News Disney World theme park tickets increase in price for 2025

chama1

Wow...I don' know how "families" can afford going to Disney with these prices...let's see what the prices will be when Universal opens it's new parks...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow...I don' know how "families" can afford going to Disney with these prices...let's see what the prices will be when Universal opens it's new parks...
About the same

They’ve got kind of a cluster going on in Orlando…for a variety of reasons

No question universal is in advantageous position though…because they pushed forward and built an entirely new area…and Disney has not done what it really needed to do

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
About the same

They’ve got kind of a cluster going on in Orlando…for a variety of reasons

No question universal is in advantageous position though…because they pushed forward and built an entirely new area…and Disney has not done what it really needed to do and is too arrogant and/or out of touch to admit it.
FTFY.

monothingie

Premium Member
My gut is that USO has to thread a fine line because unlike the Disney bubble, they don't necessarily have a captive audience. To get between EU and USO you have to enter the real world and that means when figuring out pricing, threading a fine line between enhancing or cannibalizing your guest base. No doubt EU is going to command a price premium, but in order for USO to fully capitalize on EU, guests are going to need to also want to go to the other 2 parks, water park, and USO Hotels, shopping, and restaurants.

monothingie

Premium Member
It’s the management…

They can’t reverse now and build capacity after they decreed it wasn’t necessary for 20 years

But now it’s causing losses

Sweatered Napoleon weasel
You Are Dumb Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Lilofan

Well of course because not everyone pays for parking so they can make more charging everyone elsewhere
When staying at casita 1 at Coronado , the parking lot was so full with guest cars with out of state plates we ended up parking by casita 4. It was a trek back to our hotel room after a long day.

Willmark

I'm a hypocrite, I'll acknowledge it. But I'll only go if there is a worthwhile incentive provided via AP pricing. The "savings" on room rates and merch/dining discounts are sadly what I use to justify renewing my AP.

I think the real danger for Disney is loosing the family from Denver that go every 5 years or the first time visitors who get to experience "The Magic" or the family that is now going to go somewhere else because a Disney Vacation is now even more out of reach and not worth going further into debt for.
That’s me.

Family of four who over the years went from all stars when the kids were little to Beach Club by the time of our last visit. We went five times between 2011 and 2018.

Now?

There is no universe where I can justify the cost to value at Disney. It was always a poor trade off, now it’s pathetically bad.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My gut is that USO has to thread a fine line because unlike the Disney bubble, they don't necessarily have a captive audience. To get between EU and USO you have to enter the real world and that means when figuring out pricing, threading a fine line between enhancing or cannibalizing your guest base. No doubt EU is going to command a price premium, but in order for USO to fully capitalize on EU, guests are going to need to also want to go to the other 2 parks, water park, and USO Hotels, shopping, and restaurants.
They should just charge a premium for EU and a “discount” for the other 2…it would work

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
“If you don’t like these moves announced today, you should pray Peltz and Rasulo don’t get on the board. If you think day tickets approaching $200/day are bad, imagine $300 / day. Because that’s what they’d do if they can. And add tip machines to Princess meet and greets. Don’t believe me? Well, then you’re willfully naive as to the broader destructive cultural forces at work here.”
Who made that excuse for the failed management?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm a hypocrite, I'll acknowledge it. But I'll only go if there is a worthwhile incentive provided via AP pricing. The "savings" on room rates and merch/dining discounts are sadly what I use to justify renewing my AP.

I think the real danger for Disney is loosing the family from Denver that go every 5 years or the first time visitors who get to experience "The Magic" or the family that is now going to go somewhere else because a Disney Vacation is now even more out of reach and not worth going further into debt for.
Wdw travelers are 50% repeat offenders every day at a minimum

You know that “whale from Denver”’was a lie so that dvc would pay the price jumped without complaining too much, right?

DisneyCane

The one's that can't actually afford it but don't want to be "bad parents" and have their kids miss the Disney rite of passage will just throw the trip on a credit card and either pay it off until the kids graduate college or file bankruptcy at some point.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The one's that can't actually afford it but don't want to be "bad parents" and have their kids miss the Disney rite of passage will just throw the trip on a credit card and either pay it off until the kids graduate college or file bankruptcy at some point.
How delightfully simplistic and yet trolling in the same breath 😎

Indy_UK

Thing about Universal is that they keep things simple. Day pricing may be on par with Disney but when you see offers like buy a 2 day ticket and get 2 days free, it grabs peoples attention. want to skip the lines, sure and $100 so that much fewer people benefit.

Disney has made things so stupidly complicated that it is also putting so many off.

It would cost Billions which they won't want to spend but why not rework their whole IT system up again from scratch. I would have it like the Apple Store when you custom build a Mac. Have the base product and then clear add ons for each upgrade like $100 a day for DDP. $20 extra per day for park hopping. The more you spend the more you save. Allow everything to be pre-booked in advance at the same time. Dining, Genie+

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom