, complete with recycled character costumes, seems pretty on brand. So I'm betting on that.

Nland316

I’m not expecting too much for the 70th. I’m anticipating something similar in scope to the 100th.

- Murphy returns + some new effects
- Possible PTN return
- New WOC / Firework show
- New Walt Disney animatronic show if rumors are to be believed

I suspect and hope that big plans are in the works for the 75th.

Crazy to think that the 60th was already a decade ago!

Figments Friend

The Disneyland Time Capsule will finally be able to be opened.
No wait….that was for the 80th.
Whelp, ten more years then….we have waited this long…..

IMG_3804.jpeg

Moving on now….

The obvious forthcoming addition will be loads of 70th Anniversary merchandise, collectibles, and themed ‘Instagrammable’ food items.

Those are a given for sure.

What I was LIKE to see is some new entertainment specifically for the 70th.
This has happened in the past for Disneyland’s major anniversary years, the two I most recall are for the 50th and 60th celebrations.
The 70th should also have some new spectacles.

-

TTA94

Paint The Nights return seems like a sure thing especially if WDW is getting a nighttime parade next year. Beyond that I’m not sure. I would say drones for WoC but not sure that could be done safely?

Gusey

I'm trying to think of small attraction updates they can pass off as something for the 70th, like the Haunted Mansion getting an update this year. I wonder if they might give Mr Toad or Pinocchio an update like they've done with Alice and Snow White, or if Storybookland might get a new scene like how Paris' is getting Pooh, Frozen and Up?

Touchdown

I’m expecting something more subdued as I assume they will throw a “big anniversary” party for the 75th. Personally I would be happy with a new firework show, Dragon, PTN and a Hyperion show.

TheRealSkull

If the 70th is on the level the 60th was, I'll be happy. The decorations, food, shows, and updates to classics was perfect for that milestone and would be perfect for this one.

My wishlist:
1. Millennium Falcon randomized missions
2. Small World lighting revamp
3. Updated Disneyland Forever, or better yet another amazing firework show.
4. Nighttime parade
5. WOC original return
6. Platinum decorations
7. Tomorrowland entrance (unless they are truly just going to demo it entirely and start from scratch in the next few years)

Honesrtly just as long as the 75th blows it out of the water, I'll be happy

Jiggsawpuzzle35

It’s a given we will get a new fireworks show. And like others have said, would like to see the return of Paint the Night with additional floats (Turning Red & Coco Floats) and updated Murphy for Fantasmic.

Here is a list of other things I’d like to see.

Disneyland

• Turn Hungry Bear into a smoked BBQ restaurant like Flame Tree Barbecue or Regal Eagle Smokehouse
• New 4-D show for Magic Eye Theater
• Temporary Guardians of the Galaxy overlay for Space Mountain
• Updated Pinocchio
• Bring back the Peoplemover
• Add more IP characters to It’s a Small World
• Bring back the movies effects to Pirates of the Caribbean

DCA

• Nothing Encanto related
• Updated Muppet Vision with 4D
• Bring back the food court to Hollywood
• Updated Soarin over California leaving out Downtown LA
• Animatronics on GRR
• Removal of Lightning Lane on Monsters and Ariel
• New show at Hyperion Theater that does not involve Encanto 😃
• Put something in the Who Wants to be a Millionaire stage.

Also Disney World style Security system.

TTA94

While PTN is great- bringing back a 10 year old parade that was debuted for the 60th kind of seems like a bit of a joke for the 70th.

They should be debuting new entertainment.

I also think Tiana's Bayou Adventure will play a huge part of marketing a 'new' attraction for the 70th.

With talks of WDW getting a new nighttime parade it will be interesting to see if Disneyland also gets included in that in some way. At the very least I would be surprised if PTN doesn’t return with updates, aside from the guaranteed intro narration and finale soundtrack changes.

BrianLo

Well, it's probably time to start a thread on this because we're likely 9 months or less away from a formal kickoff in the late winter of '25.

What... nuts! I thought you were starting a thread for something years and years away.

Talking about the 50th before the 60th felt way more like ancient history for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom