News Disney World theme park tickets increase in price for 2025

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Iger significantly raising prices for 2025, the same year the competitor is opening a whole new theme park while WDW is opening no brand new rides? (possible some refurbished/reimagined rides, but nothing otherwise)

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Lilofan

Well that's certainly one way to spin it:

When the previous price increases were announced, Disney had a spokesperson offer a statement about the logic behind the increase in prices:

"We are constantly adding new, innovative attractions and entertainment to our parks and, with our broad array of pricing options, the value of a theme park visit is reflected in the unique experiences that only Disney can offer."

Disney has also made it clear that its parks are not only not going to fail in the post-panddemic world – but will be expanding and evolving to keep with the changing times. As such, parks and the surrounding resort properties are being steadily overhauled, as Disney "will explore even more characters and franchises, including some that haven't been leveraged extensively to date, as it embarks on a new period of significant growth domestically and internationally in its parks and resorts."
The CM probably graduated summa c laude with a degree in PR.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So Igers plan of not raising prices too fast is to just do it every other year instead
Your question was whether prices were raised this year. They weren't. They weren't raised last year either.

And so, instead of being relieved. All of a sudden the goal post of "they raise prices every year!" has been moved to "they raise prices every other year!"

BTW, when you go two years without a price raise, that's not every other year, otherwise, one of those years would have had a price raise. It's how math works.

Dranth

So Igers plan of not raising prices too fast is to just do it every other year instead
They are overpriced but a price increase every few years coming out of the inflationary mess that had been going on isn't terrible. As a comparison, Uni isn't that far off with single days coming in anywhere from $120 to $180 as of the increase they pushed late last year and I believe at least one insider mentioned another bump is coming from them as well before EU opens.

SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are currently both $100 for a single day ticket and that is with a 30% discount.

All of them offer discounts and promotions at various times but the base ticket pricing from Disney doesn't seem that out of line to everyone else in the area which I think speaks more to how crazy the entire area has become than anything else. It isn't sustainable long term in my view and yet all of them keep doing it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They are overpriced but a price increase every few years coming out of the inflationary mess that had been going on isn't terrible. As a comparison, Uni isn't that far off with single days coming in anywhere from $120 to $180 as of the increase they pushed late last year and I believe at least one insider mentioned another bump is coming from them as well before EU opens.

SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are currently both $100 for a single day ticket and that is with a 30% discount.

All of them offer discounts and promotions at various times but the base ticket pricing from Disney doesn't seem that out of line to everyone else in the area which I think speaks more to how crazy the entire area has become than anything else. It isn't sustainable long term in my view and yet all of them keep doing it.
The question is not “did they raise the price?”

It’s “did they maintain or increase the value of the offerings to justify the price level?”

LSLS

Your question was whether prices were raised this year. They weren't. They weren't raised last year either.

And so, instead of being relieved. All of a sudden the goal post of "they raise prices every year!" has been moved to "they raise prices every other year!"

BTW, when you go two years without a price raise, that's not every other year, otherwise, one of those years would have had a price raise. It's how math works.
One of the questions I would have with that (and I don't have an answer) is how many days at each price point per year. They could not raise prices last year, but instead of having 50 low days and 100 values, they had 20 lows and 30 values. Not sure if anywhere covers the prices that detailed, but it would be an interesting thing to know (and a sneaky way to raise prices without people knowing).

Drdcm

I’m not surprised at all they had price increases. I mean inflation has been wild the last few years, and the fact that the last increase will have been almost 2 years ago is unexpected from Disney.

That being said. I still think it’s too expensive and they will hit a ceiling… regardless of inflation. Therefore, despite inflation, I don’t think price increases are a great idea. I really think they have to consider normal economic cycles. COVID was weird, so who knows on the timing, but there will be a recession coming up because… this is how economies work. They should be careful they don’t price themselves out of disposable income limits.

Indy_UK

Well they actually had 2 price increases in 2022. Mid Feb and late December which you can essentially say is 2023. so they didn’t for during 2024.

I think like others have said, increases are going to happen and most are fine when they add new stuff to see. I’m not sure a couple of updates and a garden in Epcot cuts it

Trauma

Do you ever get tired of defending mediocrity?

This has to be exhausting for you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not surprised at all they had price increases. I mean inflation has been wild the last few years, and the fact that the last increase will have been almost 2 years ago is unexpected from Disney.

That being said. I still think it’s too expensive and they will hit a ceiling… regardless of inflation. Therefore, despite inflation, I don’t think price increases are a great idea. I really think they have to consider normal economic cycles. COVID was weird, so who knows on the timing, but there will be a recession coming up because… this is how economies work. They should be careful they don’t price themselves out of disposable income limits.
See this is where I say it (again as always) that hey have basically hit their price ceiling

How do you know? Because Disney has never had a reduction in attendance without a recession or an act of god. It’s never happened. We’ve broken a seal

But if the only way people will accept that is to have someone in a nametags do a presser on it…then you’re a fool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom