Disneyland 70th Anniversary Thread - Wishlist, Rumors, Speculation, Announcements

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’d imagine Pieces of 8 survives at the very least unless they plan on moving that merch somewhere else or think a cart or two is enough. That’s the only one of the three spots that Id consider a loss for nostalgic reasons I suppose. Haven’t eaten at Royal Street in years although do have fond memories of the clam chowder being my moms Go To Disneyland meal. Back when it was the only place at DLR you could get some. The HM store will just be moving so that’s not a big deal. With all that said I do love the layout with that little outdoor space between both stores that the Boot Leggers would sometimes play at.
Just hate to lose all that for an indoor queue. Its like the old rumor of Pan's queue taking over the old heraldry/holiday shop before it was turned into Merlin's.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
At the end of the day, 80-90% of all merch in the stores is identical Disney branded stuff anyway, and anything unique between Port Royal and Pieces of Eight can move to the new Haunted Mansion shop.

Royal Street Veranda sells nearly identical food as Harbour Galley, so if you want your bread bowl you can just go there and the new Pelican Landing seating can accommodate the extra guests.

I'm actually okay with this if it gets queue guests off the bridge and the waterfront, plus some of the queue will be A/C and get a view of the Royal Courtyard which many people don't realize is there.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I’d imagine Pieces of 8 survives at the very least unless they plan on moving that merch somewhere else or think a cart or two is enough. That’s the only one of the three spots that Id consider a loss for nostalgic reasons I suppose. Haven’t eaten at Royal Street in years although do have fond memories of the clam chowder being my moms Go To Disneyland meal. Back when it was the only place at DLR you could get some. The HM store will just be moving so that’s not a big deal. With all that said I do love the layout with that little outdoor space between both stores that the Boot Leggers would sometimes play at.
Yeah Po8 surviving AFAIK, as is that Fortune Red guy

mickEblu

I kind of think we all knew that was happening anyways. Anyone that thought LL/ILL/G+ is not here to stay (and added to almost all attractions) is fooling themselves.

They said it was going to be temporary though. So are you saying we can’t trust what Disney says?

It won’t be added to most attractions. Many of the rides at DL don’t have the capacity or space to handle a lightning lane.

mickEblu

I kind of think we all knew that was happening anyways. Anyone that thought LL/ILL/G+ is not here to stay (and added to almost all attractions) is fooling themselves.

Also why do all your posts come off as stand off-ish? What I love is the never ending well of confidence you have in spite being proven wrong nearly every time we’ve found ourselves debating about something that was or was not going to happen in the future. Lol. It’s kind of special.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They said it was going to be temporary though. So are you saying we can’t trust what Disney says?

It won’t be added to most attractions. Many of the rides at DL don’t have the capacity or space to handle a lightning lane.
Its funny that even when I agree with you that you try to find a way to twist it to be negative.

Disney may have originally intended for it to be temporary, and may still. But its been successful and so far not impacting the standby queue too much. Its been discussed many times that many attractions wouldn't be added to LL/ILL/G+ but yet they keep adding them. Just because we can't see it now doesn't mean they won't try in the future.

As for whether you can trust Disney or not on things they say, I think we both know you haven't for a long time. So why even bring that up other than to be negative.

Also why do all your posts come off as stand off-ish? What I love is the never ending well of confidence you have in spite being proven wrong nearly every time we’ve found ourselves debating about something that was or was not going to happen in the future. Lol. It’s kind of special.
Anything you've read into my posts is coming from your voice not mine. Also its nice to know I take up space in your head. As I've said before, its not a competition, I'm not keeping score nor should you. It would honestly make the interaction between us a whole lot better if you just let that go.

mickEblu

Its funny that even when I agree with you that you try to find a way to twist it to be negative.

Disney may have originally intended for it to be temporary, and may still. But its been successful and so far not impacting the standby queue too much. Its been discussed many times that many attractions wouldn't be added to LL/ILL/G+ but yet they keep adding them. Just because we can't see it now doesn't mean they won't try in the future.

As for whether you can trust Disney or not on things they say, I think we both know you haven't for a long time. So why even bring that up other than to be negative.

Anything you've read into my posts is coming from your voice not mine. Also its nice to know I take up space in your head. As I've said before, its not a competition, I'm not keeping score nor should you. It would honestly make the interaction between us a whole lot better if you just let that go.

I wouldn’t say that you take up space in my head but that I have a brain that remembers that you have often in the past liked to to argue or find fault in things I have to say. Perhaps I misread your post this time? If so, I apologize. To me, it came across more as “do you think you’re telling us something we don’t know.” But I think for whatever reason I’m not the only one that reads your posts as being dismissive, Stand offish etc. So I don’t think it’s just a Me thing. I think you’re an intelligent guy and that you probably know how your posts come across sometimes.

mickEblu

This line however concerns me. I pride myself on being a strong Communications guy and if the above is true then that would mean that there is a possibility I have perhaps often misread your posts. If that’s the case though, I don’t think I’m alone in that. There is definitely no intentional twisting of anything to be negative on my behalf though. I generally try to avoid confrontation.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wouldn’t say that you take up space in my head but that I have a brain that remembers that you have often in the past liked to to argue or find fault in things I have to say. Perhaps I misread your post this time? If so, I apologize. To me, it came across more as “do you think you’re telling us something we don’t know.” But I think for whatever reason I’m not the only one that reads your posts as being dismissive, Stand offish etc. So I don’t think it’s just a Me thing. I think you’re an intelligent guy and that you probably know how your posts come across sometimes.
Or possibly that over the years I've changed and you're reading and assuming a voice and intent doesn't exist anymore, and may have never.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This line however concerns me. I pride myself on being a strong Communications guy and if the above is true then that would mean that there is a possibility I have perhaps often misread your posts. If that’s the case though, I don’t think I’m alone in that. There is definitely no intentional twisting of anything to be negative on my behalf though. I generally try to avoid confrontation.
This goes to show you that we never truly know someones intent when reading anonymous posts on an internet forum. You know what they say about when you assume....

There are a lot of times your posts come across as nasty and mean in my opinion, especially based on our past interactions. But I don't assume that is what you mean or intended. 🤷‍♂️

mickEblu

This goes to show you that we never truly know someones intent when reading anonymous posts on an internet forum. You know what they say about when you assume....

There are a lot of times your posts come across as nasty and mean in my opinion, especially based on our past interactions. But I don't assume that is what you mean or intended. 🤷‍♂️

That’s fair. The only thing I’ll add is that if I am correct that other posters also misread your posts in the same way I do then perhaps there is a communication thing that needs to be worked on. Kind of makes it hard to have a conversation on the internet if people are misreading your posts. Again that’s just my perception though.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s fair. The only thing I’ll add is that if I am correct that other posters also misread your posts in the same way I do then perhaps there is a communication thing that needs to be worked on. Kind of makes hard to have a conversation on the internet if people are misreading your posts. Again that’s just my perception though.
I think all we can do is try our best and if something gets misinterpreted or there is a misconception we try to correct it as part of the conversation, such as now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Copy that
Also it should be said, and I've said it before in the past, that I don't feel that we're that different. Sure there are opinions that are different, and the sometimes heated debates that happen, but I think in the end we have way more in common than differences. And the same can be said about a majority of posters here. :)

Anyways back to discussing the 70th and such...

MarvelCharacterNerd

Royal Street Veranda has my current fave breakfast in the park. I'd hate to lose that - though of course food offerings come and go. :(

I should try to make a point to get it more often over the coming months.

mickEblu

Just hate to lose all that for an indoor queue. Its like the old rumor of Pan's queue taking over the old heraldry/holiday shop before it was turned into Merlin's.

I get it. You're losing "life" and atmosphere for indoor queue space. Of course, you could argue getting people out of the crowded walkways could be considered a + in terms of ambiance but then again its a problem they re contributing too with Lightning Lane.

Disney Vault

Hopefully a new pieces of eight can move into eudoras since that shopnlooks great the metch is nothing special and there will be two new princess and the frig stores by TBA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom