News Disney World theme park tickets increase in price for 2025

wannabeBelle

What they did there is admit they’re losing customers but trying to spin it that means more money in the future…so Bob doesn’t lose the key to his shower and vertical climber

…and someone people can’t see the nonsense in that?
Any more rumblings on Staggs/Mayer and what they might be doing in the forseeable?? Marie

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you ever get tired of defending mediocrity?

This has to be exhausting for you.
7 magical days in the sun at port orleans or pop once every few years guarantees lifelong advocacy
Do you ever tire of wishing Disney would burn to the ground?

How does demanding good product as the consumer equate to arson?

I must have missed that day in Econ? 🤓

LSLS

See this is where I say it (again as always) that hey have basically hit their price ceiling

How do you know? Because Disney has never had a reduction in attendance without a recession or an act of god. It’s never happened. We’ve broken a seal

But if the only way people will accept that is to have someone in a nametags do a presser on it…then you’re a fool.
I continue to think the attendance numbers for all parks is going to be one of the more fascinating things to come out (when is that, July?). We have pretty good knowledge that the Orlando parks were down. I'd guess Universal Hollywood sees a large bump. I'm pretty sure we will see DL go up, and we know the regional CA parks got hammered this year. If you see a bump in some top regional parks in the Midwest, I'd think that would be a large indication of the value question many have been discussing recently (basically the base that mainly goes to Orlando are choosing the less expensive parks instead). If all parks are down, then you have an entirely different set of questions.

Tha Realest

Your question was whether prices were raised this year. They weren't. They weren't raised last year either.

And so, instead of being relieved. All of a sudden the goal post of "they raise prices every year!" has been moved to "they raise prices every other year!"

BTW, when you go two years without a price raise, that's not every other year, otherwise, one of those years would have had a price raise. It's how math works.
Variable pricing makes this opaque. If there were thirty days at $109 in 2022, and only ten in 2023, that’s a price hike.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Any more rumblings on Staggs/Mayer and what they might be doing in the forseeable?? Marie
Funny you mention that…

Isn’t it ironic that staggs/mayer are brought on in an undefined “consultancy”…just as Rasulo shows up part of a
Proxy bid?

It’s like it’s all a
BS game just to create enough smoke
So Bob can extend himself again?

Nah…can’t be

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I continue to think the attendance numbers for all parks is going to be one of the more fascinating things to come out (when is that, July?). We have pretty good knowledge that the Orlando parks were down. I'd guess Universal Hollywood sees a large bump. I'm pretty sure we will see DL go up, and we know the regional CA parks got hammered this year. If you see a bump in some top regional parks in the Midwest, I'd think that would be a large indication of the value question many have been discussing recently (basically the base that mainly goes to Orlando are choosing the less expensive parks instead). If all parks are down, then you have an entirely different set of questions.
They’ve already admitted - to those paying attention - that they’ve declined 3 quarters

We also know that universal didn’t post gains for 2023 either

We also know that Travel across the board was WAY the hell up in 2023…

So what happened on I-4?

Dranth

The question is not “did they raise the price?”

It’s “did they maintain or increase the value of the offerings to justify the price level?”
In an ideal world it would work that way but in reality they all live by the "costs go up, prices go up" credo nowadays. Hence why I was pointing out the other operators doing the same thing.

From a value stand point, is IoA for $179 a better value than a single day at MK for $189? How about DHS at $184 vs. USF at $179? MK vs. USF? etc.

I would say it depends on the day and the person.

Point being, I don't think Disney is that far out there compared to everyone else with the caveat that ALL of them are so far gone with pricing that it is absurd.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In an ideal world it would work that way but in reality they all live by the "costs go up, prices go up" credo nowadays. Hence why I was pointing out the other operators doing the same thing.

From a value stand point, is IoA for $179 a better value than a single day at MK for $189? How about DHS at $184 vs. USF at $179? MK vs. USF? etc.

I would say it depends on the day and the person.

Point being, I don't think Disney is that far out there compared to everyone else with the caveat that ALL of them are so far gone with pricing that it is absurd.
Disney parks were constructed in an ideal world…one where their reputation and delivery ensured they would not only survive…but prosper over time and the wide range of economics environments…

I respectfully submit that a small group of guys is wrecking that

And also…universal is getting price blowback too…

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Do you ever tire of wishing Disney would burn to the ground?
homer simpson arsonist GIF

Dranth

Disney parks were constructed in an ideal world…one where their reputation and delivery ensured they would not only survive…but prosper over time and the wide range of economics environments…

I respectfully submit that a small group of guys is wrecking that

And also…universal is getting price blowback too…
I feel like we could say that about a lot of companies but the reality is that as soon as a company goes public it is forever on the profit treadmill and unfortunately, as the years pass, investors get less and less patient with returns. It's not a sustainable model but it's the one we have.

Sure, they can add bits of value here and there but it all has to be in service of the numbers going up the way things currently work.

LSLS

They’ve already admitted - to those paying attention - that they’ve declined 3 quarters

We also know that universal didn’t post gains for 2023 either

We also know that Travel across the board was WAY the hell up in 2023…

So what happened on I-4?
But also admitted to DL being up, which is what's really interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom