News Disney World theme park tickets increase in price for 2025

Disstevefan1

“If you don’t like these moves announced today, you should pray Peltz and Rasulo don’t get on the board. If you think day tickets approaching $200/day are bad, imagine $300 / day. Because that’s what they’d do if they can. And add tip machines to Princess meet and greets. Don’t believe me? Well, then you’re willfully naive as to the broader destructive cultural forces at work here.”
Iger will win. TWDC will continue as usual. If you don’t like the movies, too bad. If you think prices are too high, too bad. Iger only talks about changing things but his actual plan is business as usual.

Last edited:

LSLS

No confirmation anywhere, but quick looking at a few dates, the prices on hotels may actually DROP in 2025. Not a ton, but $2-$10 depending on the hotel.

Laketravis

Okay, now I'm thoroughly convinced these fools don't have a clue.

The only way this would make any sense at all is if it were a preemptive move to replace lost revenue should the ill-fated and bad press generators G+ and LL somehow be packaged as "Free" or "Included" in some shape or form, or the large scale return of "Free" Dining is planned (Lower room rates + increase park tickets + free food = help us fill our resorts at the same aggregate price).

But naw, we know they aren't that smart. Because "The biggest rip-off in America" just got bigger.

The reality is they better allocate a large portion of that increase to doubling or tripling the GR staff in each park. Because expectations corollate directly to price, and now really isn't the time to increase customer expectations.

Last edited:

Drdcm

Okay, now I'm thoroughly convinced these fools don't have a clue.

The only way this would make any sense at all is if it were a preemptive move to replace lost revenue should the ill-fated and bad press generators G+ and LL somehow be packaged as "Free" or "Included" in some shape or form, or the large scale return of "Free" Dining is planned (Lower room rates + increase park tickets + free food = help us fill our resorts at the same aggregate price).

But naw, we know they aren't that smart.

The reality is they better allocate a large portion of that increase to doubling or tripling the GR staff in each park. Because expectations corollate directly to price, and not really isn't the time to increase customer expectations.
I’m sure they’re trying to justify it as cost adjustment due to inflation. In their minds, this is probably appropriate and not a true price increase. Key words, in their minds.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Just like studios and streaming, Disney is structurally unable to operate at lower costs. They have made it so complicated and expensive to operate WDW that the only solution is to cut and raise prices.

I don’t think they could lower prices to attract guests even if they wanted without it completely mucking everything up.

Laketravis

Well that's certainly one way to spin it:

When the previous price increases were announced, Disney had a spokesperson offer a statement about the logic behind the increase in prices:

"We are constantly adding new, innovative attractions and entertainment to our parks and, with our broad array of pricing options, the value of a theme park visit is reflected in the unique experiences that only Disney can offer."

Disney has also made it clear that its parks are not only not going to fail in the post-panddemic world – but will be expanding and evolving to keep with the changing times. As such, parks and the surrounding resort properties are being steadily overhauled, as Disney "will explore even more characters and franchises, including some that haven't been leveraged extensively to date, as it embarks on a new period of significant growth domestically and internationally in its parks and resorts."

Laketravis

Just like studios and streaming, Disney is structurally unable to operate at lower costs. They have made it so complicated and expensive to operate WDW that the only solution is to cut and raise prices.

I don’t think they could lower prices to attract guests even if they wanted without it completely mucking everything up.

Exactly. And it's further aggravated by reduced attendance/resort stays. They need to raise prices on something in order to lower prices on something else. They have no elasticity.

starfrenzy

With tax, we have now crossed the $200 dollar rubicon with peak MK tickets. $189, times 0.06 sales tax rate

Lord. I don’t know how a family does it, I really don’t.
This summer will be my second year using DVC points for the resort stay and skipping the park tickets. We still love being in the bubble, and can enjoy the resorts, pools, restaurants and other amenities - like boat rental on Seven Seas - but the park tickets are just too much for me and my five kids right now.

John park hopper

Well that's certainly one way to spin it:

When the previous price increases were announced, Disney had a spokesperson offer a statement about the logic behind the increase in prices:

"We are constantly adding new, innovative attractions and entertainment to our parks and, with our broad array of pricing options, the value of a theme park visit is reflected in the unique experiences that only Disney can offer."

Disney has also made it clear that its parks are not only not going to fail in the post-panddemic world – but will be expanding and evolving to keep with the changing times. As such, parks and the surrounding resort properties are being steadily overhauled, as Disney "will explore even more characters and franchises, including some that haven't been leveraged extensively to date, as it embarks on a new period of significant growth domestically and internationally in its parks and resorts."
Pure BS

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
We should get a betting pool going on the next price increase. AP, Self Parking, Food/Merch
According to Tom Bricker, there are increases to the Dining Plan for 2025:

wannabeBelle

At least we know why they added the water park "perk" to the hotels.
Actually I think that isnt a bad idea at all. I know so many families get there a bit later, dont want to use a full day ticket in the parks and are just looking for something to do. This can be a nice option. Time will tell how many people take advantage of this option but it could be a very fun thing for arrival day. As someone else has said, this doesnt really cost Disney anything to do, as the staffing is relatively the same regardless of how many people are in the parks and it opens up another venue for people to explore and possibly pay for later. Do I think this is going to be the be all and end all fix for all that is wrong? Nope. Marie

Indy_UK

Like Iger said, we raised prices too much too fast before yet Doesn’t even take his own advice…

Minnesota disney fan

Yeah that won’t do that

I think it’s more an attempt to take a little stress off the the genie
Just what I'd want to do after a long day of flights, fun going through the airports, hurrying to meet transportation, handling luggage after waiting in line for checkin????!!! When we finally get to our destination, I only want to get settled in the room, change clothes, and get something really good to eat, and relax!!! No water park for me, but it sounds nice, LOL.

PREMiERdrum

These are accurate, and are actually a bit restrained from what I was expecting.

Once the menus are adjusted for individual F&B pricing, it's not as bad of a deal as some other offerings on property. And that's all I'll say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom