Disneyland 70th Anniversary Thread - Wishlist, Rumors, Speculation, Announcements

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agree except there is nothing there to indicate any sort of excitement or that it’s a River rapids ride.
Dunno, Grizzly River Run doesn't really evoke rapids to me. So I think the name doesn't have to really establish what type of ride it is, just be centered around the theme. So in this case CBs singing their songs along the river, just with the twist of it being rapids, Country Bear River Revue works in that context in my opinion.

brb1006

So I recently rewatched Disneyland's 59th Anniversary opening ceremony held on July 17, 2014 in front of Main Street Station. It's similar to the previous times Disneyland held a special ceremony every July 17 for each year (which played audio of Walt's Dedication Speech and a remix of "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes". But I remember this one the most since the 2014 ceremony was where Disneyland's 60th Anniversary Celebration was first teased with a reveal of the 60th Anniversaries' logo.

Disneyland60thAnniversary.jpg

Has it really been almost 10 years? Man times sure does fly by fast! I'll never forget the anticipation the various Disney Parks boards (such as this and Disboards) online were hyping up Disneyland's 60th Anniversary. Such as the installation of diamonds being put on Sleeping Beauty Castle to the preview of Disneyland Forever on May 22, 2015.

While World of Color Celebrate and Disneyland Forever were a very mixed bag. I really loved the theme song for Disneyland's Diamond Celebration "Forever Young" which was played everywhere before and during the celebration. Hopefully the actual offerings for DL's 70th Anniversary is actually relevant to Disneyland itself.

The theme song and 60th anniversary ads gave me flashbacks to Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary Celebration in terms of marketing and advertisements.

Really curious to see how the Parks and Resorts Panel for D23 2024 will handle the Disneyland section in terms of announcements. Especially since Disney said that this year's D23 is going to huge!

Last edited:

mickEblu

Dunno, Grizzly River Run doesn't really evoke rapids to me. So I think the name doesn't have to really establish what type of ride it is, just be centered around the theme. So in this case CBs singing their songs along the river, just with the twist of it being rapids, Country Bear River Revue works in that context in my opinion.

It doesn’t have to per se. Space Mountain is kind of vague and not very descriptive. The thing about Country Bear River Revue is that it sounds more like a show on a slow moving steamboat going down the Mississippi. But I’d be ok with it for sure.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It doesn’t have to per se. Space Mountain is kind of vague and not very descriptive. The thing about Country Bear River Revue is that it sounds more like a show on a slow moving steamboat going down the Mississippi. But I’d be ok with it for sure.
You came up with the name, I'm just saying I like it in this context over the other ones you've suggested. :)

TheRealSkull

So I recently rewatched Disneyland's 59th Anniversary opening ceremony held on July 17, 2014 in front of Main Street Station. It's similar to the previous times Disneyland held a special ceremony every July 17 for each year (which played audio of Walt's Dedication Speech and a remix of "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes". But I remember this one the most since the 2014 ceremony was where Disneyland's 60th Anniversary Celebration was first teased with a reveal of the 60th Anniversaries' logo.

Man times sure does fly by fast! I'll never forget the anticipation the various Disney Parks boards (such as this and Disboards) online were hyping up Disneyland's 60th Anniversary. Such as the installation of diamonds being put on Sleeping Beauty Castle to the preview of Disneyland Forever on May 22, 2015.

While World of Color Celebrate and Disneyland Forever were a very mixed bag. I really loved the theme song for Disneyland's Diamond Celebration "Forever Young" which was played everywhere before and during the celebration. Hopefully the actual offerings for DL's 70th Anniversary is actually relevant to Disneyland itself.

The theme song and anniversary ads gave me flashbacks to Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary Celebration in terms of marketing and advertisements.

Really curious to see how the Parks and Resorts Panel for D23 2024 will handle the Disneyland section in terms of announcements. Especially since Disney said that this year's D23 is going to huge!

Yes, those were very wonderful times. 2015 was an extremely good year for Disneyland, largely due to the 60th. I really hope they can pull off an even better one for the 70th, but they'll probably wait til the 75th to do so. Ive said this before, but if they put as much effort into the 70th as they did the 60th, I think everyone will be very pleased, as also the 60th was carried by pure nostalgia for Walt Disney. Also the wonderful decor, merch, and three new nighttime shows along with attraction updates (which we are getting now. great sign!) was incredible. I just hope they don't recycle any of the Disney 100th decor or anything else from that event.

However, I am hoping they save the 70th announcements for a smaller event. I remember the days where anniversary celebrations were announced at small events and when big expansions and new rides were announced at D23. Really hope they don't use the 70th for filler time.

SuddenStorm

Too wordy. I forgot to take the “Run” out.

Country Bear River Rapids Revue

Country Bear River Revue is probably even better.

EDIT: actually Country Bear River Run Revue. Final Answer

I like Country Bear River Run

Adding the Revue just makes it too long.

brb1006

Yes, those were very wonderful times. 2015 was an extremely good year for Disneyland, largely due to the 60th. I really hope they can pull off an even better one for the 70th, but they'll probably wait til the 75th to do so. Ive said this before, but if they put as much effort into the 70th as they did the 60th, I think everyone will be very pleased, as also the 60th was carried by pure nostalgia for Walt Disney. Also the wonderful decor, merch, and three new nighttime shows along with attraction updates (which we are getting now. great sign!) was incredible. I just hope they don't recycle any of the Disney 100th decor or anything else from that event.

However, I am hoping they save the 70th announcements for a smaller event. I remember the days where anniversary celebrations were announced at small events and when big expansions and new rides were announced at D23. Really hope they don't use the 70th for filler time.
I'm extra curious to know what theme DL's 70th will be. Disneyland's 50th was themed to Gold while the 60th was themed to Diamonds. Disneyland Paris even borrowed some ideas from The Diamond Celebration for their 25th Anniversary Celebration. A notable difference is that Paris' 25th Anniversary gave a lot of Disney Characters special anniversary outfits instead of being exclusive to The Sensational Six.

TheRealSkull

I'm extra curious to know what theme DL's 70th will be. Disneyland's 50th was themed to Gold while the 60th was themed to Diamonds. Disneyland Paris even borrowed some ideas from The Diamond Celebration for their 25th Anniversary Celebration. A notable difference is that Paris' 25th Anniversary gave a lot of Disney Characters special anniversary outfits instead of being exclusive to The Sensational Six.
I think 70 is tied to Platinum, which is why I'm concerned it'll look too much like the Disney 100th Celebration.

TheRealSkull

The 60th was an incredible time- and really represented the end of an era for Disneyland since Galaxy's Edge started construction on the tail end of the celebration.
I know, it really just seemed extra magical at that time. Everything just seemed really fresh, I don't know how else to explain it. I had the privilege of going on July 17 that year and it was a day I never forgot, and really hits me hard considering Richard Sherman played Feed the Birds for the ceremony. Dick VanDyke was there, too, along with a bunch of original Imagineers and 1955 Mickey Mouse Club members of the TV show. Back when everyone didn't seem to be a negative force online and when smartphones didn't dominate the parks. No arguments or controversy about Star Wars Land, Marvel Land, Tiana's whether the parks were in good condition, no Genie Plus.

And I dare say the people who visited the parks were in a generally better mood. People were nicer, and looked really happy to be there.

Hope the 70th can bring back some of that positivity.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I know, it really just seemed extra magical at that time. Everything just seemed really fresh, I don't know how else to explain it. I had the privilege of going on July 17 that year and it was a day I never forgot, and really hits me hard considering Richard Sherman played Feed the Birds for the ceremony. Dick VanDyke was there, too, along with a bunch of original Imagineers and 1955 Mickey Mouse Club members of the TV show. Back when everyone didn't seem to be a negative force online and when smartphones didn't dominate the parks. No arguments or controversy about Star Wars Land, Marvel Land, Tiana's whether the parks were in good condition, no Genie Plus.

And I dare say the people who visited the parks were in a generally better mood. People were nicer, and looked really happy to be there.

Negativity among the online Disneyland fan community has been a thing since the usenet days in the '90s, though it does ebb and flow in intensity based on the current state of the parks.

Agree with everything else. Especially about the general attitude among patrons (and employees!) in the parks. I think the whole booking process is just so ridiculous now that people are showing up more stressed, and that only gets worse throughout the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom