News Disney World theme park tickets increase in price for 2025

fgmnt

Food/bev is usually November-ish, but I’m keeping my eyes on them. Parking has not increased as of today, still $30/car for standard parking.
Yep, this lever gets pulled at the end of the fiscal year and before holiday travel rolls in. Genie + rates can give them an opportunity to raise the cost of attraction experiences throughout the year :). Ticket price increases come online now to cover CY 2025 bookings. That’s been my understanding at least.

Ayla

I’m not surprised at all they had price increases. I mean inflation has been wild the last few years, and the fact that the last increase will have been almost 2 years ago is unexpected from Disney.

That being said. I still think it’s too expensive and they will hit a ceiling… regardless of inflation. Therefore, despite inflation, I don’t think price increases are a great idea. I really think they have to consider normal economic cycles. COVID was weird, so who knows on the timing, but there will be a recession coming up because… this is how economies work. They should be careful they don’t price themselves out of disposable income limits.
December of 2022 to February of 2024 is not almost 2 years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was just responding to someone else who thought my math was off. I was actually being generous in my original post
I get that…I’m not picking that fight with you

What I’m saying is they’ve waived the white flag on 2024…which is nuts.
At the same time…they are trying to stunt the blow on price increases next year they desperately need…hoping there’s more acceptance of it by the time it hits.

Drdcm

At the same time…they are trying to stunt the blow on price increases next year they desperately need…hoping there’s more acceptance of it by the time it hits.
Oh we’re on the same page. I think this is going to be a train wreck. The one thing you shouldn’t do if you have attendance issues is increase the cost of attendance. I think they’ve crossed a point of no return already

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

How can they wave the white flag when Tiana’s salt mountain adventure opens this summer? Surely it’ll bring tons of guests out that wouldn’t have normally booked right? While they are there they can then swing by Epcot and visit Moana’s water fountains too then take a tour of the new fort wilderness DVC trailer park if they have time.

Laketravis

How can they wave the white flag when Tiana’s salt mountain adventure opens this summer? Surely it’ll bring tons of guests out that wouldn’t have normally booked right? While they are there they can then swing by Epcot and visit Moana’s water fountains too then take a tour of the new fort wilderness DVC trailer park if they have time.

The anticipation is excruciating.

maxairmike

No.

Things will not change until Iger is removed.

They continue to get worse and worse and worse and worse….

The problem is that there’s likely literally a handful of people in the world that could have a legit shot at the CEO job that would actually do enough positive things to offset the continued increase in prices…for all of about two or three years before the veneer wears off and oh wait, it’s Iger with a different face and voice.

The “savior” of the company isn’t walking through any door guarded by the current board, Wall St. institutions, or Peltz without a massive change in how the function and nature of companies and the profit motive are viewed. Wall Street will have to break before a visionary of that sort is let into a consequential leadership position at a company the size of Disney.

cr3346

So, diving a bit into the numbers and using JD's date of October 13 (and 14 for this year to stay on a Monday). Looks like for multi day tickets, the increase is around 7% on tickets. Largest increase is on a 3 day ticket at 7.78% increase, while the smallest increase is 6.45% on a 10 day ticket.

Interestingly, park hopper tickets are what have seen a larger increase. Overall, it's 7.60%, but much more skewed towards the under 5 day trips. 2 day park hoppers went up $63 (a 15.89% increase). 3 day park hoppers jump almost $68 for a 10.32% increase. So to me, they are really pushing to not have people hop at all (probably has to do with keeping minimum staff throughout the day).
They probably hiked the prices on the 2 & 3 day park hopper the most to deter people from doing a split vacation, 2 or 3 days at Disney and 2 or 3 at universal

donaldtoo

DE9D0F67-5434-4DF0-909B-3A4AB1C91286.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom