Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm certainly no insider, but the Pinocchio Village Haus could find itself superfluous soon with Be Our Guest right next door and there are many closed locations if another restaurant is needed. You could probably fit a Peter Pan-sized ride in that building (even though I don't think WDI builds small rides anymore), or I'd bet you could even expand further back over the utilidor entrance.
Chalk and cheese. A top dollar, ressy eaterie or a fast food pizza joint?

The Duck

Chalk and cheese. A top dollar, ressy eaterie or a fast food pizza joint?
I saw the dinner menu for BOG and there's no comparison at all with Pinocchio. In fact, a friend asked me what I would be ordering. I told her that I would be sitting on a bench eating a hot dog because then prices at BOG would probably be astronomical even by Disney standards.

RSoxNo1

I'm certainly no insider, but the Pinocchio Village Haus could find itself superfluous soon with Be Our Guest right next door and there are many closed locations if another restaurant is needed. You could probably fit a Peter Pan-sized ride in that building (even though I don't think WDI builds small rides anymore), or I'd bet you could even expand further back over the utilidor entrance.
I've thought that as well, perhaps an attraction that would blend the two areas.

Alektronic

It would still have to be restaurant because of all the restaurant equipment above and below, the cast cafeteria is directly below PVH.

Buried20KLeague

It's been a couple years for me. I'm taking my niece soon, only because I have family in Florida. Usually I'd try to do the four park thing and stay about a week, but at this moment, DHS and AK are not worth the price. Heck EPCOT really isn't worth the price right now. I'm only going because I love SSE. We're trying UNI and IOA in their place along with spending more time at the beach instead of on property. And I'll be going to DLR in the near future because of work.

And, as much as it pains me to say it, DLR might just become my home park. :(

I think that's karma for all the times I made fun of DL in the 90s and touted WDW's greatness. Man, have times changed.

This mirrors me almost exactly. Our trips have always been the same. 10 days in the parks... With MAYBE one day split off for Uni or Sea World (we'd usually alternate between trips).

On our last trip to WDW (the first in a couple years because we have been visiting DL instead), instead of 10 days at the parks, we stayed on the beach in Tampa for three, the Disney parks for 4, Busch Gardens for 1 (which we LOVED) and Uni for 2. And we had a fantastic trip.

We now consider DL our "home resort". But I'm not depressed or upset about it... DL has EARNED our business. They continue to. Don't let it bother you if you end up feeling the same way. WDW may rebound... But in the meantime, there's a FANTASTIC resort in SoCal calling your name. :D Not to mention Uni out there, and if you want some thrills, you can't beat Six Flags Magic Mountain. X2 is AMAZING.

misterID

This mirrors me almost exactly. Our trips have always been the same. 10 days in the parks... With MAYBE one day split off for Uni or Sea World (we'd usually alternate between trips).

On our last trip to WDW (the first in a couple years because we have been visiting DL instead), instead of 10 days at the parks, we stayed on the beach in Tampa for three, the Disney parks for 4, Busch Gardens for 1 (which we LOVED) and Uni for 2. And we had a fantastic trip.

We now consider DL our "home resort". But I'm not depressed or upset about it... DL has EARNED our business. They continue to. Don't let it bother you if you end up feeling the same way. WDW may rebound... But in the meantime, there's a FANTASTIC resort in SoCal calling your name. :D Not to mention Uni out there, and if you want some thrills, you can't beat Six Flags Magic Mountain. X2 is AMAZING.

This makes me feel less like a traitor now :)

Rasvar

It would still have to be restaurant because of all the restaurant equipment above and below, the cast cafeteria is directly below PVH.
It is also a different kind of restaurant. Quick-service. No reservation needed. It still fills a need that BOG won't be able to fill.

misterID

Don't feel bad. I just did five nights at WDW an did not set a foot in a Disney Park.

It's good to know I'm not the only one.

I hope they win me back, but like Buried20K said, I'm not waiting around for that to happen, when another park is doing everything right.

ChrisM

Not really.

I know I am in the minority around here, but the VV concept doesn't appeal to me at all.

Outside of the fan community, I suspect I am in the majority.

I don't personally find the VV concept any more or less appealing than the current FLE implementation. The Halloween party plan sounds very cute but the centerpiece was going to be another flume ride? Eh. Even if it was a gussied up dark counterpart to Splash it still reeks of "more of the same".

Now, I would vastly prefer that they replace Storybook Circus with VV.

lebeau

At least it included a true E-Ticket attraction...

True. But my family will get a lot more use out of the FLE than a villain-themed Splash Mountain.

Purely personal preference, but a villains are a non-starter for us. I know the fan community loves them. But I don't think the public at large feels the same way.

IWant2GoNow

I don't personally find the VV concept any more or less appealing than the current FLE implementation. The Halloween party plan sounds very cute but the centerpiece was going to be another flume ride? Eh. Even if it was a gussied up dark counterpart to Splash it still reeks of "more of the same".

Now, I would vastly prefer that they replace Storybook Circus with VV.
I agree with you completely except for the second flume ride point. I think having another flume ride would alleviate some of the crowds over at Splash on hot days. I'm not sure what type of flume ride this would have been either. I assume the same basic concept of a drop, but would it have been different inside ride-wise? I know you don't know, just kinda asking for anyone whew knew.

I'm definitely with you though that this would have been vastly better than SC. IMO, I think FLE is my choice over the explained version of VV. And I LOVE the villains! More Chernabog !

culturenthrills

You need to try Knotts too and if you are feeling adventurous head down to San Diego for SeaWorld and the wildlife park.

ChrisM

But they're making another mine train attraction in its place, though. So I don't see a big difference if they put in another flume ride.

I was going to acknowledge in my prior post that the general theme of the SDMT is also a retread idea, but it's a much smaller scale ride than BTM, whereas it sounds like the VV flume was largely planned to be a large E-ticket, like Splash.

misterID

I was going to acknowledge in my prior post that the general theme of the SDMT is also a retread idea, but it's a much smaller scale ride than BTM, whereas it sounds like the VV flume was largely planned to be a large E-ticket, like Splash.

I'll say this: I'd take a mine train Indy ride in AL (that would make 3! in MK) so I wouldn't have a problem with another flume ride, depnding on how it's themed.

This would have been the first attraction that would have featured Mickey that wasn't a film, wouldn't it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom