Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

RSoxNo1

I'll try and ask a few folks ...
Sounds like you need to talk to James Cameron

Bull-&$#.:)

I love a Big Mac, but I know where it stands in the pantheon of fine dining (or even fast food burgers).

And I think the Homewrecker is damn fine fast food at a great price.

Neither are in the category of anything more than chain fast food. I don't expect Bistro de Paris when I dine at Chik-Fil-A, which ah ... um ... uhm ... yeah ... ah, I of course avoid because of their stance on gay marriage.

(BTW, I took a shot at Earl of Sandwich on some thread ... saying it wasn't all that, because it isn't, wonder if I got the fanbois all lathered up over that one?)
There's a pizza place near me that has a "Mac Attack" pizza, the ingredients of a Big Mac on a pizza. It's fantastic.

RSoxNo1

I doubt I'll see him ... but I going to be at a few locations that Bob and Willow might be at.
I'm not sure what talking to Warwick Davis is going to accomplish...

WILLOW-fanart_poster.jpg

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Far more people probably liked AE than complained about it. Didn't matter in that case and it wouldn't matter here. Heck, far more people probably liked Snow White than complained about it. Same result.

The bus system is a completely different animal. Disney is stuck with the buses.

So because people complained about it; that made it automatically not work? I'm sure the complaints were more about the gruesome nature of the show rather than the slightly suspenseful moments. To compare AE to anything that WDI could come up with for a Toon villain. Instead let's make plenty of princess meet and greets while putting a watered down ride in to help justify it as "boys can do it too." Exact same concept with a differentiating scenario; leaves a demographic out.

lebeau

So because people complained about it; that made it automatically not work? I'm sure the complaints were more about the gruesome nature of the show rather than the slightly suspenseful moments. To compare AE to anything that WDI could come up with for a Toon villain. Instead let's make plenty of princess meet and greets while putting a watered down ride in to help justify it as "boys can do it too." Exact same concept with a differentiating scenario; leaves a demographic out.

I really couldn't follow your logic at all. But I've vowed to stop contributing to the thread drift in this thread. So I'll just let the villains debate fade away. If someone wants to start another thread to carry on the debate, let me know and I will chime in if there is really anything left to say on the subject.

IWant2GoNow

After having been to WDW 13 or 14 times starting in 1994, I believe it is time I start planning my DLR trip. I need something new & fresh. I should have done this sooner but I've been blinded by friends that had never been to WDW, acquaintances that allowed for cheaper stays, a botched engagement, & family trips. FLE is not going to do much for me in terms of spending another week in O-town just to see a new dark ride & restaurant. Perhaps in a couple years, but right now I think my next trip will take me to DLR to experience the glory that everyone hear speaks about so regularly. When people compare the two that have been to both, I get very excited. It's almost like I'm hoping to go back in time to when WDW was as pristine & constantly adding things. I know I won't be let down, but I'm really tired of going to WDW & seeing nothing new except restaurants at World Showcase & a M&G. I long for the days when innovation, storytelling, & technology combined for an out-of-reality experience at WDW. Still my favorite place, but it's really time for a complete makeover, & I hope this change comes VERY soon. Like, announcements by the end of the year soon...

"Help us TDA, you're our only hope..."

skimbob

Well the fact that one of our best people from the DCA makeover is heading to WDW should be a sign of hope. We will just have to wait and see.

Clever Name

Well the fact that one of our best people from the DCA makeover is heading to WDW should be a sign of hope. We will just have to wait and see.
I see it as the normal way Disney does business. They let the senior designers experiment with concepts and ideas at DL and build them into working attractions. Once they're sure they have the attraction right, then they know its ready for prime time and they bring it to WDW. I think it's great that DL serves as a laboratory to test and perfect attractions before they are brought to big leagues. It's smart business.

spacemt354

Chili's
Once they're sure they have the attraction right, then they know its ready for prime time and they bring it to WDW. I think it's great that DL serves as a laboratory to test and perfect attractions before they are brought to big leagues. It's smart business.

A 1.7 billion dollar investment is quite the lab experiment...

HMF

I see it as the normal way Disney does business. They let the senior designers experiment with concepts and ideas at DL and build them into working attractions. Once they're sure they have the attraction right, then they know its ready for prime time and they bring it to WDW. I think it's great that DL serves as a laboratory to test and perfect attractions before they are brought to big leagues. It's smart business.
There was actually a short time in the 1970s when WDW was the testing ground if you must call it that. BTW, calling WDW the "Big Leagues" is not really a fair comparison. It may have been true at one time but DL can strongly stand on it's own now. Also, as of right now DL is in far better overall shape than WDW.

M.rudolf

Disneyland is just as much prime time as Disneyworld. To say that Disneyland is an experimental park is ludicrous. I wish it were true then maybe DW would have better park maintenance and a overall better parks. As said above no one gambles with over a billion dollars.As far as prime time goes I would say DL uses overall space better than DW and give the guest a better value for the dollar. That's today hopefully a spirited change will make this statement false

M.rudolf

There was actually a short time in the 1970s when WDW was the testing ground if you must call it that. BTW, calling WDW the "Big Leagues" is not really a fair comparison. It may have been true at one time but DL can strongly stand on it's own now. Also, as of right now DL is in far better overall shape than WDW.
I agree we came back from DL this weekend there is a night and day difference

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom