Disneyland 70th Anniversary Thread - Wishlist, Rumors, Speculation, Announcements

Parteecia

85th = Kitchen Appliances. The synergy opportunities with GE and KitchenAid are endless! And cooking Vlogs!
That is hilarious. Because according to Hallmark you waited until your 85th anniversary to be gifted the kitchen appliances that you always wanted??

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Alright so here's what I know
  1. Dragon. Being built in London atm.
  2. PTN is not returning, it severely injured some performers which is why it hasn't returned yet, and especially now that they've unionized it will not be returning, likely ever, at least in it's current form
  3. Castle is going down for refurb in January, likely lasting until sometime in May. Walls, scaffold, and scrim will go up sometime after the holidays. No new color scheme, just touching it up. They've already started the refurb with new paint on the compass and front plaza.
  4. I've heard three things fireworks-wise - new show, Disneyland Forever, or RDCT. Not sure which.
  5. Either a new WoC or returning the original
  6. Tons of high-budget decor around the resort
  7. No new parade AFAIK
  8. Walt coming to Lincoln. Probably will debut sooner than the 70th, but it's relevant as part of the overall influx of money into the resort
  9. Small World to go under for refurb sometime soon, including facade work (no changes, just refresh)
  10. Things are happening at Pirates. Can't reveal what yet but things are happening. Won't be ready in time for the 70th, as they're waiting until Mansion is back up, but it's again part of the overall freshening of the park.
All relevant information revealed with permission. My opinions do not represent the Walt Disney Company in any way and are purely my own. I am not affiliated with the Company in any way. All information subject to change due to budget or other reasons. All information is a rumor, take it with a grain of salt.

Nland316

2. PTN is not returning, it severely injured some performers which is why it hasn't returned yet, and especially now that they've unionized it will not be returning, likely ever, at least in it's current form
  3. Castle is going down for refurb in January, likely lasting until sometime in May. Walls, scaffold, and scrim will go up sometime after the holidays. No new color scheme, just touching it up. They've already started the refurb with new paint on the compass and front plaza.
  4. I've heard three things fireworks-wise - new show, Disneyland Forever, or RDCT. Not sure which.
  7. No new parade AFAIK
  8. Walt coming to Lincoln. Probably will debut sooner than the 70th, but it's relevant as part of the overall influx of money into the resort
  9. Small World to go under for refurb sometime soon, including facade work (no changes, just refresh)
  10. Things are happening at Pirates. Can't reveal what yet but things are happening. Won't be ready in time for the 70th, as they're waiting until Mansion is back up, but it's again part of the overall freshening of the park.
All relevant information revealed with permission. My opinions do not represent the Walt Disney Company in any way and are purely my own. I am not affiliated with the Company in any way. All information subject to change due to budget or other reasons. All information is a rumor, take it with a grain of salt.
More or less what I expected.

As much as I’d want RDCT back, I’d hate to lose the Laughing Place segment.

Bummer about PTN.

What specifically were the parade’s issues? People always refer to this being a thing, but have never given specifics beyond just the costumes. Haven’t heard any issues from HK’s version compared to ours.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
  7. No new parade AFAIK
  10. Things are happening at Pirates. Can't reveal what yet but things are happening. Won't be ready in time for the 70th, as they're waiting until Mansion is back up, but it's again part of the overall freshening of the park
Pirates just came back from a multi-month refurb not too long ago. So it would be strange for it to go down for what would end up being what appears to be a 3-6+ month refurb again so soon.

TTA94

So the thinking now is PTN is not coming back? Interesting since WDW is, supposed to be, getting a new parade next year. Unless they change course and put the new parade at DL for the 70th.

Gusey

Pirates just came back from a multi-month refurb not too long ago. So it would be strange for it to go down for what would end up being what appears to be a 3-6+ month refurb again so soon.
It had its last major refurb Summer 2022, so seems odd to close it again so soon unless it was a significant addition

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
It had its last major refurb Summer 2022, so seems odd to close it again so soon unless it was a significant addition
It is. Granted, they could probably keep the ride open during construction, but it would make some pinch points in the surrounding areas, Mansion style. Again, big addition, ride stays open. Make of that what you will.
I cannot wait to see the chaos as you try to figure that out lol. I will tell you soon, but I can't quite yet

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
It's something that will make some sad, but many many people will like. Here's what I can say - they're not so much waiting until mansion is up, but until the gift shop is open

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I thought that was primarily to replace the dying trees that were in there.
I found an image from Allears that shows it -

2022-dlr-disneyland-new-orleans-square-pirates-of-the-caribbean-construction-progress-700x525.jpg

So they just redid the queue, so it makes no sense to redo it again. Unless this is 100% to implement LL queue more than they already do currently with dedicating the left queue for it.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

2022-dlr-disneyland-new-orleans-square-pirates-of-the-caribbean-construction-progress-700x525.jpg

So they just redid the queue, so it makes no sense to redo it again. Unless this is 100% to implement LL queue more than they already do currently with dedicating the left queue for it.
I agree, there's no need to rip out the concrete again. Ultimately the queue in that area is determined by how they layout the stantions and chains. Same with anywhere else the queue goes.

If it were up to me, I'd move the lightning lane entrance to the left of the Dream Suite stairs (on the left side) utilizing that space on the side of the building so the standby can use the entirety of the space shown in your pic again. I think it mostly just uses that left ramp right now.

Or....they can remove lightning lane completely because it isn't necessary on this attraction. I just don't know where the heck they are able to put any additional queue space.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No

It isn't that area. I just checked. Can spill the beans.
HERE IT IS:
For the 70th, they're planning to close all of the shops by the exit of Pirates, including Royal St Veranda, and turn it all into extended indoor queue for Pirates

mickEblu

Pirate Bar or restaurant? Combine Royal Street Verandah with Port Royal (the current Mansion store) since they wont need it anymore. But that has nothing to do with the attraction? Please WDI, please leave the classics alone. You guys are not good enough to tinker with greatness.

EDIT: just saw what the potential plan is. Thank Goodness it has nothing to do with the attraction.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It isn't that area. I just checked. Can spill the beans.
HERE IT IS:
For the 70th, they're planning to close all of the shops by the exit of Pirates, including Royal St Veranda, and turn it all into extended indoor queue for Pirates
This was something rumored a long time ago to happen. The idea is to get the guests out of the walkways of NOS. However the problem is that would close a lot of retail space as well as the QSR. I don't think anyone is going to be real happy about this other than no longer blocking NOS traffic.

Not a fan.

mickEblu

This was something rumored a long time ago to happen. The idea is to get the guests out of the walkways of NOS. However the problem is that would close a lot of retail space as well as the QSR. I don't think anyone is going to be real happy about this other than no longer blocking NOS traffic.

Not a fan.

I’d imagine Pieces of 8 survives at the very least unless they plan on moving that merch somewhere else or think a cart or two is enough. That’s the only one of the three spots that Id consider a loss for nostalgic reasons I suppose. Haven’t eaten at Royal Street in years although do have fond memories of the clam chowder being my moms Go To Disneyland meal. Back when it was the only place at DLR you could get some. The HM store will just be moving so that’s not a big deal. With all that said I do love the layout with that little outdoor space between both stores that the Boot Leggers would sometimes play at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom