Disney world is stale debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmdr_Crimson

win7.gif

NormC

I being one of the complainers can tell you this. I complain about the old rides being removed because the quality of a majority of those attractions were much higher than their replacements. On a property as big as WDW there are many cases where demolishing old attractions was not needed, but was done as a way of saving money. Walt Disney World is not just stale because of a lack of new attractions, its stale because it lacks great attractions that you can't find anywhere else.
So 20K was a much higher quality ride than a Mine coaster that you haven't been on yet and the Little mermaid ride? 20K was a boring ride in a dirty swimming pool with faded fish on strings. At least the fish in mermaid are clean and colorful. I actually like the Mermaid ride for what it is. Yes, they could have done better but the kids love it.
I agree with you on some of the replacements. The original Imagination was far better than the current one. AE was better than Stitch but AE scared kids so they toned it down and themed it to a character.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't really understand the complaints because it's not like you HAVE to go to Disney (or Universal for that matter). If you have arguments for why Disney sucks, great! But don't give them another $3000+ of your money. There are other vacation destinations.
I'm not in the camp of people who complain about every little thing, but I do see some of the problems. What you have to realize is the vast majority of the people on here "complaining" about things don't actually think WDW sucks. They don't hate it and they most likely enjoy 99% of their time there. If you passed by one of these people on a vacation you would probably never know it. They would be enjoying their vacation with friends or family and having a great time. There are some who have reached their breaking pioint and stopped going but they are a small minority. I doubt if I hit that point I would continue to be active on a forum like this, but to each their own.

I still have a great time in the parks with my family and I still look forward to returning again. However, I do see some of the common problems discussed here. I do think the show quality was better in the "glory days". I do think that what has happened to EPCOT is almost unforgivable. I do think DHS needs more stuff. Really, the whole resort needs a sweep through to correct numerous small things that 15 years ago would have never been left untreated. Those are all complaints I would either make or agree with, but for me it doesn't add up to not going back. Not even close.

Californian Elitist

I honestly don't understand what you all are talking about. Granted, certain things can be upgraded or changed, but there is no better place to take your children and have the greatest time besides Disney World.

What about national landmarks and other destinations in this country? I love Disney, but traveling to San Francisco and New York as a kid was a lot of fun for me. I'm going to try to expose my children to as much of this country as possible, not just Disney theme parks. Some actual culture.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I honestly don't understand what you all are talking about. Granted, certain things can be upgraded or changed, but there is no better place to take your children and have the greatest time besides Disney World.

My kids didn't need the artificial atmosphere of a theme park to have the greatest time, they love/loved Disney, but were equally happy on a boat on Loch Lomond or a Sardinian beach. :jawdrop:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They actually have done a lot recently - refurbishments and additions. FP+, which cost an exorbitant amount of money.

Please give an example of any recent refurbishment that wasnt severely overdue due to managements negligence? Or any addition that was truly amazing, say on par with what Disney Imagineers used to create decades ago. Your statement about FP+ implies you seem to think because it cost an exorbitant amount of money it makes it a winner. ???

Lots of executive decisions have been made.
Theyre made everyday, that doesnt mean they are good ones though.

Whatever they decide to do, they think it's best for WDW and it's advancement.

Best for WDW's advancement,... or the bonus checks they receive for slashing budgets and raising profits?

Sure, maintenance isn't what it used to be.

This is an example of complacency at its finest.
(-Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive. -Andy Grove)

Sure, there are foreigners.

Racist? Especially for someone using Pocahantus as their avatar.

if you truly wanted to have a good time you wouldn't let those tiny things make you bitter.

I totally agree with you here. When I visit, I ignore all the tiny little things that bother me, I always have a great time. But I have to force myself to look the other way, compared to years ago when you could look around and marvel a the cleanliness and all the magical hidden gems. Its just that over the years the tiny little things have become more and more obvious and growing in number. I still have a good time, but like many folks here (who are smarter than I) have said, Disney is now more of a resort/timeshare industry rather than a theme park business and it shows in the parks.

KCheatle

On these boards you will routinely find complaints. Some are justified. Some are not. Many complaints will come from the same people (i.e., chronic complainers).

I have dealt with chronic complainers for years. The vast majority of my experience with them is not related to these boards. However, I have rules that I follow when dealing with chronic complainers that I do apply to these boards, and if you think it will help keep you sane on here OP (it has helped me), here they are:

(1) Do not try to convince a chronic complainer things are 'not as bad' as they think or suggest they are 'over-reacting.' Doing so will only compel the chronic complainer to mention ten additional complaints you have not yet heard about and that might give you a better understanding of how "terrible" things actually are.
(2) The quickest way to get out of a chronic complainer's grasp is to validate their feelings, express sympathy, and then redirect them to some other topic of conversation. (i.e., I understand that you are frustrated with X (sympathy), and I agree there are some things at Disney which need attention (validation). Do you recommend a Disney property hotel, and if so, which one? (redirection))
(3) In the vast majority of situations (there are some obvious exceptions), you should avoid offering advice or solutions to their complaints. Just stick to the format in rule 2.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom