Disneyland 70th Anniversary Thread - Wishlist, Rumors, Speculation, Announcements

SuddenStorm

Agreed. I wonder if there's any way to coax Matt Ouimet back on to the Disney payroll? I don't think any other current Disney exec is up to the task, or even knows what the old standards were that they aren't living up to currently.

No kidding.

Josh D'Amaro, call your office. :rolleyes:

Five years ago, I noticed an attitude among many management there that 'They're great, because they're Disney'.

I think this dangerous mentality runs deep in the organization- from D'Amaro to Potrock to Steve in attractions who is voting to boycott in a week. Frankly, I think they'd have to purge the organization. Let these CM's strike and figure out a legal way to fire all of them. It should have happened during covid but it didn't. Allow people to apply again, and be selective with an emphasis on grooming, service, and professionalism.

I was invited to go to the park in a week- so it'll be interesting to see how it looks. I haven't been since December.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The Big Al statue raised suspicions, and it's been hinted at (though I don't know how trustworthy the source) over on the CBJ thread on the WDW side of the forum.
I'm aware of the Big Al statue in DCA, but I hadn't heard the rumor of a return of the show or even the characters in any meaningful way at DLR. I haven't paid attention to the WDW CBJ thread, but I'll have to check it out.

Unfortunately I'm not sure where they would go that would be ready by the 70th that wouldn't have already been discovered by the normal DLR construction vloggers. Unless Pooh gets evicted during the CC refurb and replaced by the CBs, but that wouldn't be a show.

TsWade2

I'm starting to feel that the 70th anniversary of DIsneyland may be cancelled due of the possible DIsneyland cast members strike. 🥺 😭

mickEblu

Good. As a WDW person, I personally think every resort should have the country bears somewhere

I think I prefer them being added here to GRR than getting the full show. The thought of Big Al and a few country bears being added to GRR is intriguing and brings some beloved characters back to the DLR. It adds them to a ride that doesn’t have any AAs. Now do I think they fit the vibe of the ride or the land. Not really. Part of what I like about the land/ ride is its realistic nature and how you can feel like you can kind of get lost or like your in Yosemite in certain parts of the land. Does that get retained with Country Bear music playing throughout the ride and queue? Maybe. Will it affect the the ride experience? Probably not. I view it as a sort of trade-off.

mickEblu

I'm aware of the Big Al statue in DCA, but I hadn't heard the rumor of a return of the show or even the characters in any meaningful way at DLR. I haven't paid attention to the WDW CBJ thread, but I'll have to check it out.

Unfortunately I'm not sure where they would go that would be ready by the 70th that wouldn't have already been discovered by the normal DLR construction vloggers. Unless Pooh gets evicted during the CC refurb and replaced by the CBs, but that wouldn't be a show.

Country Bear River Run Rapids Revue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom